Placeable Object Orientation

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Swift
Mook

Placeable Object Orientation

Post by Swift »

According to the guide GrandFromage wrote some years back (located here the Orientation field of object properties was usable, which allowed us to tilt objects to whichever angle we needed (eg, tilt a cart object over onto its side, lay a ladder along the ground and so on).

At some point since that guide was written, the Orientation field in the toolset has become locked and unchangeable. Not being much of a toolset user until recently, I did not notice when this change took place.

Was this something done by Obsidian? If not, is there a way for us to re-enable access to the field?
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Re: Placeable Object Orientation

Post by FoamBats4All »

Looking through .git files for areas, which holds other data such as rotation, position, etc of objects. I can find no data for a tilt.

If someone has some insight on this, it may be possible to make a toolset plugin that can let builders edit tilt.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

It must be possible. I was exploring recently and saw a few items in a store somewhere in Alfa that had been tilted over. Maybe in the model viewer itself? I'll have to poke around.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

AFAIK, such rotation is not possible without a 3D modelling program. The ALFA haks include a selection of items (mostly weapons) that have been rendered as placeables in a variety of positions: vertical, horizontal, leaning over (2 versions - pointy end up or down), etc. The models are hidden in the Appearances, so blueprints must be made or modified to show them.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common