Dungeon Crawl

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Re: Dungeon Crawl

Post by Xanthea »

Well shit. I'd really like to find some other day during the week we can do this then. I don't want to get sucked into limbo hell.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Sorry, forgot, mind is elsewhere.
Could do Sun(22), and pending some logistic issues, might be able to do Fri(20)
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I should be able to do Friday the 20th; Sunday might be doable if that works better for everyone else, though not ideal as I may have to cut things short.

Just FYI, after the end of this month there's a chance I may be out of town/completely unavailable for few weeks. I would hate to see yet another SE finale type of thing where people just didn't get it scheduled for months, though with this group it's only 5 people... shouldn't be this hard... in theory.

Also FYI, my current schedule on weekends... if there's last minute rescheduling it really costs me in a number of ways; I'd like to request minimizing such as much as possible. There's times I'm simply going to have to bow out of things if scheduling isn't reliable.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
causk
Brown Bear

Post by causk »

friday or sunday works for me
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Dergon if you're out there somewhere and reading this, we really would appreciate if you'd post in this thread regarding your availability, even if it's to tell us you're not available or aren't sure, etc. so we know whether to wait/plan for you or not.
Last edited by Ithildur on Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Friday likely isn't going to work. I'll be on vacation and it's evening time, I'll need to at least pretend to be social.

So Sunday, if you think you can that is Ith (and Dergon?)
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

%$#^% #^%#

Alright... I'm willing to bite the bullet and take some heat to get this done; if everyone else can do Saturday usual time I'll cancel my plans and be there. I'm only offering to do this so we can get this done; the motivation to do so decreases sharply when I consider that we've been shuffling things around quite a bit to accommodate one person's last minute changes.

Sunday is probably about as available for me as Friday is for you Kid, if not worse.

Spoiler:
A little bit too busy lately to post much in the IC thread but wanted to throw out a couple of quick thoughts:

So, the most obvious... anticipating needing Death Wards (the creature we might face is described as a shadowy thing, one that's definitely sending out negative energy in some fashion).

We may need to take the staff radiating positive energy (which seemed to be serving as a shield/foil to the negative energy, though unsure whether it still has enough power to continue to do so) with us; might want to spend an Identify to figure out exactly what it does/how it operates, etc.

The trapdoor in the floor of the small room seems to be the only way to 'proceed downwards' so far, though we probably should search the main chamber/small room/cave rather thoroughly for anything we might've missed.

Note that we do have a couple of ropes including a magical one but the descent's depth/details is unknown right now (might be able to join mundane rope and magical rope for extended length, I'm guessing magic rope can be commanded to 'tie/attach itself' to the regular rope?) We might have enough Spiderclimbs if we can rest, especially if Farduk helps out (we're near the end, he shouldn't need his usual complement of lvl 2 slots dedicated to Invisibility...). Aglaril or Farduk can prep a Featherfall as contingency/emergency.

Couple of alternate 'scout ahead down there' options if Hully's not around, but at this point I'm hoping Dergon can make it.

... might want to be prepared for possible dispels at some point... getting death ward dispelled could be very nasty unless the staff is sufficient.
Last edited by Ithildur on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

It's the first time my whole family is together in about 2 decades.
brothers came from Canada and all that crap.
I don't /have/ to be available at all times but Friday night is kind of a thing.
Most of all, GF will also be there and will give me hell if I just leave her alone with everyone and go play from 6PM till whenever.

So frankly, I would rather play, but it feels really childish for me to do so. :)

btw, Sunday I do have school but I am willing to skip a class.
I guess i'm just saying I am trying here... Sorry, I knew things would get busy around this time of year just didn't expect this to become what it is (which is, a pretty fucking sweet crawl, but longer than I expected).

Anyways, easy for me to say as I have a low level mook I don't mind playing in the mean time, but if Sunday really sucks for you that bad I say we push it another week?
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Don't skip class; let's go for saturday if everyone can make it. If not then... we're back to square 1 I guess, though I will not be prioritizing this on my weekend schedule after this weekend.

Xanthea
Dungeon Master

Post by Xanthea »

Saturday's fine with me.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Ithildur wrote:Dergon if you're out there somewhere and reading this, we really would appreciate if you'd post in this thread regarding your availability, even if it's to tell us you're not available or aren't sure, etc. so we know whether to wait/plan for you or not.
Bump

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Hey Hey -- I'm here -

Out of town starting on Friday -- back Sunday night.

Lots of happenings in my RL world atm ... chunks of fully attentive in game time are thin.

Sorry.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Suggestions for other days/timeslot anyone?

As I anticipated I have some opportunities coming up next weekend and pretty much every weekend from then on that starts in the afternoon. There is some flexibility, but honestly the way things are looking right now... I'm just going to go ahead and prioritize the other thing unless I know a session is definitely happening.

With that in mind I'd like to request this be comic book timed if it's not going to happen for a while... :?
Last edited by Ithildur on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.

kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Can likely do Wednesday and north at any hours. But think Causk would be limited to Euro friendly.

We can try a double wammy for next weekend and maybe finish it with Sat/Sun?
But no certainty Dergon would be free.

I really wouldn't mind postponing this weekend regardless. I botched one of my important interview and i'm getting another go early next week. So I could use the hours to study for it.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

If we can put something on the books for next weekend I'll postpone starting the other commitment for another week. I need to know ahead of time however, by mid next week or so at the latest. If it's not scheduled by then you guys can do whatever you decide; right now, I can't afford to schedule around something this unreliable.