Spawnpoints & Encounter logic. Local variables & PC tags.

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Re: Spawnpoints & Encounter logic. Local variables & PC tags

Post by t-ice »

Well, not ATing players back and forth sounds like a smart thing to do. But then I need to change the logic so that it works off the TriggerOnClick. It looks like I can store the local variables on the trigger just as well as the area. Or I can use the area and reference the area from the trigger. Probably better to use the area since then I don't want to have many triggers on the world map with large amounts of locals (one for each PC to visit). The map is the heaviest load area anyway.

However, then I do not have a surefire way to determine if area is occupied, do I? Not sure if this is a problem... If two members of the same party enter the area, and the "not occupied, prepare encounter" script runs twice, it just means twice the work for the same result. Both will be allowed in, and party leader (ie scout) remains the same.

Btw, I can't find a script ACR_GetRealHoursSinceStart() in acr_time_i. I do have ACR_GetGameHoursSinceStart().
Last edited by t-ice on Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Re: Spawnpoints & Encounter logic. Local variables & PC tags

Post by t-ice »

And the first version is complete! Thanks zelk! Now to testing and encountering bugs...