Kaedrin's PRC Pack

New models, textures, & integration of 3rd party content.

Moderators: ALFA Administrators, Staff - Technical

White Warlock
Otyugh

Kaedrin's PRC Pack

Post by White Warlock »

Since PRC discussions are once again on the table, i thought it beneficial to showcase Kaedrin's PRC Pack, which was updated just a few days ago. It includes D&D 3.5 PRCs, Spells, Skills, and Feats that were not included in NWN2. It's a great package and can really liven up the latter levels of gaming for those who enjoy customizing their character concepts, yet still fit within Forgotten Realm niches:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=209

Check out all that it offers.

Content team, what would it take to include this package in ALFA2?
Lusipher
Talon of Tiamat

Post by Lusipher »

Ive looked at this and hes actually been to our forums. He signed up a few days ago. That being said, some of his PrCs are waaaaaay off base. We would have to seriously tone them down to use here. I like a lot of ideas he has, but we need to tailor stuff for ALFA. Maybe someone speak with him about helping us make a set of PrCs exclusively for ALFA? It wouldnt hurt to try.
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft.

Follow me on Twitter as: Danubus
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Are these all from 3.5e supplements? I only recognize two of the names, but there are so many...

The first question I have is, who actually wants to play these PrCs? I see little sense in adding content that's not going to be sufficiently used.
Vendrin
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Vendrin »

Yea, while I'm all for adding stuff, those seem to be rather obscure PrCs, and not all of them balanced well.
-Vendrin
<fluff> vendrin is like a drug
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Post by Thangorn »

I vote for server specific PrCs:

Moonsea could support any of the following -:
Arcane Devotee
Archmage
Assassin
Auspician
Black Blood Hunter
Blackguard
Cognition Thief
Darkmask
Death's Chosen
Dirgesinger
Divine Champion
Divine Disciple
Divine Seeker
Doomguide
Dreadmaster
Dwarven Defender
Dweomerkeeper
Forest Master
Goldeye
Guild Thief
Hammer of Moradin
Harper Scout
Harper Paragon
Heartwarder
Hierophant
Horned Harbinger
Incantatrix
Justicar of Tyr
Loremaster
Maiden of Pain
Martyred Champion of Ilmater
Master of Radiance
Master of Shrouds
Monk of the Long Death
Morninglord of Lathander
Nightcloak
Ocular Adept
Pale Master
Red Wizard
Runecaster
Sacred Purifier
Shadow Adept
Shadowdancer
Silverstar
Spur Lord
Stormlord
Strifeleader
Sworddancer
True Necromancer
Waveservant
Wearer of Purple
Windwalker
Zhentarim Spy

There's more but thats a start.. :)
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
Kest
Builder

Post by Kest »

I think the ones specifically mentioned in the FR setting books might be alright...

Divine Champion and Hierophant for example.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

WHat about the spells?

Can they be used? THe pally ones look GREAT (plus the full level instead of half player level for caster level switch) of course...not sure if they're cannon
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
psycho_leo
Rust Monster

Post by psycho_leo »

Dorn wrote:THe pally ones look GREAT (plus the full level instead of half player level for caster level switch)
SRD wrote:Through 3rd level, a paladin has no caster level. At 4th level and higher, her caster level is one-half her paladin level.
Current PC: Gareth Darkriver, errant knight of Kelemvor
Se'rie Arnimane: Time is of the essence!
Nawiel Di'malie: Shush! we're celebrating!
ç i p h é r
Retired

Post by ç i p h é r »

Lists are fine (and maybe a great place to start a little polling), but it seems pointless to spend resources on stuff that won't get used and very discouraging to the people who do the tedious work involved.

What I'd like to see are requests from players in the NWN2 Custom Content forum for the PrC content they want to use. We can then assess whether or not the PrCs are suitable from a balance (standards) and quality (technical implementation) point of view. This would have the likely side benefit of spreading out the requests over time, rather than requiring a major undertaking up front. We simply don't have the manpower to "process" all those PrCs at once (it's not a matter of just publishing the content), and it would expedite the roll out of content that is actually desired.

Given that players have to plan for PrC advancement in their character selection and development, it shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary to make a request for PrCs we don't currently support.
Grand Fromage
Goon Spy

Post by Grand Fromage »

Requests would be a good idea. We should also wait to find out what's in Storm of Zehir before adding any, so we don't do redundant work.
Thangorn
Haste Bear

Post by Thangorn »

Ciph, the list was a brainstorm list only. I certainly dont expect the tech team to drop everything and focus on implementing stuff people may never use.

I'm thinking the first step is just to decide which ones we want to keep out of the game. Next decide which original PrCs we can keep just the way they are and which require changes. I'm not across all the game balance issues here but I'd be happy to assist with the workload with this part.

Thinking a little outside the box here, how about we look at a la carte/self serve type of set up for PrCs..

Lets say that once we had a list of PrCs that'd be good to offer and we'd figured out the rules/powers to use for them in a game mechanics sense. We offer the list out to the community at large as selectable PrCs with a catch.
We let people know the game mechanics requirements, the rp requirements, the technical requirements and that they will be required to do some data entry to speed the process. We are telling people, here's the list of things we want to implement, but we don't have the technical resources to do so, initially, if you want it in the game for your character, you will have to get involved.

An idea of how I think this may work -:
1. DM and player have an OOC discussion about the possibilities of going for a PrC from the list and discuss appropriateness.
This way the player is aware from the beginning that there are rp requirements, technical requirements and time investment involved from the player and technical end.
2. Player has to fulfill the rp requirements with their DM in a PrC quest, this could take awhile and will mitigate the drudgery of "waiting".
3. Player may still have to wait a while until a batch of requests for PrCs accumulates, I'm sure we would have a fairly large batch of requests early in the piece. Then wait as the technical team gets the PrC batch coded appropriately for hakking.
4. To speed the process the player has to do the data entry for the PrC and beta test it.

Any way, I'm just throwing ideas out there. I'm not really in any rush myself but I know there'll be a few players (since a few are now 6-7th lvl in NWN2) who may be seeking to advance in a PrC...
On indefinite real life hiatus

[22:52] <Veilan> obviously something sinister must be afoot if a DM does not have his social security number in his avatar name!
Blindhamsterman
Haste Bear

Re: Kaedrin's PRC Pack

Post by Blindhamsterman »

I think the idea posted above could be a clever way of getting more folks in the community involved in getting more custom content involved in ALFA, not just PRCs but pretty much anything else, put it past DMs and the other relevant folks and then said people do whatever work is required (as outlined by the technical team)