Missing animation

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Missing animation

Post by Twin Axes »

Not really custom content I guess, but I'm not sure where to put this. My Cloak of Elemental Resistance is invisible. Is there a simple fix for this? If not, never mind, my PC will just look like he's wearing a hood attached to nothing.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
boombrakh
Githyanki

Re: Missing animation

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

It's pretty common for clothing appearances to be weird or missing on dwarves and orcs.

That cloak probably looks fabulous on an elf maiden-- but this is part of why tailors are free on BG.
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

Thanks guys. I actually didn't buy it, I got it as loot somewhere.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

So I tried the tailor, and yeah, the anti dwarf discrimination is still enforced. No cloak for me. But I'm wondering, does it have anything to do with the PC model's frame? I always make my dwarves as broad as possible. Does this 'cover up' the vfx? Like when I turn on the dwarven waraxe vfx it sticks out of my PC's neck, as though it's too far in (or his back is too far out). Would a slimmer frame solve this? And is there a way to adjust this retroactively with a PC?
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

We wouldn't expect scale to cause this sort of problem; cloaks can scale the same way that their wearers do, while VFX aren't so good at that.

If tailoring can't get it to go, the cloak might be explicitly set to never show its cloak appearance (which is great if it's not supposed to look like a cloak IC; confusing everywhere else), in which case all that can be done is replacing it.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Cloaks of endure elements that are invisible (not just on dwarves) have been a thing for years; iirc there is no real easy fix for this without replacing the particular item with a different item that does the same thing, but is visible. Probably would be a thing to do at some point (and get rid of the caster lvl 2 as well unless it's needed for some obscure reason), and not too difficult or time consuming to tool up *ducks* for anyone that's interested.

In fact maybe I'll take a look at toolsetting a few similar themed items (whether they actually become available to PCs is an entirely separate issue...). Any requests for specific appearances for those who aren't lucky enough to have access to BG's tailor?
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt