Wizard Troubles

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: Wizard Troubles

Post by Ithildur »

Great, now we just need to hear from Gonz.0
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Ithildur wrote:Great, now we just need to hear from Gonz.0

I have obligations east coast time that block out saturday morning to early afternoon. Saturday later afternoon should be fine. Sunday morning and early afternoon I should be good. Friday morning, no problem, but by 2:30 pm have to be done as I will have obligations.

Post 9pm eastern time till 2am, I am good any night of the week.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

So Friday (26th) morning US time (10am EST) works for everyone? We shouldn't require a long session given where/how we left things off.

Sunday can be the backup slot if Friday doesn't work out (Xan can't do it or server host is still not ready, though Shadowfax said it'd be ready to go early this week) or if we need a 3rd session to finish up; Sunday's less than ideal for me but doable if we finish by 2:30-3pm EST.

Sound good?

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

Works for me.
causk
Brown Bear

Post by causk »

guess well need to postpone again;
same time good next week?
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Sunday sounds like a possibility, according to SF.

If this weekend is a no go, I'm not sure when my next available weekend is. I'll post when I do know.

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Stay tuned, looks like MS might be up this weekend.

Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

Okay I think we're good to go. 7am PST tomorrow, 14 hours from the time of this post.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Two things: please sound off here if you've seen this and are aware/confirm you'll be able to make it.

Second, it's been a while since last session; might be helpful to review a couple of rulings that Xan has given advance notice of:

1. reminder that there's a 33% chance that the -6 floor doesn't save you
2. Silence spell on object (i.e. pebble) for purposes of infiltration is allowed, but for combat (i.e. silencing spellcasters) we'll have to use the game engine - which may still be a good option if a swarm of casters show up. Note that casting on location or ally allows no save or SR, both in 3.5e and NWN2.

I'll post more ooc details that might be good to review if I think of them. Anyone have any questions regarding such?

Recap from log towards the end of first session:
Spoiler:
[17:02] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *replaces the disturbed plants to not give the hole away*
[17:03] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *slowly makes her way away from the hole a good ways towards the perrimiter*
[17:06] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *slips out of the shadows and into sight now*
[17:06] [Ithildurnew] Aglaril Shaelara: [Party] *crawls to the edge of the hole and peers outside*
[17:08] [Ithildurnew] Aglaril Shaelara: [Party] *turns back to Daertho and mouths the word "Quessir"*
[17:08] [causk43] Daertho Elbrar: [Party] *nods*
[17:08] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *aproaches an elf* anf nods to the gnoll*
[17:08] [Ithildurnew] Aglaril Shaelara: [Party] *w* 20 paces or so... gnolls a bit further
[17:08] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *smiles a sweet disarming smile*
[17:09] [Gonz.0] Horatio: [Party] *crouches behind a wagon, writing a small note on rice paper when he see tha'is walk past the farmers on to the elves and cringes*
[17:09] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *m* do you speak this tongue?
[17:09] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] i was wondering whos lands these were
[17:10] [Ithildurnew] Aglaril Shaelara: [Party] *w* Casting here might still be audible if one of them has good ears. We should be ready in case things go awry.
[17:10] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *m* i was told there was a wizard of some note in the area and i was wanting to seek employment for a night
[17:11] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *m* i thank you kindly
[17:11] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *heads south as directed*
[17:11] [Gonz.0] Horatio: [Party] *creeps closer to one of the elves, and speaking softly in elvish* Do not be startled, and do not react to me but to nod or shake your head.*
[17:12] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *turns back to the gnoll*
[17:12] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *m* what was that name again?
[17:12] [Gonz.0] Horatio: [Party] *w e* we are heer to aid your people, do you wish this?
[17:13] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *she plays at being a ditz to keep the gnolls attention*
[17:13] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] yakeb, and he is south past the field?
[17:13] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] oh thank you
[17:14] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *takes off again and pause once she is sure she is out of sight pulls a mirror from her pouch to check behind her and make sure noone can see her before slipping back intothe shadows*
[17:15] [Gonz.0] Horatio: [Party] *w e* do not react in fear when we come for you, you will know us as friend... tonight.
[17:16] [Ithildurnew] Aglaril Shaelara: [Party] *hand lingers near his blade, but the scroll has been tucked away once more*
[17:16] [Xanthea] DM Xan: [Talk] Eventually the pair return.
[17:16] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *slips back into the hole before h*
[17:17] [Ithildurnew] Aglaril Shaelara: [Party] *w* All is well?
[17:17] [Gonz.0] Horatio: [Party] *waits for a little, to make sure she was not seen... then returns himself*
[17:17] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *gestures for them all to move down in the passage to speak
[17:17] [Ithildurnew] Aglaril Shaelara: [Party] *nods and moves away from the opening*
[17:18] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] i am sure horatio can offer a better tactical observation then i
[17:18] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] *her words quiet*
[17:19] [a lag monster] Tha'is: [Party] i saw elves inthe field along with gnoll overseers and humans
[17:19] [Gonz.0] Horatio: [Party] *secures an end of twine to the trapdoor then moves down to the others, wraping the line around his pinky to monitor the cover*
[17:19] [Ithildurnew] Aglaril Shaelara: [Party] *shakes his head* For an emergency
[17:20] [Ithildurnew] Aglaril Shaelara: [Party] Elves *nods*
[17:20] [Gonz.0] Horatio: [Party] I spoke to an elf... I could not ask him questions... he thought I was trying to trick him, but he was hopeful regardless...
[17:20] [Gonz.0] Horatio: [Party] I told him when we came for them, no to react in fear, and that they would know us as friends.
[17:21] [Ithildurnew] Aglaril Shaelara: [Party] *nods and whispers* You informed him we'll be coming at night?
[17:21] [Gonz.0] Horatio: [Party] *nods* tonight... we need to go tonight. If they do not find this hole today, they will tomorrow.
[17:22] [Ithildurnew] Aglaril Shaelara: [Party] *nods* The likelihood is high without further work to conceal it.
ps there was about 50mb of update/download for MS for me tonight, be forewarned

causk
Brown Bear

Post by causk »

I wont be able to make it; made plans as it didnt seem likely server would be up and/or all people confirm that they would be there two days ago. Sorry.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I have to say, I cleared my schedule and got up early today; seeing this was not thrilling.

The forums are here for a reason, but I can't make people read it or respond; I've all but begged for folks to keep their eye on this thread/respond. For Xan's sake I'll do my best to see this through, but between my schedule for the summer and the apparent lack of interest/courtesy from fellow players in general lately... I'll see whether I have enough motivation/time to make effort at continuing to DM but player side I'm probably done after this.
Last edited by Ithildur on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

Okay. Next weekend, it looks like?
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I'm sure we can think of things the three of us can do without Causk, if you're game Xan.
Last edited by Ithildur on Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

Okay. Game on and we'll pause if/when we get to a place where we need Causk.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I can be free Friday and Saturday same time. Sunday is doable but I'd have to stop by 1:30pm EST.