Creatures!

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Creatures!

Post by danielmn »

mimic up on ftp. I have made the associated skin for it (immunity to acid) but have not made it's attack, as I believe it will need to be scripted by someone more knowledgeable than I. FX also on the blueprint. Will need morale variable

Grey Render up on ftp. Sorry curm, forgot to take out the scripts again. Promise to remember next time! Needs morale script.

tiger.erf Scripts removed, needs correct morale variable.
Tyran.erf. Tyranosaur, scripts removed, need correct morale variable, if any. Attack differs. Canon has attack being 3d6 bite, no 3d6 bite in toolset. Used 3d6 claw as substitute.

In my folder on ftp, new creatures.

Ooze.erf contains gelatenous cube, grey ooze, black pudding, ocre jelly.

Purpworm.erf contains 2 worms, one purple and one tintable. The worms will need morale scripting. Also forgot to bracket the purple worms name and put CR rating. Rating should be same as what is tooled.

wererat.erf contains 2 previosuly made wererats, with the visual model changed. These should replace our two old wererat blueprints, and should be good to place.

Behloder.erf contains 1 beholder. Needs Morale scripting.((needs to be tested, likely needs scripting for it's abilities to function correctly))

Drider.erf. Contains male and female drider, needs morale scripting. d2 poison instead of d6 (d6 not available in toolset yet)
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Re: Creatures!

Post by FoamBats4All »

Castano (and maybe Ith?) are working on creatures. I'd like to kick back up that Campaign Folder project, and get some standardized, PnP creatures into ALFA with working AIs and reasonable abilities. Probably better to start clean and implement only the creatures from that project that are known to work, as there are many bugs in the current project.

I am willing to work with anyone making a creature to get their special abilities coded, though I would prefer not to have to do the actual toolsetting myself.

Please post here if you are working on creatures. Below I will be keeping a list of creatures that have been submitted, claimed, or are otherwise worked on.

All files should be uploaded to /NWN2/Modules/Builders Share Folder/Creatures. If you for some reason do not have access to this folder, please PM me a link and I will move it there.

Abandoned

Claimed and Under Construction
Aberration, Beholder (Needs scripting for abilities and AI.)
Aberration, Drider (Needs scripting and poison.)
Aberration, Mimic (Needs attack scripted and other completions.)
Animal, Tiger (Needs scripts/morale.)
Magical Beast, Gray Render (Needs morale script.)
Magical Beast, Purple Worm (Need morale scripting, name fix.)
Oozes (gray, black pudding, ocre jelly, compare against below.)
UNKNOWN, Tyran (What book is this from? Needs scripts, morale, check creature attack.)

Ready for Testing
Aberration, Mindflayer
Animal, Badger
Animal, Badger, Dire
Animal, Bear, Black
Animal, Bird
Animal, Boar
Animal, Cheetah
Animal, Domesticated Dog, Black
Animal, Domesticated Dog, Brown
Animal, Domesticated Dog, Gray
Animal, Domesticated Dog, Tan
Animal, Domesticated Dog, White
Animal, Horse
Animal, Leopard
Animal, Lion
Animal, Rabbit
Animal, Rat, Dire
Animal, Wolf
Animal, Wolf, Dire
Dragon, Wyvern
Fey, Brownie
Fey, Jermlaine
Fey, Pixie
Fey, Redcap
Giant, Cloud
Giant, Ettin
Giant, Fire
Giant, Forest
Giant, Frost
Giant, Hill (f/m)
Giant, Ogre (norm, barbarian, warrior)
Giant, Stone
Giant, Storm
Golem, Flesh
Humanoid, Drow (various)
Humanoid, Goblin
Humanoid, Goblin, Worgrider
Humanoid, Hobgoblin
Humanoid, Human, Bandit
Humanoid, Human, Pirate
Humanoid, Kobold
Humanoid, Kuotoa
Humanoid, Lizardfolk
Humanoid, Orc (normal/barbarian/fighter)
Humanoid, Quaggoth
Humanoid, Troglodyte
Lycanthrope, Wererat
Lycanthrope, Wererat (Dan's version, redundant, test against above)
Lycanthrope, Werewolf
Magical Beast, Basilisk
Magical Beast, Gargoyle
Magical Beast, Worg
Monstrous Humanoid, Hag, Annis
Monstrous Humanoid, Hag, Green
Monstrous Humanoid, Hag, Sea
Ooze, Gelatinous Cube (conflict above, compare)
Outsider, Abishai (black/blue/green/red/white)
Outsider, Baneguard
Outsider, Barghest (normal/greater)
Outsider, Bebilith
Outsider, Demon, Babau
Outsider, Demon, Hezrou
Outsider, Devil, Hamatula
Outsider, Hellhound
Outsider, Imp
Outsider, Nessian Warhound
Outsider, Shadow Mastiff
Outsider, Tanarri, Tanarukk
Undead, Bodak
Undead, Cursed Fighter
Undead, Dread Warrior
Undead, Ghast
Undead, Ghoul
Undead, Lich
Undead, Shadow
Undead, Skeleton
Undead, Vampire (various)
Undead, Vampire Spawn
Undead, Wight
Undead, Wraith
Undead, Zombie
Vermin, Bettle, Bombardier
Vermin, Bettle, Small
Vermin, Spider, Large
Vermin, Spider, Medium
Vermin, Spider, Small

