Creatures!

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Re: Creatures!

Post by FoamBats4All »

Ithildur wrote:tl;dr
I requested that you take it to a new topic. I'd appreciate it if you did so. If you want to take a moral stance against helping out with the project, fine, whatever. But stop clogging this topic with this.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Will be going through TSM's creature profiles and doing nec. corrections for the campaign folder.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

danielmn wrote:Will be going through TSM's creature profiles and doing nec. corrections for the campaign folder.
Note that I've updated a pantload of them recently.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

Dan's creature notes:

Currently, Driderskin has SR 16. Canon states 17. Game engine provides for 16,18, no 17. Replaced with Racial ability SR, Drow. Should fix.

Currently, Drider bite is set at correct DC, however does 1d2 str damage. Canon states 1d6 primary str damage, 1d6 secondary. Replaced with Drider bite more consistant with MM. Fixed

Note also that they cast as a 6 level caster, which meant tacking on six levels of the caster class to the six of abboration. This only effects bab in a negative way, as all hp's feats, skills, saves ect. are maintainable. Will have one of each sorc, wizard and druid, M and F. Might be we can negate the bab gained from the 6 levels of dr, sorc and wiz through equiping them with -bab weaponry. Advize. The clerics need proper Domains (evil, chaos, destruction and/or trickery)

Mimic: Needs scripting attached to slam ability for Special attack : Adhesive

Will O Whisp - attack likely needs to be turned into touch attack, if I am reading the mm entry correctly.
Last edited by danielmn on Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

danielmn wrote:Dan's creature notes:

Currently, Driderskin has SR 16. Canon states 17. Game engine provides for 16,18, no 17.

Currently, Drider bite is set at correct DC, however does 1d2 str damage. Canon states 1d6 primary str damage, 1d6 secondary.

Note also that they cast as a 6 level caster, which meant tacking on six levels of the caster class to the six of abboration. This only effects bab in a negative way, as all hp's feats, skills, saves ect. are maintainable. Will have one of each sorc, wizard and druid, M and F. Might be we can negate the bab gained from the 6 levels of dr, sorc and wiz through equiping them with -bab weaponry. Advize.
You may be able to tweak the SR by giving them the Drow racial SR feat (SR = 11 + Level).

To adjust the casting DCs, try using Special Abilities - you can adjust the Caster Level in the SA GUI, and if you set creature variables properly, they'll use SAs as readily as spellcasting.

To get the bite right, you want to create a custom bite weapon - we have these for many creatures, Classification should be ALFA_Creature_Items, tag/resref is abr_it_cre_ + the usual. Put the new item in the appropriate slot in the creature's Inventory. Make sure the creature gets Weapon Proficiency (Creature) so that it can actually use the bite.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common