Returning Player: Arisen from the Dead

Forum group for all new player discussions.
CelestialLight
Dungeon Master

Returning Player: Arisen from the Dead

Post by CelestialLight »

Greetings all.

I've arisen from a deep slumber to find ALFA still operating after all these years! What a surprise. I played on an ALFA server back in 2004 and then intermittently until 2009. Anyhow, I thought I'd try to get back into this again. I am in the United Kingdom so I am hoping to find more players from Europe, if possible (due to time zone issues).

Take care now.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Returning Player: Arisen from the Dead

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Welcome back!!

I hope to see you in game.
There is fun to be had in ALFA both on the NWN1 and NWN2 platforms.

Get in there !!
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Hey thought I was the only uk player. Hope we can game together
CelestialLight
Dungeon Master

Post by CelestialLight »

dergon darkhelm wrote:Welcome back!!

Get in there !!

Thanks for the welcome :). Do you know how many active players in ALFA there are playing NWN 1 & NWN 2?
CelestialLight
Dungeon Master

Post by CelestialLight »

orangetree wrote:Hey thought I was the only uk player. Hope we can game together
That's good to know that you're in the UK. I hope we can get to play together too, as that would be preferable to staying awake in to the early hours of the morning just to get RP interaction.
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

CelestialLight wrote:
orangetree wrote:Hey thought I was the only uk player. Hope we can game together
That's good to know that you're in the UK. I hope we can get to play together too, as that would be preferable to staying awake in to the early hours of the morning just to get RP interaction.
I’ve done my fair share of late nights/early mornings to be part of the RP. Would certainly be nice to do it in relaxed times. I’m playing on moonshaes and would be happy to give your char a little walk around the server. I’ll try to keep an eye for a new toon but feel free to catch me on discord too ;) (I’m very low level too)
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

CelestialLight wrote:
dergon darkhelm wrote:Welcome back!!

Get in there !!

Thanks for the welcome :). Do you know how many active players in ALFA there are playing NWN 1 & NWN 2?
The base is small these days.

I would reckon there are only 10 regular players in NWN1 and about the same number in NWN2.

But there is DMd fun to be had in both. :)
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Welcome back. You are from before my joining, but I look forward to meeting you on Discord and/or in game.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
CelestialLight
Dungeon Master

Post by CelestialLight »

gonz.0 wrote:Welcome back. You are from before my joining, but I look forward to meeting you on Discord and/or in game.

Thanks for the welcome :).
CelestialLight
Dungeon Master

Post by CelestialLight »

orangetree wrote:
CelestialLight wrote:
I’ve done my fair share of late nights/early mornings to be part of the RP. Would certainly be nice to do it in relaxed times. I’m playing on moonshaes and would be happy to give your char a little walk around the server. I’ll try to keep an eye for a new toon but feel free to catch me on discord too ;) (I’m very low level too)

I will take you up on the offer of a server walk around as soon as I can. But, first of all, I need to create an interesting character. What are the rules now concerning character biographies? Is a bio necessary before playing on a server or can I postpone that for a short period? I've got some ideas but they're tentative at the moment.

That's the second time someone has mentioned discord. I presume it's a type of chat site?
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

https://discordapp.com/invite/9pZKj9Y

Click on that, it'll take you to ALFA's Discord channel!

As for biographies, there's no requirement to have one to roll a PC; the rule of thumb for a lot of folks used to be to write a bio when the PC survives past lvl 1 or 2, though there's incentive to write them early these days as you can qualify for significant chunks of bonus xp for doing so.

Welcome to ALFA, look for at least one other PC to regularly group with if at all possible, and good luck with your 2nd character! :)
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt