Things Teric Wants

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Things Teric Wants

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Here's a grab-bag of current questions and requirements if anyone can help...

- Anyone got a believable blueprint for a stirge?

- Are there troll regeneration scripts that I should be using instead of the standard?

- What weapon should an ogre use? All I can find is something that looks like a conductor's baton.

- I have found the following dragonbreath scripts that update the OC versions for types of dragon not included in the OC; http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=375 Would they need to go in a hak or would importing them into my mod override the originals?

Thanks,
Teric

P.S. A long time ago the Builder's Share folder was mooted and not really used, are any other build teams interested in pooling resources to save duplicating effort? Making creature/item blueprints is my least favourite part of building and I would be pleased if I could just steal your hard work to save time :)
I can kick off with some special effects, priestly vestments and so on. Failing that could we have a thread for "Blueprints wanted"?
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Re: Things Teric Wants

Post by CloudDancing »

Teric neDhalir wrote:Here's a grab-bag of current questions and requirements if anyone can help...

- Are there troll regeneration scripts that I should be using instead of the standard?

- What weapon should an ogre use? All I can find is something that looks like a conductor's baton.

Thanks,
Teric
* BG has a Stirge in the 010_huntable animals

* Alfa_NPCS_Giants has four kinds of Trolls with the right scripts

* Ogres use a club. There is a few options for club in the models. One looks like a board with a nail and there is also a big scary grisly looking runed bone too.

(I'd ask Castano for all of the new Alfa items and NPCs in erf format and use it to overwrite WHL's chooser with the newest models, including Dan's work on the new creatures. And all of Paazins reprogrammed AI creatures as well.)
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Teric neDhalir wrote:Here's a grab-bag of current questions and requirements if anyone can help...

I'll send you these.
Look in Creature Weapons for the giant club. Use appearance variations on standard weapons. 2-handed axes work well too.
- I have found the following dragonbreath scripts that update the OC versions for types of dragon not included in the OC; http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=375 Would they need to go in a hak or would importing them into my mod override the originals?

Thanks,
Teric
You should be able to add those serverside, though I'd vote to have them included in the next haks update if they're up to spec. Check out this thread for some other interesting developments in dragon AI and weapons.
P.S. A long time ago the Builder's Share folder was mooted and not really used, are any other build teams interested in pooling resources to save duplicating effort? Making creature/item blueprints is my least favourite part of building and I would be pleased if I could just steal your hard work to save time :)
I can kick off with some special effects, priestly vestments and so on. Failing that could we have a thread for "Blueprints wanted"?
Tech is working on common libraries for creatures and other objects that would update automatically and be shared by all ALFA mods.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Thanks for the replies...

I'm already using the giant club for the ogre, my query really is that it looks pathetically small and I was wondering if there was anything that looked a bit more dangerous.

If using those dragon scripts will work without a hak I'll have a play and see how it goes.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Uploaded 121011_stirge_troll_ogres.erf to the WHL Builder FTP.

Includes OnDamaged script for trolls in use on TSM. You may want to remove other scripts from the erf before import.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common