DmCloud Log: The Adventures of the Windwyrm

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

DmCloud Log: The Adventures of the Windwyrm

Post by CloudDancing »

So i've noticed that other dms like to give a breakdown of each session and the players seem to enjoy doing a little planning in the same thread. So I am starting this thread to do this:

Opening Day:
Various alliances were made as competitor registers with Captain Oxnaar Covanaar, leader of the Scourge Corsairs. Each one received a pearl etched with a single as the mark of their participation.

The Grand Party:

The Pirate King hosted a party for the four ship crews in the upper floor of a local inn. A great feast was laid out and rum and ale ran freely as water. The crews were identified as the Drow, led by the Priestess Quinye', the Bloodscar, led by Captain Xi Xan, the Skaug Corsairs, led by Captain Oxnaar, and Drake and Zyrus's crew.

Drake and Zyrus finally met with the Pirate King, who turned out to be Drake's long lost friend from long ago the Marches. Since his arrival in the Moonshaes, the Pirate King had built up a fleet of 15 ships after pirating and disrupting the routes of slave ships, and then founding his fleet off of freed slaves as well as the very lucrative material wealth drawn in from looting merchant ships. He received his title from those that followed him, moreso than any official piratical monarchy.

As the party died down. And Freck threw the drunk navigator of Xi Xan's crew out of a window. He did not survive.

The Maiden Voyage:

After hiring six salty sea dogs, Drake hired several more crew members the strong arm, Cona, young Samuel the Red, and Fumir, the merchant of Amn. Insofar the crew is listed as Drake, Zyrus, Aliyah, Dawn, Thais, Rerin, Freck, Fumir, Cona, and Samuel plus Scabby Pete and five misc pirates.

Zyrus decided he wished to take their new ship on a trial run.

Provisions were obtained: 4 weeks worth of beans, salt pork, and rum.
A box of salted beef
Five fishing poles and bait
A barrel of tropical fruits and citrus.
Six weeks worth of fresh water.
Four barrels of Ale.
A box of various medicinal herbs and salves.

Quickly it proved the sailors they hired had more knowledge of seafaring than the crew combined, so Scabby Pete took up the rudder and helm, and they were off on their merry way. During the run Freck and Fumir because violently sea sick. Then as they brought the ship around to Skaug, the wind died down to nothing and a pack of sharks began to boil in the water surrounding the ship.

Drake took up the Crow's Nest as the rest were instructed to watch the sailors and learn a bit about sailing.

As Umberlee's disfavor began to express itself the pirates and crew threw valuables over the edge and begged her for forgiveness. Then, suprising everyong, Fumir used his natural abilities to summon a huge gust of wind which propelled the ship out of the area of flat water. The ship shot foward so fast, it threw people off their feet and nearly threw Freck off the ship. The rudder and the ships wheel was taxed sorely and the strongest of the ship ran to help poor Scabby Pete as he hung on for dear life.

Skaug came up extremely fast into their sights and the anchor was dropped. Slowed they came into Skaug without a scratch (more than the ship already had)

From this point on we will begin a five day adventure of seafaring which will require the use of comic book time. On the game day, Thursday at 8pm (in which people will be considered below decks untill they arrive.) I will port people in and vailidate them as needed for the game day, so you can do stuff out of comic book time as you see fit, such as adventure with other dms. Still, don't be annoying and die to random stuff or exploring off road!
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Re: DmCloud Log: The Adventures of the Windwyrm

Post by CloudDancing »

Sorry for the confusion for today's game. Analog Kid, Adanu, and Fumir told me they could not be there this evening. I had planned to introduce the rest of the crew to the new interiors and exteriors of the Windwyrm and their new shipmates, but a major miscalculation happened with the new content.

In the end at the start of the game time and in the first hour only Freck, Dawn, and Thais were present on MS. So seeing this I offered an RP alternative and picked up a dangling plot thread with Rani and Dawn.

Again sorry for the confusion. Game time starts at 8pm CST and if I don't see you before then, we will move on with some allowances if we are on ship.

