Skywing's NWN2 Client Extension

Forum group for all new player discussions.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Re: Skywing's NWN2 Client Extension

Post by FoamBats4All »

Skywing's Client Extension v1.0.0.22 released.
Release 1.0.0.22 is now available (includes restored Internet Server Browser support for multiplayer).

This release includes the following features:

- Internet Server Browser functionality restored using a new master server list hosted by Skywing. Servers can participate by installing the xp_bugfix 1.0.20 or later plugin from the NWNX4.org forums (see the NWNX4 Development forum, xp_bugfix thread). Clients running the Client Extension will automatically nominate servers unknown to the Internet Server Browser on connection for broadest community coverage. Web-based versions of the Internet Server Browser are also available; for example, visit Link . See the readme file included in the .zip for more details.

- Self-update functionality included in the Client Extension. The Client Extension will present a message box at the main menu when a new Client Extension update is available; the user can choose to install the update directly from the game (or continue on to play without installing the update if desired).

- Included a fix from FoamBats4All for a DM client crash that can occur when opening the right-click context menu on a creature. This crash will not occur when running the Client Extension with the DM client (NWLauncher.exe -dmc).

- Fixed a problem where the game would infrequently not be started by NWLauncher.exe properly.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Great work!
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

Do you need to insert the regedit file for this one, or is the 'old' variant still active?
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

As I said on the IRC when it happened, self update.. I'm VERY impressed by Skywing, and Foam, very glad you are helping on the project.

Kudos to both.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Post by johnlewismcleod »

FoamBats4All wrote:Skywing's Client Extension v1.0.0.22 released.
Release 1.0.0.22 is now available (includes restored Internet Server Browser support for multiplayer).

This release includes the following features:

- Internet Server Browser functionality restored using a new master server list hosted by Skywing. Servers can participate by installing the xp_bugfix 1.0.20 or later plugin from the NWNX4.org forums (see the NWNX4 Development forum, xp_bugfix thread). Clients running the Client Extension will automatically nominate servers unknown to the Internet Server Browser on connection for broadest community coverage. Web-based versions of the Internet Server Browser are also available; for example, visit Link . See the readme file included in the .zip for more details.

- Self-update functionality included in the Client Extension. The Client Extension will present a message box at the main menu when a new Client Extension update is available; the user can choose to install the update directly from the game (or continue on to play without installing the update if desired).

- Included a fix from FoamBats4All for a DM client crash that can occur when opening the right-click context menu on a creature. This crash will not occur when running the Client Extension with the DM client (NWLauncher.exe -dmc).

- Fixed a problem where the game would infrequently not be started by NWLauncher.exe properly.
As most remember, I can be a bit dense when it comes to sniffing out updates and the like. This link appears to be broken.

Can anyone offer a link to get my NWNlauncher current so I can log in to the servers?

My 3 year old version is evidently broken.
I seek plunder....and succulent greens

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

Retired PC's: Torquil, Gwenevere
Former PC's: Rugo, Flora, Rory Mor
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

holy troutonastick, itsa JLM!!!!!!!
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Thanks, Dan...it's good to see you again :D

Any idea what this means?

"Failed to launch Neverwinter Nights 2 (game exited early: code 11746)"

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

I'm wondering if I need to get patched up for the NWNLauncher to start working.

It seems my patch version is "Your game version is: 1.20.1541 English"

Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

http://neverwintervault.org/patches?fie ... All&=Apply

You'll have to apply a few patches if you're doing it manually, but there should be enough to get you from 1.20 to 1.23 in there (use Ctrl+F to find the patches by number).
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Zelknolf wrote:http://neverwintervault.org/patches?fie ... All&=Apply

You'll have to apply a few patches if you're doing it manually, but there should be enough to get you from 1.20 to 1.23 in there (use Ctrl+F to find the patches by number).
Hiya, Z :D

The manual patcher seems to need me to select a destination for the patch to go to.

Do I need to direct them to C:\Users\John\Documents\Neverwinter Nights 2\patch or C:\Program Files (x86)\Atari\Neverwinter Nights 2\patch or something else entirely?

Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

You can save the files anywhere. The official patches come off of that page, get decompressed (in modern operating systems, you just double click the zip file and then drag the patch out of that window and to where ever you want to decompress it to), and then are installed using a patcher program (if the default one is fighting you, this guy http://neverwintervault.org/patch/nwn2/ ... her-tnt220 is also out there, and comes with some pretty exhaustive instructions).
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Thanks, Z...got them in and the NWNLauncher is working now.

Downloading update files from BG presently.

I didn't see Moonshaes on the listed servers, only BG and TSM.

I wasn't asked for a password, either...I'm guessing I'm about to log onto an open server version of BG, perhaps?

kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

BG only has one version and it is indeed open.
(So is MS, only TSM I think still requires a password).
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

kid wrote:BG only has one version and it is indeed open.
(So is MS, only TSM I think still requires a password).

Both TSM and WHL require passwords they are much more dangerous servers
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin