New: Working Mage Teleportation Spell (non-dm'd)

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

New: Working Mage Teleportation Spell (non-dm'd)

Post by CloudDancing »

Pretty nifty. Pretty damn nifty.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=548

Name Teleportation Ultima Online Style
Author Artemis Absinth
Submitted / Updated 08-10-2011 / 08-22-2011
Category Spells
Patch 1.23
NWN2Game NWN2:SoZ
Description
***UPDATE AVAILABLE***

Remember the UO teleportation system with recall runes ? well, that's it, the same

Get an empty rune, cast Mark, and store the location. The rune will be renamed, and then, when you are 20 maps away, just a spell and *zap* you're there

There are 3 custom spell in the hak :
Mark Rune & Open Gate, under a subradial of Gate (along with Summon Fiend, the original one) and Teleport.

Teleport is a 6th level spell for Wiz/Sorc and Bards, and 7th for Clerics

Gate, as the original one, is a 9th level spell (Wiz/Sorc & Cleric).

This teleport system is designed for PWs, not for the OC, but it's useable anyway. You need to edit dialog.tlk and add names and description lines (and, of course, references in spells.2da).
Just be very careful, cause you risk to jump, for instance, from Act 3 to Act 2, or, maybe, it does't work at all... so, in story driven modules, use it at your own risk.

Originally it worked with a conversation, and locations were stored in a DB, but it was incredibly slow and complex, not to mention the fact you're not able to use it in combat (for a quick flee, for instance). So, I tried to figure out an easier way, and it just came to my mind when I used to play Ultima Online, the Kal Ort Por and Vas Rel Por spell with marked runes...

When a Gate is opened it will last 2 minutes. During this time, anyone can pass through, but, when used by the caster, it will close.
Teleport is personal, so, just the caster (with henchman, familiar, summoned creatures, animal companions, and all the rest of the Brancaleone's army) will be teleported.

Both the spells can be scribed in scroll.

Mark spell is 9th, so, bards can't use it, but, as UO's mark, someone else can mark the rune for you. The good thing is that locations are stored in items, not in PC's reserved entry in a DB, so PCs can sell them, give them to other, allowing low level caster to use just teleport, exactly as UO's recall runes.

I'm not a mapper, and I'm extremely lazy, so, testing the hak will require a module with, at least, 2 areas.
Just put the hak and the custom TLK in your module.
*EDIT*
Testing module included with hak&tlk already set

As usual,
.hak files goes in \My Documents\Neverwinter Nights\hak
.tlk files goes in \My Documents\Neverwinter Nights\tlk
.mod files goes in \My Documents\Neverwinter Nights\modules

Override version is a complete pack that goes in \My Documents\Neverwinter Nights\override. Put it in a dedicated folder, in order to keep your override clean, but it's not necessary.

The script split the location in position vector, area tag and facing, so it solve the problem of changing area id in stored location, but areas must have a valid (and unique) tag. We used this script in a PW for about one year and it worked fine.

Well, what else... enjoy

Disclaimer : I'm italian, and, again, I'm incredibly lazy. This hak was originally designed for an Italian PW, so, if you catch any typos.. feel free to fix it.

It's marked as SoZ required, but just because I worked with SoZ's 2da. there's no problem at all in using it with just Nwn2 Base or MotB, but you'll see new spells in list (maybe without icons too).

empty recall rune's code is "teleport_rune" (##giveitem teleport_rune)
Teleport scroll is "ma_it_sparscr_tel"
Gate is "ma_it_sparscr_gate"

Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Re: New: Working Mage Teleportation Spell (non-dm'd)

Post by Zelknolf »

Already known and noted in the appropriate thread.

http://www.alandfaraway.org/forums/view ... 2&start=45