New creature Hak bug

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

New creature Hak bug

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Thank you (whoever's been involved) for adding the new creature models in the latest hak, there's lots in there I've been wanting to get my hands on.

The only glitch I can find so far is that the Naga model is invisible in the toolset. Bother.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Re: New creature Hak bug

Post by danielmn »

Teric, I have been doing many of the model blueprints myself.
The naga shows up fine for me in the toolset. I just need to find out how to designate ranged touch attacks and touch attacks...ranged for the guardian naga and touch for stirges.

Wererat, beholder, drider, purple worm, gelatenous cube, black pudding, grey ooze, and ocre jelly have all been turned in for double checking and inclusion into servers.

I have four naga species and the stirges waiting in the wings for the above.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Blindhamsterman
Haste Bear

Post by Blindhamsterman »

Wererat, beholder, drider, purple worm, gelatenous cube, black pudding, grey ooze, and ocre jelly have all been turned in for double checking and inclusion into servers.
we're all doomed....
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Teric neDhalir wrote:Thank you (whoever's been involved) for adding the new creature models in the latest hak, there's lots in there I've been wanting to get my hands on.

The only glitch I can find so far is that the Naga model is invisible in the toolset. Bother.
Try changing Never Show Armor to True. :)
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

good news. I picked up a monstrous manual 2 from a friend who doesn't need it anymore, so I'll be able to tool the mycanidds and spirit of the land.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

K, I did blueprints for the tyranosaur, tiger, grey render this evening.

We might need some hak updates as for as poison goes....the regular on hit ability only give the option of d2 poison damage but give the dc well. The On Hit Monster variable of weapons just gives a name like Hagsspawn poison...doesn't say what it does ect.

I also need to find out how to do a touch attack for the stirge, a ranged touch attack for one of the naga's, as well as the poison bit for them. Snakes will also need poison.

I might be able to do Myconids tomorrow, will have to look at them in more depth.

Mimic will likely need some scripting work before it can be a viable creature, do to it's special attacks.

I have no information for the folowing- worg rider, cinderspawn, doberman (possible to use just the dog reference in mm1?), mako shark, hammerhead shark, Quelzarn, Devil Paeliryon.

AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

Curmudgeon wrote:
Teric neDhalir wrote: ...the Naga model is invisible in the toolset. Bother.
Try changing Never Show Armor to True. :)
And here I was about to post that I'd seen that too and not known how to fix it. Go Team!

[edit: Cinderspawn is broken or without model I think, though one could try the above fix. Mimics we have some blueprints and scripts for, even an FX file, so that should be a simpler project than one might think.]
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

mimc done except for it's attack. fx applied...not sure where the scriptwork is for it.

Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Curmudgeon wrote:Try changing Never Show Armor to True. :)
A very quick experiment doesn't bear that out, I'm afraid. I suppose I could be copying an unsuitable blueprint and then changing its appearance?

@ Dan - If there is an import of blueprints going around that have been tested and approved then can I get a copy when they're finished? It saves me re-inventing the wheel (and getting it wrong).

Cheers!
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Post by Rotku »

Teric neDhalir wrote: It saves me re-inventing the wheel (and getting it wrong).
Here's a hint. Try a circle ;)
< Signature Free Zone >
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

I passed all of the ones I've made to Curm. I guess testing is next...holly's turf, iirc.

hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Post by hollyfant »

danielmn wrote:I guess testing is next...holly's turf, iirc.
Sort of, yes. I'm not the official head tester any more, but there's no replacement yet.

The problem is that these beasties have to be tested live, in a real server. The ones a DM can spawn right now are easily checked out; but any scripts would have to be in place already before proper testing can be done.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Teric neDhalir wrote:
Curmudgeon wrote:Try changing Never Show Armor to True. :)
A very quick experiment doesn't bear that out, I'm afraid. I suppose I could be copying an unsuitable blueprint and then changing its appearance?

@ Dan - If there is an import of blueprints going around that have been tested and approved then can I get a copy when they're finished? It saves me re-inventing the wheel (and getting it wrong).

Cheers!
I may also have gone into Properties: Armor Set and changed the base type to Naked.

Quite a bit of fine tuning and testing to go on these, but once they're ready they'll be available on the DMFTP.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
Teric neDhalir
Githyanki

Post by Teric neDhalir »

Curmudgeon wrote:I may also have gone into Properties: Armor Set and changed the base type to Naked.

:idea: Well, that's a new one. Yes, you want base type naked, but Never Show Armour to False.

Quite a bit of fine tuning and testing to go on these, but once they're ready they'll be available on the DMFTP.

If someone wants to get me the blueprints I can install them on WHL and help Hollyfant test as we are in the same kinda timezone?