Content listing

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

paazin
Fionn In Disguise

Content listing

Post by paazin »

To continue on the other thread on this forum, I'm hoping that we might compile a list of all these items that people requested.

Then we can prioritize, distribute out work, etc. so it's handled in a more manageable way, hopefully so that all would be required is that our tech admin could peer it over and give it an OK.
People talk of bestial cruelty, but that's a great injustice and insult to the beasts; a beast can never be so cruel as man, so artistically cruel.
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Re: Content listing

Post by hollyfant »

What exactly do you mean by "custom content"? Tooled up items for specific PCs? Or ALFA-wide HAKs and scripts?
paazin
Fionn In Disguise

Post by paazin »

Alfa-wide additions that would require changes to our haks, 2das and so forth (custom heads, armor, etc).

Items made with the toolset don't require any tech work, really.
People talk of bestial cruelty, but that's a great injustice and insult to the beasts; a beast can never be so cruel as man, so artistically cruel.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

A breakdown would be preferred I would think. A classification of

New Models - encompassing items, possibly facial features such as the elven above.
Builder - New tilesets and placeables
Creatures - New creature sets that need to be adapted to ALFA and tested IG to make sure they work properly.

Will post more as they come to mind....I'd prefer Creatures go in before anything else to give the dm's a bit more variety than they have, but that's just me.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

I have a long list but I see the following things would be great:

KEMO Animations as provided in the NWN2 vault. It is the vanillia version', so perfect for Alfa. The most important aspect to this is the Closeness toggle which removes collisions in social sitiuations and does NOT function in combat.
(please I am so used to this as a tool)

2.KEMO's Secondary Crafting System. I asked Kemo and Haven for a version of this personally. But I learned from her it needs discussion as it is tightly based off the secondary crafting system of Steve Jackson's GURPS system BUT uses all exisisting items/mats in NWN2.

(note KEMO has quit NWN2 entirely and has given Haven builderss permission to distill and loosely distribute her custom content)

3. For Clothes: Both Shirtless Saga hak paks. Males need more clothing options.

4. Really really want to see all our new monster models from three months ago scripted and up. And in an erf pack ready to upload.

5. I think a perfected XPcraft merchant OR OCC DM supervised area would be extremely nice. I know Paazin is trying some things out with this as a test.
hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

My own HAK suggestion - the missing Aleanna 4 clothes - I took a good look at before adding it to the list. There are no overlaps so nothing gets overwritten, and figuring out which files to add should be simple enough even for me. Its main problem is the "naughty bits".

If we're to assign any priorities, I would second Cloud's Shirtless Saga recommendation. It may be "men only" but it does cater to all races - something that's rare.
paazin
Fionn In Disguise

Post by paazin »

Cloud_Dancing wrote: 5. I think a perfected XPcraft merchant OR OCC DM supervised area would be extremely nice. I know Paazin is trying some things out with this as a test.
That's one of my hidden reasons for this exercise. ;) It works, now trying to see if it can all be adjusted with any other possible upcoming updates.