Random things to do ~ Discover (StephenUmpf)

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

StephenUmpf
Dungeon Master

Random things to do ~ Discover (StephenUmpf)

Post by StephenUmpf »

In this thread, you will find random things to do on the MS server. I will create them and you can find a few friends and accomplish them. Here are the rules (and they are subject to change):

1) Please avoid doing them solo. They are for you to enjoy as RPers.

2) They will be off varying degrees of danger (I will try to give you an idea of the difficulty in the post).

3) They will make the server more dangerous so be careful wandering off the beaten path.

4) Report back on this forum when you have the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow (or just the marker I place) in your hand. If it includes, a story on the boards (here or elsewhere) I will be extra kind.

5) Once the server resets, they will be gone. I may or may not recreate that particular encounter.

Let me have men about me that are fat;
Sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights:
Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look;
He thinks too much: such men are dangerous.
- Julies Caesar, Act II, William Shakespeare
StephenUmpf
Dungeon Master

Re: Random things to do ~ Discover (StephenUmpf)

Post by StephenUmpf »

The Road to Grady -

It has become common knowledge that travelers and merchants heading to the small village of Grady have recently been extorted out of their finer things by a large half-orc and his crew. The village of Grady is readying a response but it is not sure how long till the road is cleared.

Recommended:
Party Size 3 - 4, Levels 2-5

boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

"Are they incapable of taking care of their own problems? Does everyone in these lands simply rely on mercenaries to do their work for them" She thought to herself as she passed the workers who was preparing the fields from the previous Greengrass festival who had informed her of some banditry a bit to the south. Why did she keep helping these people out? If they did not learn to fight for themselves, they would surely die when the next disaster struck. "Adventurers", she tasted the word in her mouth as she kept walking to the south. This was a profession unheard of in Dambrath, unheard of in any positive sense anyways. Who in their right mind was an adventurer?

After a few hours, she stopped looking down on the ground at what looked like signs of a scuffle; someone was running from a few men, one whom was rather heavy built and had a large weapon that tore up a peice of dirt over there before.. ah.. there it is, the blood. Jax kneeled over the savagely murdered human, noting without touching him that he no longer carried any valuables and that his body was left where it fell. She stood up, unsheathed one of her swords and walked a bit further south. She stopped as she heard the drunken laughter of a burly man, probably the Half-Orc and some other men who were laughing heartedly.

With the blade in grip, she walked up, clearly visible for them all to see and quietly announced her presence. The men stopped mid-laughter and looked at her for a second before the Half-Orc picked up his weapon, shoved the two closest to him aside and took great strides towards her. She could smell him far earlier than she should have had to, his condecending grunts and bravado body language turned her composure to rage and with a lightning fast strike, she had cut his femoral artery on the inside of his upper thigh. He dropped his weapon, fell to his knees holding his crotch as if that was the area bleeding and all that bravado he had just showed diminished by each heartbeat.

Before anyone else could compose themselves, she slammed her shield against his left temple and his body fell to the ground. Jax made a point out of walking above the newly felled foe when she moved towards the last few bandits...
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
StephenUmpf
Dungeon Master

Post by StephenUmpf »

Spiders

The tiny village of Koart has some unwanted guests. These huge spiders are staying past their welcome. In fact, they recently terrified the staff of the Koart Hall as they decided to sneak into the hall late one night. A few people are now missing as well as the Lord's silverware. Some say that they came up from the old tunnels of the village.

Recommended:
Party Size 3 - 4, Levels 2-6

boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

((This. Good stuff Stephen. Thumbs up. Approved and all that stuff.))
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
StephenUmpf
Dungeon Master

Post by StephenUmpf »

Spring Mating Season

A male and female bear are mating on the sea cliff on the Isle of Graystad. However, these enormous bears are have already killed a few of the inhabitants of the island. And between love making sessions, they are killing what little game there is to be had on the small island. King Olof is smart enough to know that offering a reward is a better choice then sending his men to their death.

Recommended
Party Size 3-4, Levels 7-12

(The Spiders Still Haunt Koart)

StephenUmpf
Dungeon Master

Post by StephenUmpf »

In But Not Out

A pirate ship was chased into the Dwyvach Salt Flats. As night time fell, the chasing frigate lost sight of the ship. However, there are no reports of the ship making it out of the salt flats.

Recommended
Party Size 3-4, Levels 6-9 (made it a little harder after the reset)

Please post here a good story!

StephenUmpf
Dungeon Master

Post by StephenUmpf »

Bump