Tutorials

For toolset tutorials as well as question and answers.
Aelred
Builder

Tutorials

Post by Aelred »

There are many tutorials out there for those studious types.
I recommend the "Don't Panic" guide most of all. Especially to help you get over any fear of the toolset. After reading the basics in that guide I got my first practice by buildings the village in GrandFrommage's onsite tutorial. He shares alot of great tips. I've since used both the Don't Panic guide and The Complete Builders Guide constantly as references.

TIP: Many tutorials look overwhelming at first glance. You don't have to read them from start to finish. Just take a single chapter/topic and focus on that.

DON'T PANIC: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the NWN2 Toolset

The Complete Builders Guide For The Neverwinter Nights 2 Toolset BY NWNmaster

*Indio's Guide to Building With YATT

Here is the full list of tutorials from the Vault:
Vault NWN2 Toolset Tutorials

Please post any specific tutorials you've tried out and would like to recommend. I will add them to the top of this thread for easy reference.

*Added by Wynna Dec 3, 2007
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

NWN2 Scripting Tutorial

I don't know why I haven't seen this before, but it looks like a good basic course.

Also this: NWN2 Editing

-Curmudgeon
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Tutorials

Post by Brokenbone »

Link for GF's Toolset Guide no longer valid (probably a migration problem from old homepage?)
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Post by Rotku »

< Signature Free Zone >
Brokenbone

Post by Brokenbone »

Thanks. Looks like all the pictures were lost though (i.e., the tutorial was illustrated, and isn't anymore).

DMA Staff
zicada
Infrastructure Prawn

Post by zicada »

Brokenbone wrote:Thanks. Looks like all the pictures were lost though (i.e., the tutorial was illustrated, and isn't anymore).
Yup,

I asked GF about that. They were gone on the old site too actually. He didn't have them anywhere, so.
OP is from 2005..

Anyway

I'm putting up a really nice set of videos for terrain building on youtube. Ill set them up as a playlist which totals about an hour of video, with commentary.

Ill post once they're done. Stupid processing thing on youtube takes forever.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -- Richard Dawkins
Brokenbone

Post by Brokenbone »

Thanks. I've just purchased the game, have pretty much no time to play it or fool around with it (on the wife's computer no less), but I'm interested in learning what makes it and the toolset tick.

DMA Staff
zicada
Infrastructure Prawn

Post by zicada »

Brokenbone wrote:Thanks. I've just purchased the game, have pretty much no time to play it or fool around with it (on the wife's computer no less), but I'm interested in learning what makes it and the toolset tick.
Takes a LOONG time this. Guess it'll be done in a couple hours or so.
"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." -- Richard Dawkins
zicada
Infrastructure Prawn

Post by zicada »

Here we go.

Since this is a playlist it won't embed with the youtube tag here. Just check the URL.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-NskwAt ... 7A&index=0