Complete Creatures
Last edited by FoamBats4All on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Additionally, Castano or I will be running something this Saturday to teach people how to use the toolset to create creatures. Please let us know if you can attend. Likely to be done on Skype/Justin.TV.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

I don't know if we use the morale scripting anymore, if we do not, then you can take those off.

The wererat was just a change in model, so should be good.

Other creatures will need to be tested to make sure I accurately portrayed their abilities, but all of the stats, feats, skills levels ect. should be good unless otherwise noted. Some of the special attacks were hard for me to do as I have no scripting abilities.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Would someone be able to record it in the event people cannot make it? I'd be interested, but I have work on Sunday (which is when most of the US Saturday occurs)
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Is there a general list of critters that need work I can start working on, or do you want us to just open up base mod in the toolset and start with anything? I'd like to try and work on them by categories say creature type or CR, i.e. I'd like to start on humanoids (probably easiest and most used), or giants (probably the most fubared mobs encountered currently) or I'll start on CR 4 -5, etc.

It would help us avoid redundancy without having to list every creature separately.

(for what it's worth i'd love to see morale scripts...)

Also saturday afternoon might be iffy for me; evening/night or morning should work.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

Should the contents of "known good" collections from either the campaign folder, or any server "proud" of its content maybe be provided to reduce chance of redundancy?

Example, BG seems to have decent fiends simply not found in TSM. Often with funny scripts that cause interesting combat effects (babau acid if smack in melee, barbed devil, similar effect) though even some of these need work (palrethee could use fire shield sorta like babau, and it seems to have +2ish DR rather than DR good, which surprised my party in a good way in a Mick thing).

Just saying, there must be a "good" list, or "needs work" or "missing entirely." Needs work category could get too aggressive too, like I'd like to delete all kinds of multi HD skeleton and zombies, the higher CR ones based on humans and demihumans.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

I am happy to import any creatures that work better on other servers than they do on TSM and adjust spawns if needs be. You give me the list (and preferably the creatures in ERF format), I will get them implemented, even if I have to bug Curm daily to do it.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

A significant part of the goal for this is finishing standardization of common creatures across ALFA (which Riot and Ronan were working on before RL took them away). There was a good deal of consensus (the HDM of MS included) during the discussion that BG creatures in general would serve well as the base.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

The old ALFA morale scripts and variables should be removed, nuked, shredded, then nuked and deleted again.

Until we have a better creature AI, I recommend using the "X2" and "X4" variables on creature blueprints to set behavior- see Sandermann's Creature tutorial for a great discussion on building NPCs. "X" variables in this post of the tutorial thread.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Swift wrote:Would someone be able to record it in the event people cannot make it? I'd be interested, but I have work on Sunday (which is when most of the US Saturday occurs)
I'll try to livestream it, and make the VODs available after.
Ithildur wrote:Is there a general list of critters that need work I can start working on, or do you want us to just open up base mod in the toolset and start with anything? I'd like to try and work on them by categories say creature type or CR, i.e. I'd like to start on humanoids (probably easiest and most used), or giants (probably the most fubared mobs encountered currently) or I'll start on CR 4 -5, etc.

