Example Quest Toolings

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Example Quest Toolings

Post by Zelknolf »

Well, if you're going to be a regular builder, I'd strongly advocate for the learning of git-- that's the quick way to do it. I'm less sure of how well that "view raw" button will work, and you of course risk missing some of the changes like that. Machines are much better at tracking changes than people and such.

Would be a bit of fuss to get individual resources if the view raw button doesn't work, and it would have all of the problems that git is supposed to be solving for us (most severe being that the example will "rot" for having failed to acquire updates from continued work on the live game unless it gets active manual maintenance, which is hard to remember to do).
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Example Quest Toolings

Post by Brokenbone »

I'm trying the GIT scene out now, if I horrendously mess up I guess the beauty of this stuff is that someone can notice and say "that was stupid" and revert anything that goes out somehow from the thing that downloaded itself after I accepted something re: "Clone to Desktop" (or something like that). Think I got a couple ideas but I'll start with less ambitious ones first.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff