A great area--but upside down

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Dorn
Haste Bear

A great area--but upside down

Post by Dorn »

So i built an area. And then extended it to build the next area and maintain continuity of topography, and then again.

UNfortunantly, i built it upside down. North is actually south as per the game and upside down on the minimap.

Anyone have a clue about how to change the direction AND how it appears in the minimap?
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Re: A great area--but upside down

Post by t-ice »

It's funny 'cause you're Australian :twisted: :D
And I don't know for sure, but you might try TerraCoppa.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Terra Coppa.

Make copies of the original area though, and keep backups.

AFAIK, Terra Coppa does not handle placeables, so you have to Group select everything in the original area, height-lock them all, and then copy-paste down as a Group, then rotate. With lots of placeables, this can be extremely memory and CPU-intensive. If you crash the toolset trying this, work from a new mod folder with only your problem area in it. Quit toolset and restart clean. You may need to copy/paste your placeables in smaller bites.

[edit]Pro tip: Use the Show North button. [/edit]
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

The properties for an area has an option for "North Direction" under the heading "Appearance". Does that actually do anything? It would seem to be for changing what direction North is. Setting it to "0, -1" should flip north.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

The North properties will change the compass direction, but the minimap still appears in the same orientation.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

you are not helping t-ice. ;)

thanks Curm. {edit: found it}
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)