Static Quest Building Guide

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Static Quest Building Guide

Post by Zelknolf »

So, it still needs a lot of work, but this exists now. Currently, it covers the creation of ACR static quests which operate entirely within conversations (e.g. "Talk to a person to receive a quest. Talk to this other person (or these other people) to advance the quest, and maybe roll some dice as part of these conversations. Talk to a final person to get paid")
http://www.alandfaraway.org/node/2577

It's linked off from the Technical Documentation page and should be visible to everyone regardless of status relative to our community (if it's not, complain; but I'm pretty sure that you won't even have to log in to Drupal to see it, because it contains no sensitive information at all and I tested that).

The next place I'll be expanding it will be to cover the inclusion of triggers and placeables in the challenges section, and I am restricting the scope of the document to the actual application of the ACR Quest system (so if you wanted to put a swimmable tunnel between a quest giver and the quest objective, you'd want to look for the documentation on swimming, not quests, and just build the area with the tunnel in the way). But with that in mind, I wholly accept that the document is an incomplete first draft, and am open to feedback about it.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Re: Static Quest Building Guide

Post by Curmudgeon »

Thanks for this, Zelknolf! We've long needed this sort of a guide to what the ACR can do.

I'll be testing it out.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Static Quest Building Guide

Post by Zelknolf »

Awesome-- let me know how it goes.

I'm back on the creator project while I see how this plays thus far (we're covering conversation-based quests-- talking to people, simple skill checks, and FedEx sorts -- no timers or resets, but brief description of how to use quests to reset other quests); could use feedback for how useful it is and if I'm being patronizing or skipping vital details in places-- I think I've included the stuff that's come back to me thus far; if I haven't, let me know.