Haks in Use

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

stormsong
Kobold Footpad

Haks in Use

Post by stormsong »

From another thread:
AcadiusLost wrote:I've been doing that thus far for NWN2-ALFA, there's not much to it if you're interested to learn, otherwise I'll just assemble the hak once you've selected the resources for it. I'm picky about documentation on the hak resources after the giant mess our NWN1 haks turned into, so some tedious copy/paste or typing up will be in order as well. If you're up to handle documenting which files from where are going in via text file as well, that will help speed up the process and relieve some of the busy-work burden from me during the next hak update.

An example of the .txt files I use for hak content documentation can be viewed here:
http://alfa-bmf.svn.sourceforge.net/vie ... iew=markup

Those text files get prefixed with an underscore, suffixed with the version number and packed into the hak itself, so they list up top when looking inside the hak contents, giving an internal documentation to the other packaged files.
I'm going through the files you mention above, looking at the currently in use haks and wondering if there was a list of all hacks in use in the forums? Failing that, I'm pulling a list from all the files. It would be nice to have a sticky with the list of all haks in use and a URL for each. There are a bunch that have instructions or comments that help put them in use.
Stormsong Wyndsinger
  • Bard at large, Adventurer for hire,
    Scripter, Builder and Silly Person
Rotku
Iron Fist Tyrant

Re: Haks in Use

Post by Rotku »

< Signature Free Zone >
Kest
Builder

Post by Kest »

i think he's asking what haks we are using from nwvault, not where to download alfa haks. do we have that listed somewhere"?

interested in hearing this too, it would make suggesting new content simpler
stormsong
Kobold Footpad

Post by stormsong »

I was looking for the names of the haks. It is kind of hard to sort them out of the ALPHA haks. (Unless I'm an idiot and can't see the trees for the ocean)
Stormsong Wyndsinger
AcadiusLost
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by AcadiusLost »

nwvault hak contents have been integrated into the ALFA haks, this is a necessity in many cases to keep resources from conflicting with each other or existing content. Instructions / erfs from the original authors may not be compatible with the ALFA-tized versions, depending. Where possible, we have retained the original 2da rows for vault content, those resources would be the only ones that will work with original-author supporting files like erfs.

I will try to get all the current documentation files committed to the Sourceforge SVN to help make the full listings available for review in case people want to find out if a particular given package has been integrated or not.
stormsong
Kobold Footpad

Post by stormsong »

Beautiful.
Stormsong Wyndsinger