Introductions

Forum group for all new player discussions.
Tamlin
Shambling Zombie

Introductions

Post by Tamlin »

Hi! I guess I should have done this a while ago as I've been pretty active playing and on discord but I thought better late than never, and it's a good time to figure out forums.

I'm Tamlin as you've probably guessed, I've already had my first two characters die tragic deaths and am now on my third, the infamous Wangel Jornborner. I've played dungeons and dragons since grade eight (so like, 5 years ago only) and recently got back into neverwinter nights, when I found you guys! (One of the greatest discoveries ever).

I'm in University first year right now and taking five classes plus work so it's kinda hectic but I seem to find (probably too much) time to play. I mostly play with my two friends, 42 (Who currently has had her first two characters die and sadly must think of a third one) and Awesomesocks1999 or something like that, I'm not certain the name he's using on this (who is still on his first character that literally is the backbone of our entire party and mysteriously walks past huge spiders and into safety while he should be dead). We mostly play on BG and fridays and saturdays really are the days that work best for us. We love the intensity and stakes in this permadeath hard difficulty server, it's a big change from our Neverwinter Night campaign where if you die you just load up again until we take the baddies out. We'll try to get to some dming games but so far the static quests have been really good.

I'm still new to this kind of rping game, I have tendencies to meta (which I apologize for and am doing my best to curb; example Wangel) so let me know if I do anything out of line.

Anything else I'm supposed to say? Thanks so much for keeping this server up and running, it's really neat.

(Also not sure if this is meta asking this, but what do leaches do? I assumed they cured poison but all they seemed to do was deal one damage to my party member and say, "hmm that didn't seem to work". Maybe it's because by then there was no poison left, just the ability score decreases? Anyway if you can let me know that'd be great, if not, no biggy.)

Thanks so much!

Tamlin
"My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea."
-Tommy Douglas, probably about gnomes
Stormbringer
Owlbear

Re: Introductions

Post by Stormbringer »

Greetings and well met.. you should come to TSM. There is a lowbie group there on most Saturday evenings USA times.
Current PC:
Former PC's
Saman Barb/Sorcerer
Kal Rogue/Ranger of Selune
Aiden Ketter Priest of Kelemvor
Kree (ubber not smart Barb)
Past PC: Jena Steel | Hamar Marrion (Marcus)and many other dead PC's
Cleasor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Cleasor »

Stormbringer wrote:Greetings and well met.. you should come to TSM. There is a lowbie group there on most Saturday evenings USA times.
Agreed, find the ship (server portal) from BG to TSM, pay a few coin, and sail up the river to Rivermoot.
"Having an adventure shows that someone is incompetent, that something has gone wrong. An adventure is interesting enough in retrospect, especially to the person who didn't have it; at the time it happens it usually constitutes an exceedingly disagreeable experience." Vilhjalmur Stefansson
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

BG is the best for newbies who like statics. Arianna is an active dm but doesn't dm on BG. So take your pick, if you want Dm, or mess around with statics a while.
We are working on BG dming.

You are welcomed to the community, all three of you. As for Meta, it's a simple concept that only seems simple once you have it absorbed. So we are not going to roast you over mistakes with it, but might rib you over it. That just means we like you. We all were new once.

Personally, I want you to feel welcome, it's great to get new folks into the community. If you need help understanding something, please ask.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg