dwarf vfx

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

dwarf vfx

Post by Twin Axes »

This has probably been rehashed years ago, but since I wasn't there, I'm going for it anyway. Is it possible to fix the various DMFI vfx that don't seem to work properly for dwarves? The shield vfx doesn't seem to work for me at all. The weapons carried on the back wind up mostly inside the pc's torso, the top part jutting out the back of the neck. I guess this is because the dwarf animations are so wide that the vfx prop gets placed inside of them instead of outside.

For battle axe and dwarven war axe, is it possible to make a vfx that has it hanging from a belt, like the swords?

Thanks for your time.

TA
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: dwarf vfx

Post by Zelknolf »

Possible, yes.

Easy? Not so much.

Need to get someone with the time, motivation, and particular set of priorities to make it happen. At a minimum, this will mean making new VFXes that work with dwarves' quirky proportions.
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Re: dwarf vfx

Post by Twin Axes »

Well, that's just too bad then. I was hoping it would be just an issue of changing some variable regarding how far apart the pixels were or something. Thanks anyway.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana