R-18 Ruling

Forum group for all new player discussions.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

R-18 Ruling

Post by danielmn »

ALFA Adult - 18 policy:

ALFA is an age 18 plus gaming community. The core focus of ALFA as a gaming and entertainment project is role-playing in a fantasy adventure setting. The community of ALFA spans many countries and legal jurisdictions; and because the fantasy gaming content occurring within and around the community of ALFA will at times include violent and possibly sexually charged materials, the community must necessarily exclude minors. Although ALFA membership is limited to adults it's purpose is to provide a fantasy adventure setting, not a primarily social setting (i.e. ALFA is not intending to make sexual oriented role play a focus of the community).

The principles governing ALFA's adult role play, defined as role play that includes graphic violence, torture and sexual situations are common sense, respect toward others and consent.

Common sense: adult themed role play should be in the context of the fantasy adventure setting of D&D. ALFA is a setting for hard core, persistent adventure gaming. Please use common sense in keeping adult content within this context.

Respect toward others: When engaging in Adult role play be respectful of others. Members will have differing levels of comfort with adult themed content. Take time to understand the boundaries and limits of others before engaging in adult role play.

Consent: Certain types of adult role play require prior consent by participants before players may engage in them: torture, rape, graphic depictions of violence or sex. Permissions should be documented with screen shots and or pms. Other adult oriented role play while not requiring prior consent must still be conducted with common sense and mutual respect. Any player has the right to opt out of any adult role play without consequence. Any player uncomfortable with an adult role-playing situation should immediately communicate to the other player(s) their discomfort and request the adult content end. This request should be documented. Should the offending role-play continue the objecting player should log out and contact the Player Administrator.

ALFA strictly forbids role-playing involving children in adult or sexual situations. As such, all PC's need to be of at least age 18, and represented as such. Some, as demonstrated below, need to be adjusted for racial maturity.

http://www.alandfaraway.org/node/898

Relevant rule addition found above, as 2.4.1 R-18 Rules of Consent
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Re: R-18 Ruling

Post by danielmn »

•Human 18 years
•Dwarf 40 years
•Elf 110 years
•Gnome 40 years
•Half-elf 20 years
•Half-orc 18 years
•Halfling 20 years

These are the minimum appropriate starting ages for each base race. Done a little adjusting to the rule to reflect the use of minimum age in game, as suggested by the LA.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"