It would help us avoid redundancy without having to list every creature separately.

(for what it's worth i'd love to see morale scripts...)

Also saturday afternoon might be iffy for me; evening/night or morning should work.
Saturday night would be fine by me, GMT -8.

You only need the base module if you need unique appearances from our haks. I'll handle the final integration (scripts, abilities, etc) for each mob, so you don't need to worry about linking our AI scripts or doing any variable customization.

As for lists, just look at the SRD Monster Filter for a desired type. Once you have a handful of mobs you want to make, post the list here so that no one else tries to take them. I'll be looking at other projects to make sure we don't have redundancy, once I can find them.
Brokenbone wrote:Should the contents of "known good" collections from either the campaign folder, or any server "proud" of its content maybe be provided to reduce chance of redundancy?

Example, BG seems to have decent fiends simply not found in TSM. Often with funny scripts that cause interesting combat effects (babau acid if smack in melee, barbed devil, similar effect) though even some of these need work (palrethee could use fire shield sorta like babau, and it seems to have +2ish DR rather than DR good, which surprised my party in a good way in a Mick thing).

Just saying, there must be a "good" list, or "needs work" or "missing entirely." Needs work category could get too aggressive too, like I'd like to delete all kinds of multi HD skeleton and zombies, the higher CR ones based on humans and demihumans.
We'll definitely look at the campaign folder and try to steal from other servers when the HDMs are willing. Ideally this will replace the buggy campaign folder project. If some HDMs would be willing to FTP up their monsters to the builder share list, into the creatures folder, I'd be massively appreciative.
Swift wrote:I am happy to import any creatures that work better on other servers than they do on TSM and adjust spawns if needs be. You give me the list (and preferably the creatures in ERF format), I will get them implemented, even if I have to bug Curm daily to do it.
This should swap out the campaign folder once we're done here.
Ithildur wrote:A significant part of the goal for this is finishing standardization of common creatures across ALFA (which Riot and Ronan were working on before RL took them away). There was a good deal of consensus (the HDM of MS included) during the discussion that BG creatures in general would serve well as the base.
Sounds good to me, just need those basics. I am -very- hesitant to just blanket use BG/Campaign Folder mobs as-is, though, as it has become somewhat of a joke on BG and MS.
Curmudgeon wrote:The old ALFA morale scripts and variables should be removed, nuked, shredded, then nuked and deleted again.

Until we have a better creature AI, I recommend using the "X2" and "X4" variables on creature blueprints to set behavior- see Sandermann's Creature tutorial for a great discussion on building NPCs. "X" variables in this post of the tutorial thread.
Will do!
Heero
Beholder

Post by Heero »

If anyone wishes to make a gauth script, Id be much obliged.
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Heero wrote:If anyone wishes to make a gauth script, Id be much obliged.
You script for a living, do it yourself!
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

Dan, if you want me to set WHL up with the campaign folder, let me know. I'd just need remote access to the server, after which a single command would sync any campaign changes. Importing generic blueprints is extremely sub-optimal.

Most things in the campaign folder are "known good", or at least "more good" than the creatures on BG, which in my experience are "more good" than most other servers. With my free time and Riot both gone, I would love for someone to pick up the campaign folder project again. It isn't rocket science; anyone who can toolset items, creatures etc. can do it.
Last edited by Ronan on Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Ronan wrote:Dan, if you want me to set WHL up with the campaign folder, let me know. I'd just need remote access to the server, after which a single command would sync any campaign changes. Importing is extremely sub-optimal.

Most things in the campaign folder are "known good", or at least "more good" than the creatures on BG, which in my experience are "more good" than most other servers. With my free time and Riot both gone, I would love for someone to pick up the campaign folder project again. It isn't rocket science; anyone who can toolset items, creatures etc. can do it.
That's what this initiative is. Can you give me access to the ALandFarAway/ALFA-Campaign project?

Feedback from HDMs and players on BG is that the campaign folder is buggy. I'd like to see the campaign folder initiative fixed and improved. We have people here willing to toolset mobs, and I'm willing to do the scripting/ACR implementation. Do need access though.