Perform Skill

Forum group for all new player discussions.
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

Perform Skill

Post by Wild Wombat »

I am looking at skills now and am wondering about Perform, which is now a requirement for Shadow Dancer (the Dance sub category of Perform). I like that it is a requirement. It should be.

But does this mean that a PC has to be a Bard to be a Shadow Dancer? I ask because I thought that a PC could not take ranks in Perform unless s/he is a Bard.

Bear with me ... I may have alot of questions here!
Current NWN1: Murgen Kjarnisteinn (AKA Grumpy Scout)

Current NWN2: Muir Cheartach, AKA The Pale Faced Pie Man

R.I.P.: Croaker Lyosbarr, Knight of Yartar, Lord of Lhuvenhead (NWN1)

"In no uncertain terms, i am adamantly opposed to any ingame mechanics that penalize players for wanting to meet up with other players, when their goal is to roleplay." - White Warlock
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Re: Perform Skill

Post by FoamBats4All »

Wild Wombat wrote:I am looking at skills now and am wondering about Perform, which is now a requirement for Shadow Dancer (the Dance sub category of Perform). I like that it is a requirement. It should be.

But does this mean that a PC has to be a Bard to be a Shadow Dancer? I ask because I thought that a PC could not take ranks in Perform unless s/he is a Bard.

Bear with me ... I may have alot of questions here!
In NWN2, perform is limited to only bards. In ALFA/PnP, anyone can take ranks in perform, but it's only a class skill for bards, monks, and rogues.