FUBARED Feats

Forum group for all new player discussions.
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

FUBARED Feats

Post by Wild Wombat »

*sigh*

I know that I saw a list of the feats that don't work (like Uncanny Dodge, which I remember) somewhere, but I am so overwhelmed with the amount of content to look at that I can't get back to that page right now!

Can somebody point me at something like that: feats that don't work in NWN2 and/or have been removed from ALFA?

(Not sure it really matters ... I should just come up with a PC and start playing, but who knows, he may actually survive and it may matter what I plan out for him. I have a tendency to come up with PCs and not plan out what ability scores and pre-requisits they actually need to get feats etc. *blush*)
Current NWN1: Murgen Kjarnisteinn (AKA Grumpy Scout)

Current NWN2: Muir Cheartach, AKA The Pale Faced Pie Man

R.I.P.: Croaker Lyosbarr, Knight of Yartar, Lord of Lhuvenhead (NWN1)

"In no uncertain terms, i am adamantly opposed to any ingame mechanics that penalize players for wanting to meet up with other players, when their goal is to roleplay." - White Warlock
Matti
Dire Badger

Re: FUBARED Feats

Post by Matti »

Somewhat changed feats:
http://www.alandfaraway.org/node/1644

And the page with the summary of gamechanges:
http://www.alandfaraway.org/node/1212

I think that these are quite up to date, but check the feats and skills that you're interested in as your creating your character as those notes should be more reliable.
PC: Rothar Hall
PC: Leon Merwine

Deceased: Thoian Trill

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. "
- Robin Williams
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

Yes! That list of broken feats is what I remember.

Thanks, Matti.

"In no uncertain terms, i am adamantly opposed to any ingame mechanics that penalize players for wanting to meet up with other players, when their goal is to roleplay." - White Warlock
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Those links are old and inaccurate.

It doesn't look like anyone has produced player-facing documentation for the last two years of work here, but the changelogs available on the Technical Documentation link at the top of the page are complete, insofar as we're aware.

Noteworthy, for instance, that characters with uncanny dodge are indeed protected based on their dex bonus when flat footed. (Note the attacker's attack bonus vs. what it should be).
Matti
Dire Badger

Post by Matti »

The documentation is indeed old. I just responded with what I could link without bringing out bits and pieces of information to confuse. I am sorry wild wombat. The new documentation is being handled but I wasn't aware of how wrong the links I provided you with were.
PC: Rothar Hall
PC: Leon Merwine

Deceased: Thoian Trill

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. "
- Robin Williams
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

Good information.

I'll figure it out eventually. With the amount of work done in the years I have been absent, why would I expect to get caught up in a few days.

Thanks again!

Oh, and the news about Uncanny Dodge is good: Rogues have a hard enough time getting by in a world that is turned against them ... they are innocent folk swept up in the endeavours of power hungry mages, fighters and clerics, after all! :P

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Welcome back Wild Wombat, always awesome to see more of us toothless old fogies coming back.

It IS a good idea to research a little.

I created a PC based entirely upon a PrC he would have taken at level 6.

I found out at level 3 (after spending that all-so-rare and important 3rd level feat on a feat that was also supposed to support that PrC! as well as the majority of my skill points the whole way through ha!) that, in NWN2/ALFA2, that PrC I wanted (which was in NWN1), was not only not supported in NWN2, but entirely and forever not to be implemented into ALFA2 for any reason. :) My fault, ...I never asked. It's ok! :) We roll through, and now, i'd not even want a re-make even if offered.

So good to see you back big guy!

w00t
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Good to see the name of an old njub :)
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
wvincenti
Rust Monster

Post by wvincenti »

ALFA could use a good crime wave.

:-)

-Bill
  • Currently NWN1 ALFA: Ryld Ky'bler
    Currently NWN2: Gwindor Faelivrin, still not actually dead!

Formerly: Timyin Tim, Glorfindel Inglorion and Beleg Thalionestel amongst others.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

wvincenti wrote:ALFA could use a good crime wave.

:-)

-Bill
Amen.

Not sure how well such would fit on MS where I currently DM, but I would try to be supportive. If I were a DM on BG, WHL, or heck even TSM I'd support the heck out of such attempts. We definitely could stand to have more PC driven stuff that's being supported.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt