Taking a look back

Forum group for all new player discussions.
Souvarine
Dire Badger

Taking a look back

Post by Souvarine »

Well just landing a hi there, it's been years, litterally, that i've been around. I used to be a drow rp'er back then, or some typically wild character concepts anyway.
Odds are we never met, but i'll take a look at what's going on around, and if RL allows, who knows, maybe even try it out once more.

Cheers,

Souvarine
Coming soon in a server near you.
maxcell
Githyanki

Re: Taking a look back

Post by maxcell »

Hi Souvarine. I remember the name but we never played together. My lawful good traits would have forced me to unleash dwarven fury upon your toon on site.

I have since mellowed, and would gladly stab a surfacer in the kidney should you require it.
Souvarine
Dire Badger

Post by Souvarine »

Hehe, thanks for the warm (bloody) re-welcome ;)
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Treacherous maxcell! You will rue the day, oh yes...

Welcome back Souvarine, hope to see you ingame!
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

I remember your name souvarine, welcome back, i'm back myself after a couple year absence.
Souvarine
Dire Badger

Post by Souvarine »

I just found out that the digital version of the expansions is impossible to get anymore... odd. It was from atari's store. I still have the cd keys though, but...will need to find a way to get the client.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Souvarine wrote:I just found out that the digital version of the expansions is impossible to get anymore... odd. It was from atari's store. I still have the cd keys though, but...will need to find a way to get the client.

http://www.gog.com/

Gog sells the game here
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Souvarine
Dire Badger

Post by Souvarine »

Alright, bought the game and installed...i am a tool though, i can't find the hak download page (the link on the account page lead me to a 404 for some reason).

Anyone could guide this n00b by the hand :|
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

I'm pretty sure you just log into a game server and she downloads now... wave of the future.

That being said the game codes need to match up with your account or you'll get punted I think.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

If you're not picking up an old PC, it's usually easier to just make a new GSID. Be TheNewSouvarine and your new CD keys get associated with that. Won't matter that old CD keys are associated with your old GSID, 'cuz you'd not be playing those old toons.
Souvarine
Dire Badger

Post by Souvarine »

Nice, seems to have worked.

Is there any drow activity on any of the servers? I'll start browsing the forums to see what's going on too, i guess :P
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

There's not really any underdark action going on. There was a recent-ish attempt, but there wasn't really the playerbase/ DM support to make it work, and the interested DM has reduced availability / the associated players either returned to the surface or retired.

Probably a bad time to try to make underdark stuff happen on account; likely the path of least resistance to be a surfacer.
Souvarine
Dire Badger

Post by Souvarine »

thanks alot, will starting pondering of a fun character concept (drow or something else really).
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

If you really want to play a drow character I'd highly recommend discussing with the dm team of the server you intend to play on; recruiting other players who will have PCs that are compatible with your PC might also be a good idea.

Honestly, it's rather unlikely that you'll have an enjoyable experience (or contribute to others' enjoyment) just rolling up a lone lvl 1 drow and starting out cold without any DM/playerfaction support.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Souvarine
Dire Badger

Post by Souvarine »

Yeah no worries, it's always been like this with such characters anyway, besides it's just common sense and courtesy to send the concept to the dms, even if it's a normal PC. If the dms don't have time/interest in it (or even your style of rp), then there's not much point in acting alone, especially in a tight set like ALFA.