New player looking into the Red Knight.

Forum group for all new player discussions.
Falx
Goblin Scout

New player looking into the Red Knight.

Post by Falx »

Hi everyone, I recently finished applying and I hope to get accepted soon. Until then I'm working on my character story. So far I'm thinking of playing a cleric of the Red Knight, one who recently served in Amn during the Sithsillian war. I read on one of the forum posts that there is a red knight faction and I was wondering if I could get some more info on it, or should I try to do that IC. Thank you.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: New player looking into the Red Knight.

Post by Zelknolf »

Well, firstly: welcome!

And then a slight damper on the idea: we do have a few players with interest in the faction, but the DM who wanted to run it (HEEGZ) seems to have gotten pretty inactive of late. He's not been in games a couple months, and doesn't seem to be terribly active on the forums. You might fling him a PM before counting on finding the expected support in play.

That said, you can still totally play that red knight cleric in pretty much everything. It's a faith that can cooperate with pretty much anything that gets classified as adventure.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Agree with above mostly -

If you're looking for an active faction, Red Knight at present will be a let down.

However, there is at least a dedicated temple (in High Hold on TSM) and as Zelk mentioned, Red Knight is a faith that is pretty easily able to become involved in most adventures.

Welcome! Hope to see you in game soon!
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Falx
Goblin Scout

Post by Falx »

Okay, thanks for the quick replies. I was either going to do red knight or tempus, leaning towards red knight because of the faction available. I think the chaotic nature of tempus might be a little more fun for me personally, but I'll have to think on it.
Witchdoctor
Gelatinous Cube

Post by Witchdoctor »

Welcome from one newbie to another. :)
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

Welcome. Check the floaty display of who is on what server at your preferred times. It may help you pick where to explore first. I know nothing first hand about the vibe or amenities of tsm or ms. I'm on BG. Happens to have a Tempus temple, odds and ends plot bits do pass thru. Red knight citadel of strategic militancy is represented too, but outside the city, and the city is where player density is at. Still, there's at least one guy who rolled a RK aficionado or at least someone who wishes to visit/study at the citadel, DMs do take note especially if there are several people with similar goals. Groups are good!

Luck with whatever you roll up, have fun!
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Post by johnlewismcleod »

Welcome aboard! :D

I wouldn't worry to much about your first PC...he/she likely won't live long anyway ;)

As A general rule most of us advocate holding back on your preferred concept PC until you've settled in a bit and figured out how ALFA works IG.

I hope to see you IG soon :D
I seek plunder....and succulent greens

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

Retired PC's: Torquil, Gwenevere
Former PC's: Rugo, Flora, Rory Mor
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

Playing bodyguard for a newbie red knight would be interesting for Zyrus... if you go with this concept I hope to meet him/her :D
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

I could see interesting hooks for a Red Knight both on TSM and BG, and maybe MS though it would be more Tempus there.

Either way getting to know ALFA takes time.... so get to it. (:
It will be worth it. Dont be afraid to send tells and ask questions IG or log into chat.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I am still planning to DM the Red Knight faction, probably starting in June when I am off for the summer and can run a campaign. As has been mentioned, I have been inactive here for the past month because Mass Effect 3 has completely consumed my free time. I will put most updates, as I have them, in the following thread:

http://www.alandfaraway.org/forums/view ... 42&t=42287
Riotnrrd
DMA's Technical Liaison

Post by Riotnrrd »

There are definitely other players that are interested in the Red Knight. Like a certain wizard whom has repeatedly applied to the college of war...
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I'm hoping to get the update loaded to Paazin tonight actually. We'll see if our schedules line up, since I've not attempted this before. Definitely planning on a summer campaign, hopefully with Rotku DMing as well.
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

Heegz pg's as a dm
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

hush you
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

HEEGZ wrote:I am still planning to DM the Red Knight faction, probably starting in June when I am off for the summer and can run a campaign.
/me *Plans his (totally IC) conversion from Brandobaris to RedKnight to take effect right around June 1*
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1