Incorporeal Undead

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Incorporeal Undead

Post by Teric neDhalir »

New Building Tools and Options

Creatures with the touch attack feat may now accept a local string, named "ACR_TOUCH_ATTACK" -- if set to the value of WRAITH, the creature's touch attack will operate as a wraith's (magical damage on touch, and fort save or constitution drain).
Creatures flagged as incorporeal ("X2_L_IS_INCORPOREAL") and which use the ACR AI ("ACR_CREATURE_BEHAVIOR") now automatically receive all properties inherent to incorporeal creatures without further toolset intervention.
I'm behind the times and only just getting round to taking the above change onboard. Rather than playing 20 questions about this setting and that variable does anyone have a fully working, correct in all aspects blueprint for an incorporeal undead creature with a proper touch attack that I can take as a template?
Cheers!
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Re: Incorporeal Undead

Post by Teric neDhalir »

*crickets*
That's a bit worrying.
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

I am kind of wondering about this one too, I know that zSpawn can make perfectly terrifying Shadows, but I am not quite sure what gives them their mojo. Not just the ability to do the special touch attack tooled onto them, but the AI to actually employ it is a big deal. I honestly forget if it was one of those new behavior types like TANK, NUKE, or all those other funny words, where incorporeals got their own "word" to select as a... uh.... variable?

If there was a sample shadow and wraith, I'd be down with making a couple of variants (including dread wraith I guess), especially if I knew it'd replace the HATED +2 weapon-needing shadows and whatnot on BG. Though I think also some "smaller" shadows on BG only need +1, these are meant to be an annoyance monster, deadly in a world of people who don't own +2 weapons though.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

A creature on new AI with the touch attack ability will always use it in any circumstance wherein a non-incorporeal creature would have attacked with fists or weapon.

I keep forgetting to actually grab my wraiths off of the fight club. I do have a sample somewhere, though.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

I've worked my way down my blueprints list re-categorising everything to fit with the new Creator and have got to Undead - any chance of that example of an incorporeal with touch attack?
I'm really, really not complaining here, but sometimes the tech department forgets that the rest of the community are normal mortals that need examples to learn from. :help:
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Blargh... I call this a bug in my system of organization. Our timezones align such that I'm pretty much always at work when I see your posts, where I can't get at my creature blueprints-- and upon seeing your posts, they're no longer "unread posts."

I am stuffing a note in my pocket in hopes that it'll remind me when I get home this time.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

On the DM FTP /NWN2/TechTemp/forTeric

A wraith which has been converted to new AI and new touch attacks-- note the local variables set on the creature and the feat selections.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Great stuff Zelk!

(An appreciative note for your contributions)
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Same same.

Thank you for your hard work very much!
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Zelknolf wrote:On the DM FTP /NWN2/TechTemp/forTeric

A wraith which has been converted to new AI and new touch attacks-- note the local variables set on the creature and the feat selections.
*puzzled*
The only variable that critter has is X2_L_IS_INCORPOREAL and the feats are the normal alertness, blind-fight etc. And its weapon is the basic Wraith Claw. Possibly the wrong blueprint?
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

... also puzzled.

Guess I'll have another look this afternoon.
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

I believe the toolset was again asserting it's "unique" understanding of what "save" means yesterday.

Try the one that's up now. That one should actually contain the changes I made.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Zelknolf wrote:I believe the toolset was again asserting it's "unique" understanding of what "save" means yesterday.

Try the one that's up now. That one should actually contain the changes I made.
Thank you!
So, to recap, the only things unusual about that blueprint are the ACR_TOUCH_ATTACK=WRAITH and ACR_CREATURE_BEHAVIOUR variables? No new feats required? Oh, wait one.. You need the Touch Attack feat which doesn't show up in the Feats Tab, but does on the Properties Tab>Feats? Bleh!

Next question, of course, is what do you do for a touch attack that doesn't do Wraith damage or drain (I've been trying to do a ghost for years!)?
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Teric neDhalir wrote:Thank you!
So, to recap, the only things unusual about that blueprint are the ACR_TOUCH_ATTACK=WRAITH and ACR_CREATURE_BEHAVIOUR variables? No new feats required? Oh, wait one.. You need the Touch Attack feat which doesn't show up in the Feats Tab, but does on the Properties Tab>Feats? Bleh!

Next question, of course, is what do you do for a touch attack that doesn't do Wraith damage or drain (I've been trying to do a ghost for years!)?
re: variables, yes. Though the incorporeal flag is still important; it's just not new. That will make sure that it won't bump things while moving about, can't be tripped/entangled, gets the proper concealment, etc.

If the Touch Attack feat isn't on your feats tab, you should check your custom content on your tooling machine-- or the filters you have set on the feats tab. I set it by checking it off like any other feat.

Right now, we only have wraiths and shadows; hadn't gotten requests for anything else. I'll put in a ticket for a ghost touch attack.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Zelknolf wrote:re: variables, yes. Though the incorporeal flag is still important; it's just not new. That will make sure that it won't bump things while moving about, can't be tripped/entangled, gets the proper concealment, etc.

Yes, understood.

If the Touch Attack feat isn't on your feats tab, you should check your custom content on your tooling machine-- or the filters you have set on the feats tab. I set it by checking it off like any other feat.

I've been back through it all - Properties>CharacterSheet>Feats goes to the TwoDAReferenceCollectionEditor which includes an entry called Touch Attack. Looking at the Feats tab has no Touch Attack however I try and filter the entries. Looking at Feats.2da in alphabetical order also draws a blank. Which line of feats.2da do you think it is?

Right now, we only have wraiths and shadows; hadn't gotten requests for anything else. I'll put in a ticket for a ghost touch attack.

I didn't know you were asking for requests :)