Dungeon Master Wishlists

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Swift
Mook

Re: Dungeon Master Wishlists

Post by Swift »

The ability to clear voice throwing anchors without destroying and respawning NPCs.
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Swift wrote:The ability to clear voice throwing anchors without destroying and respawning NPCs.
We already have that. Just enter the anchor's #<number> with nothing selected. If the anchor is already empty, it'll tell you to select an object; if it's not, you'll get a message that it's being cleared. If a new thing is selected, it'll change the old anchor to the new thing.
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Zelknolf wrote:
Swift wrote:The ability to clear voice throwing anchors without destroying and respawning NPCs.
We already have that. Just enter the anchor's #<number> with nothing selected. If the anchor is already empty, it'll tell you to select an object; if it's not, you'll get a message that it's being cleared. If a new thing is selected, it'll change the old anchor to the new thing.
I will try again tomorrow when I am in, but tonight when I had nothing selected and entered an anchor number that was previously assigned to an NPC, it gave me an "Object not valid" message, rather than clearing the anchor.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Galadorn wrote:Cheers Foam, you're awesome. As well as the other ALFA Back scene workers, you all know who you are, thank you so much. ALFA is picking up again. I would mention names but do not want to miss anyone. And thank you DMs. And players. Aw hellz alaahve thank you everyone. Even Heero.
+1
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

Swift wrote:I will try again tomorrow when I am in, but tonight when I had nothing selected and entered an anchor number that was previously assigned to an NPC, it gave me an "Object not valid" message, rather than clearing the anchor.
Superbuggy if so. The full text of the message would help me track it and fix it if it's doing that.
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

The ability to choose hostile or non hostile for ZSpawn NPCs. It is incredibly useful for creating single use, throwaway NPCs without the need of having any added to the module itself, but it is unintuitive to have to spawn them in a safe zone, change their faction and then jump them where you need if you do not want to use them as enemies.
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Swift wrote:The ability to choose hostile or non hostile for ZSpawn NPCs. It is incredibly useful for creating single use, throwaway NPCs without the need of having any added to the module itself, but it is unintuitive to have to spawn them in a safe zone, change their faction and then jump them where you need if you do not want to use them as enemies.
Previously requested and implemented.
Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

Make the zspawn containers be labelled things like "Level 10 Orc Fighter" when you mouse over them, depending on their contents.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Hi -

First post here so apologies for any njubishness to it

I was hoping to make a "young" dragon.

Looking through the creator all the dragons seem to be CR 15+ , fitting the "old" or "ancient" type by the SRD.

I wanted to try to get some young adults ... something an appropriate challenge for mid-level play.

I was playing around with the creature tool trying to drop strength and HP, but it was still left with AC30+ and SR22.

Thoughts? Ideas?

thanks, dergon
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

You probably need to bust open the toolset to create such dragons. There's also breath weapons, fear auras, and spell loads that will be different; also the party will still get credit for the CR-super-high kill, and that'll end up on the logs as "somebody talk to Dergon; clearly there's something wrong here."

BG, I believe, has some toolsetted young adult dragons, but I think specifically the greens? (there's a number of greens in the Sharp Teeth, and DMs have made use of obnoxious cocksure younguns in the past) -- might be worth checking, as that could be an export/import instead of a new tooling, as long as your HDM is on board.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Zelknolf wrote:You probably need to bust open the toolset to create such dragons. There's also breath weapons, fear auras, and spell loads that will be different; also the party will still get credit for the CR-super-high kill, and that'll end up on the logs as "somebody talk to Dergon; clearly there's something wrong here."

BG, I believe, has some toolsetted young adult dragons, but I think specifically the greens? (there's a number of greens in the Sharp Teeth, and DMs have made use of obnoxious cocksure younguns in the past) -- might be worth checking, as that could be an export/import instead of a new tooling, as long as your HDM is on board.

Thanks - will check!
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

There's a shitty audio quality stream I did showing some people how to make creatures that's available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbv5e7Yr3Yo

But there are probably better tutorials on creature creation. Come prod us in #alfa-tech on IRC or Discord if you have questions.