Dungeon Master Wishlists

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: Dungeon Master Wishlists

Post by Brokenbone »

Speech tool if you mean the DMFI little "small gold button thing that looks like a caption in a comic strip" is a bad idea to use anymore.

Recommended is right click whoever your intended speaker is going to be, then "anchor" them as a number between 0 and 9 (like right click some "City Watch" so his portrait is up, and call him "#1."

Then as DM you type into your regular bar or the CE speech bar, "#1 Hello I am a guard" and the guy anchored to #1 says that stuff, except skipping the "#1" at the start.

This evades the super short / wraparound limit. It also lets you hear what #1 City Watch hears in the server messages window, so you could credibly carry on a cross map conversation (though someone could also be getting naked or drawing weapons on your NPC and you'd have no idea).

So yeah, that's the #alist thing Foam mentions building on top of I guess. Already can mark and re-mark NPCs to be like a back and forth of say #1 NPC and #2 NPC rapidly arguing with each other by saying as a DM "#1 You stole my pie" "#2 Not until you stole my wife", "#1 Why I oughta....!!!!"
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Brokenbone wrote:So yeah, that's the #alist thing Foam mentions building on top of I guess. Already can mark and re-mark NPCs to be like a back and forth of say #1 NPC and #2 NPC rapidly arguing with each other by saying as a DM "#1 You stole my pie" "#2 Not until you stole my wife", "#1 Why I oughta....!!!!"
It was requested that we could do something that would let us know what NPCs we currently have anchored.

Typing "#alist" will now spit out something like:
#0 - Trapper ( trappers_tag ) - Trapper's Inn (trapper_area_tag) - 40/60 HP
#1 - Caladyrr Guard ( caladyrr_guard ) - Trapper's Inn ( trapper_area_tag ) - 1/12 HP
#2 - A Thief ( somethief_tag ) - Trapper's Inn ( trapper_area_tag ) - 15/66 HP
#3 - Innocent Bystander ( someguy ) - Another Bar ( second_rate_tavern ) - 4/4 HP
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Cloud_Dancing wrote::o Speech tool pisses me off to no end.
You want to switch between chatting with your NPC and sending a tell to a player, you can't get it to click in the normal text field unless you close the bar entirely. It also has a limit on how much you can write before you suddenly wrap around text.
I'd suggest using the anchor system Brokenbone mentioned.
Cloud_Dancing wrote: :idea: The transformation palette needs to be updated with all the models.
Will take a look!
Cloud_Dancing wrote: :idea: And a long time ago Zelk added a new VFX pack and while the models got in (as in the VFX things to place) the actual animations and visuals did not work. I'd love to see that finally fixed. The VFXs available are amazing.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... etail&id=9
If parts of it are already in I'll go ahead and work on the animations. Unless Zelk ran into issues or had reasons for not implementing them that anyone knows?
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

Someone should write a step by step guide for anchoring.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Cloud_Dancing wrote:Someone should write a step by step guide for anchoring.
  • Right-click your target to anchor so that a circle appears under their feet and their portrait shows as targetted.
  • Type # followed by their anchor ID (0-9) and hit enter. For example, to anchor an NPC to ID 1, you type "#1" (without quotes).
  • You can then leave the area or move far away in the same area while listening through/talking through them.
  • To speak through an anchor, you type "#<id> <message". For example to speak through our previous anchor you made in step 2, you type "#1 Hey look ma no possession!"
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Not ALFA/ACR issues, but ones for the Client Extension Standalone DM Client (SADMC) - some of this might possibly be done by adding functions to a new or existing ACR DM Wand:

1) A way to Tech Rezz a PC using only the SADMC.

2) A way of spawning objects using only the SADMC, (plus a list of valid resrefs). Items & GP would be priority, Creatures would be nice.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
Darkmystic
Owlbear

Post by Darkmystic »

I would love to see more creature choices and more balanced creatures.

Kobolds that are actually useful and not broken.
Orcs of all kinds of levels.
More variety to undead. Like many sort of zombies.
Would love to see the item list and the monster list resorted cause right now its a mess sadly.
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

Darkmystic wrote:I would love to see more creature choices and more balanced creatures.

Kobolds that are actually useful and not broken.
More variety to undead. Like many sort of zombies.
Would love to see the item list and the monster list resorted cause right now its a mess sadly.
I believe this is the lowest-hanging-fruit, but sadly the effort stalled when Riot left. If anyone else wants to take up the Campaign Folder, please let me know!
Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

Buttons to let you roll ab (with current weapon bonuses/ab increasing feats) and grapple. Rolling 1d20 and adding mods manually gets old.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Buttons to let you roll grapple checks.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Xanthea wrote:Buttons to let you roll ab (with current weapon bonuses/ab increasing feats) and grapple. Rolling 1d20 and adding mods manually gets old.
Rumple C wrote:Buttons to let you roll grapple checks.
Right-o, can do that.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Darkmystic wrote: Kobolds that are actually useful and not broken.
Zspawn handles at least those two and a few others relativly well.
(lizardmen, gnolls, a few more. the undead are kinda lame but work as well)
Ronan wrote: If anyone else wants to take up the Campaign Folder, please let me know!
Hmm. I might. I'll catch you on chat.

Also: A tool that instantly slaps players in RL when they whine.

Good work folks. Thanks for the efforts.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Sidhe
Head Merchant of Amn

Post by Sidhe »

Not very important but....A way to easily check where everyone is? THe wand is kind of cumbersome and suffers from the NPC possession thing.

Exo had a button in PC tools for DM's that let them know where everyone was and spat it out like this:

A is in adventure area 1
B is in drinking inn
C is in feldpost

At one point (seeing exo took everything from ALFA) it may have been here aswell?

Just an ease of use thing really.
Ronan
Dungeon Master

Post by Ronan »

The CE has that functionality (/scry), but if even a single DM turns it on the server will lag very noticeably. If multiple DMs use it it basically brings the server down. Probably something easy to fix for a CE committer?
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Or just rip KEMO PC Scry and adapt it for our DM needs. Button opens up a GUI that shows player name, gsid, level, location, PvP status plus some other stuff we don't need.

Haven makes it usable by all players, so it would seem to have a negligible impact on server performance.

If the tools are already there, must be easier to adapt them than remaking the wheel.