Next week there WILL be the new content and we WILL start our journey.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

My internet or router has suffered some sort of critical explosion. It started with my laptop's adapter not identifying the internet. Now my main PC can't ID the internet connection either or log on and so i'm on the phone waiting for tech support.

For some reason the next work is working on my laptop briefly but I don't know how long that will stay working.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

8/15
Check in with Drake. I've given him the directive for the next event and being he is one of the leaders, he will guide the party in that regard tonight.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

8/22

Many efforts have been made by Drake, Zyrus, and Fumir to determine the course of action to take on the next challenge. They must raid a settlement and take at least a 1000 gold worth of spoils and return it unto the Pirate King. Anything else will be considered a failure.

Things discovered in these investigations:

Ruathym has weathered numerous attacks for the last 100 years including repeated attempts from Luskan to take over their village.

The Drow Crew stays mysteriously aloof and hidden from plain sight in Skaug, but they are the biggest contender for the Crown. XiXan and Covannar are still in the competition and their ships quickly repaired or replaced.

Northman settlements and slavers camps pepper the southern isles randomly

There are three camps of Amnish pirate slavers in the Nelthander Isles who plague traders of all nationalities
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

9/5/2013

Drake, Thais, and Thanatos went after Jimmy the Fist, the bounty-broker. They intimidated him by going to the Crypts to reclaim Thais who was pretending to be captured. Little did they know they were preceeded by the drow who entered invisibly, to intercept Jimmy before he spilled the beans.

Drake interrogated Jimmy, but just as quick the Drow ambushed them. Then Drake summoned his worst demon who turned on them all and nearly killed everyone before disappearing in a cloud of brimstone.

The Drow were killed.

However the demon did not disappear but retreated into the tombs to torture and kill more drow as well as set about animating the dead of the crypts and setting a sister to summoning demonic entities.

A few days later the Crypts were impassable and a patrol of Corsairs had gone missing. Eventually the crew decided to track down the missing drow in the crypts as well as save the Corsairs.

They fought many demons and undead and eventually found the demoness Hezebel and attacked her and her imps. Slowly she was worn down and eventually charred into ash.

The priestess Quinye' was found alive, but Drake lunged down and slit her tiny throat. Zyrus exploded in rage and threatened Drake's death for crossing him.

LATER

Samuel and Fumir took the time to questions the dead bodies of Quinye' and the other priestess. They found out some leading information they will no doubt share with others.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

Drake, Zyrus, and the crew sailed forth to Nemesser Island and the Spellhold to raid the Amnish pirate camps there. Their assault on the beachhead left Samuel dead and he was quickly squirreled away in a magical bag.
After this their raid was mostly successful. They discovered the Spellhold was protected by a magic-repellant shield that prevented entry. The pirates shamans and warlocks had been trying to break through using a summoned fiend of great size.

In the midsts of all the fighting, the alarm was sounded and the fiend broke loose and attacked the beach. It nearly killed Zyrus and it nearly killed Drake.

In the end though the collective efforts of the crew eventually killed it. They were able to salvage enough goods to meet the requirements of their test. Plus they stole the pirate's ship and returned to Skaug.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

Upon return the Pirate King called an audience for each of the crew members. To each he imparted a gift and the possibility of joining his fleet of slaver-hunting ships.

Rumor is that he had his eye on one crew member to take over as his second in command, but no word has reached any ears if that person has accepted.

The excitement in Skaug has died down outside of Captain Oxnarr was seen dealing with an irate Drow ambassador and a wagon of Drow bodies.The Drow Ship was returned to the Drow who made sail for Skullport along with most of the bodies of their fallen kinsmen. A reward has been offered for the return of the Priestess Quinye's body to be paid by the Skaug Corsairs.

Xi Xan's battered Bloodscar pulled away from the docks and her route was noted to be heading to the Sea of Stars. A multitude of fancy lads sighed in relief.

The seized pirate ship is docked in port at Skaug and presumably is the property of the Windwyrm's crew.

The Windwyrm has been returned to the Pirate King's fleet.

Rumors have also reached prying ears that the High Queen has met with the Pirate King upon neutral seas for some manner of treaty.

(Thank you all for the three-four month campaign. It was fun and I hope you continue playing or dming on MS :mrgreen: )