Dungeon Master Wishlists

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Dungeon Master Wishlists

Post by FoamBats4All »

What new tools would DMs like to see added to ALFA?

What changes can we make to our tools to make the current tools more useful?

What can we do to make the DM client or tools more friendly to new DMs?

What are some of the current headaches of interacting with the DM Client?

What documentation or video tutorials can we put together to help new DMs?

- - -

As a reminder, if you experience a client crash while using the Client Extension, please PM me your nwn2_errorlog.txt file. You can find this file in your NWN2 installation directory.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Re: Dungeon Master Wishlists

Post by FoamBats4All »

Requested by DM Xanthea:
  • The ability to spawn monsters via zspawn that are non-hostile.
  • Show what speaker 'anchors' we have and their status.
  • Fix "Set Whole Area Hostile".
These have been changed for v1.90 of the ACR (note that the immediate next version will be 1.89, so it could be a while before any of these are made live).

When using zspawn items you will have the option of spawning from the following:
  • Spawn One (Hostile)
  • Spawn 2d4 (Hostile)
  • Spawn One (Non-Hostile)
  • Spawn 2d4 (Non-Hostile)
By using the #alist text command, you will get a list of all your anchors, their IDs, their names/tags, current area (and its tag), and current/max hit points.

The context menu option to "Set Area Hostile" will no longer set -everyone- hostile. Those in the same party as the PC, such as animal companions and familiars, will no longer turn on their masters. Additionally, mobs will no longer metagame to attack players from hundreds of yards away.
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

anything that allows statics to be easily built and integrated into the ACR/ABR/ALFA systems
On playing together: http://www.giantitp.com/articles/tll307 ... 6efFP.html
Useful resource: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

On bad governance: "I intend to bring democracy to this nation, and if anybody stands in my way I will crush him and his family."
You're All a Bunch of Damn Hippies
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Fix the "Remove ward effects" option on the Omega Wand. Please? Relabel it "Remove all Spell Effects" to make it more likely to be used on other servers as well as TSM if you like.

DM stealth log in, please?
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

It would be very useful to combine more DM tools into a single UI - screen real estate for DMs is a precious commodity.
- Curmudgeon
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

maxcell
Githyanki

Post by maxcell »

Curmudgeon wrote:
DM stealth log in, please?

As an option in DM client, if possible.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Curmudgeon wrote:Fix the "Remove ward effects" option on the Omega Wand. Please? Relabel it "Remove all Spell Effects" to make it more likely to be used on other servers as well as TSM if you like.
Added for v.190 of the ACR.
Curmudgeon wrote:DM stealth log in, please?
maxcell wrote:As an option in DM client, if possible.
Grumble.

Could add that as an optional, post-login feature. You'd pop up briefly, but could type something like #togglehide in chat and hide yourself. Or...
Curmudgeon wrote:It would be very useful to combine more DM tools into a single UI - screen real estate for DMs is a precious commodity.
Fully agreed there, and we could use more tooltips on the tools we have. I'll look into it, as I don't have a whole bunch of UI experience with NWN2. If someone else does, would be great if they stepped forward to work on something like this.
Castano wrote:anything that allows statics to be easily built and integrated into the ACR/ABR/ALFA systems
I'll make a video tutorial on this and on installing and using the Client Extension for players and DMs.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

FoamBats4All wrote:I'll make a video tutorial ... on installing and using the Client Extension for players and DMs.
:wtg:

Ya beat me to it. :wink:
- Curmudgeon

Regas
ALFA Representative

Post by Regas »

Can we fix either of these bugs: crash bug when clicking on objects while possessing npc. Having to leave an area to re-set omega wand after possessing an npc.
Game spy ID: Regas Seive
GMT -5(EST)
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Regas wrote:Can we fix either of these bugs: crash bug when clicking on objects while possessing npc.
I already fixed this, as noted in the Client Extension 1.0.0.22 change log. You must be using the CE for the bug to be fixed.
Regas wrote:Having to leave an area to re-set omega wand after possessing an npc.
Will look into this.
Regas
ALFA Representative

Post by Regas »

Sweet! That's a huge fix Foam.

A tool to take away xp?

or have you done that too already?
Game spy ID: Regas Seive
GMT -5(EST)
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

FoamBats4All wrote:
Castano wrote:anything that allows statics to be easily built and integrated into the ACR/ABR/ALFA systems
I'll make a video tutorial on this and on installing and using the Client Extension for players and DMs.
I suppose a customized Legends/TKL Quests system that ties nicely into our systems would be a step too far? (completely apart from likely having to get permission). They look as user friendly and streamlined as we could possibly get.

While I suppose it is not strictly a DM tool, it would be a huge boon that would ease the strain of non-dm content creation.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Swift wrote:
FoamBats4All wrote:
I suppose a customized Legends/TKL Quests system that ties nicely into our systems would be a step too far? (completely apart from likely having to get permission). They look as user friendly and streamlined as we could possibly get.

While I suppose it is not strictly a DM tool, it would be a huge boon that would ease the strain of non-dm content creation.
As far as I can tell the author of the Legends plugins does not offer source code to his plugins, so I cannot modify them for ACR use.

I have been meaning to peek at making toolset plugins/crash fixes but have no immediate plans to create something akin to the Legends Quest Plugin for ACR. Honestly I think educating people on the current tools and how to write quest would be a more immediate solution, so I'll do that.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Curmudgeon wrote:It would be very useful to combine more DM tools into a single UI - screen real estate for DMs is a precious commodity.
This. Client is way too confusing with too many drop downs, many of which do the same or similar things and often block out other parts of the UI -- And I play on a 32 inch screen!
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

:o Speech tool pisses me off to no end.
You want to switch between chatting with your NPC and sending a tell to a player, you can't get it to click in the normal text field unless you close the bar entirely. It also has a limit on how much you can write before you suddenly wrap around text.

:idea: The transformation palette needs to be updated with all the models.

:idea: And a long time ago Zelk added a new VFX pack and while the models got in (as in the VFX things to place) the actual animations and visuals did not work. I'd love to see that finally fixed. The VFXs available are amazing.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... etail&id=9