NWN2 Facelift Pack

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Should we add the NWN2 Facelift Pack?

Yes.
49%
No.
5%
Only some of them.
No votes
Yes, but as new, optional/alternative heads.
44%
Other.
3%

Total votes: 39

FoamBats4All
Githyanki

NWN2 Facelift Pack

Post by FoamBats4All »

Okay, so would like to see some other opinions on these. Some of these heads I really hate, but some are improvements. Would like to see what others think.
Ithildur wrote:I /think/ this was slotted to go in at some point, but just in case it was forgotten:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... tail&id=61

Ok, the girls look a bit intense, but the dudes look like dudes

Anything's an improvement over most current elf and drow heads (again, males slightly better than females aside from the Elanee head... which means this might be unacceptable in ALFA :mrgreen: )

Swift
Mook

Re: NWN2 Facelift Pack

Post by Swift »

The elf heads for sure we should take as the ones we have are just hideous. Some of the human ones are not too bad.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

This :cloud9:

with

this:

I'd also like to see ALL hair models unlocked for every race AND gender that is possible. We can trust people not to be overly silly with the hair and i'd like to see males have more interesting choices for hair styles than boring old ponytails and mullets.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Not sure I understand the options fully but voted #4; I kind of assumed they'd be optional not replacements (some people still like many of the default heads after all), and I also assumed not every single one of these might make the cut.

In all seriousness the male ones imo are overall far better than the female ones, but a few of the female heads aren't bad (especially if the new Elanee heads could be made available) ... and let's face it, all but 3 or 4 of the default original female elf heads probably should be banned from ever making an appearance ingame. *nightmares* :oops:

New Elanee:
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

voted yes. female heads 3rd row, 3rd from the left will be every lesbian cybor encounter from now on I imagine
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Cloud_Dancing wrote:I'd also like to see ALL hair models unlocked for every race AND gender that is possible. We can trust people not to be overly silly with the hair and i'd like to see males have more interesting choices for hair styles than boring old ponytails and mullets.
+1
12.August.2015: Never forget.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

I play on another PW that uses this head pack. I think it disables all of the old heads. so i think it is a replacement pack. I don't think you can use all hair models with it either.
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Post by t-ice »

The females are outright silly in carrying hollywood-gala makeup, eyebrows and all that. Certainly should not be the only choises females get. Who forgot that the game is supposed to be medieval-fantasy and the characters mostly go about groveling in mud and gore?
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

What T said. NWN2 faces sponsored by Max Factor. So much make-up it should probably also provide a point of Fire resistance.
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Post by t-ice »

I-KP wrote:What T said. NWN2 faces sponsored by Max Factor. So much make-up it should probably also provide a point of Fire resistance.
Frippet heads!

If this is a replacement pack at face value (see what I did there!), isn't it relatively simple to instead make them use new reference lines and make them additional? Someone from tech correct if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression those are just file names and 2da lines.
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

t-ice wrote:
I-KP wrote:What T said. NWN2 faces sponsored by Max Factor. So much make-up it should probably also provide a point of Fire resistance.
Frippet heads!
Well exactly!
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Can we get Britney Spears, Kim K, and Justin B and T, and maybe Ed the Horse head look alikes please.

.......for the cybor. Of course.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I demand Jolene Blalock with pointy ears

Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Ithildur wrote:I demand Jolene Blalock with pointy ears

Only you would be attracted to her ears.
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

oldgrayrogue wrote:
Ithildur wrote:I demand Jolene Blalock with pointy ears
Only you would be attracted to her ears.
Er, yes. The ears are cute. The rest is just damn sexy.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg