Kidnapped! Part 2 (and 3!)

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: Kidnapped! Part 2 (and 3!)

Post by Ithildur »

Ok, depending on what happens with my new job, I may actually shoot for a US weekday afternoon slot this week; seems like that's a timeslot that can work for Euros and Dan and Jmecha.

Stay tuned.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Two possible slots: tomorrow 1900GMT ish, or Friday 2100GMT or later.

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
vergin_sacrifice
Dire Badger

Post by vergin_sacrifice »

I will try, if I am reading that correctly, thats 4pm my time. I have a 2pm Eye apointment, going to have them dilated. Not sure if I'll be able to look at my computer yet by then. I will try to be there.
I doubt, therefore; I might be
Calil - Elf maid depicted in profile picture.
Bellie - Small woman from Lowhill with big attitude - see below
puny
Dungeon Master

Post by puny »

personally, i cant be around until 21:00, possibly 21:30 gmt tomorrow.

friday, probably not at all, or very late, and then atleast tipsy. -.^
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

should be good for either, whatever works for others.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

Can't do either, unless there's a last minute change of my best laid plan for Friday.

Fun here innit. :D
Matti
Dire Badger

Post by Matti »

Saturday and to about 1830 gmt +1 on sunday and monday are unavailable due to work. Otherwise I can most probably show up most times the coming 14 days.

I would prefer other dates than thursday though. Mostly due to the fact that Nettle, Bellie might be unavailable and the doc will not be able to participate. And as those represent most of the people my character knows and trusts it would be nice to have them along :-)
Last edited by Matti on Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PC: Rothar Hall
PC: Leon Merwine

Deceased: Thoian Trill

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. "
- Robin Williams
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I'll be on in about 2-3 hours doing some prep work (so start at about 2000-2100GMT, hopefully that'll mean Doc/Nettle/Bellie/Leon can be there with Dan and Jmecha, haven't heard from Rumple yet) and see who can make it; if we have most of the group we can proceed but if not, I may just run something non comic book timed for whoever is around, perhaps Greengrass-prep related (test out hin wrasstlin'?).

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

And the grande finale... should be wrapped up in 2, 3 hours max. Tomorrow at 2100 GMT (4pm EST 3pm CST) doable?
Last edited by Ithildur on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Doable. Can't do more than 3 hours though (at that start time), or my grandmother will fret that I am late to visit.

Looking forward to it.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

should not be an issue on my end.
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
Matti
Dire Badger

Post by Matti »

I'll be there and Puny should be home by then providing the buses and such keep their timetables :-)
PC: Rothar Hall
PC: Leon Merwine

Deceased: Thoian Trill

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. "
- Robin Williams
puny
Dungeon Master

Post by puny »

what matti said, if my co-workers are all nice and kind as they usually are, they'll let me off and away just in time to catch a earlier buss, if they're mean and misogynic (or some crisis happens, i'll be up to 20-25 minutes late)
jmecha
Illithid

Post by jmecha »

Sorry folks but RL has jumped up and decided to make a stand.

I will likely not be about until Monday.
Current Characters: Aelenta Renvanith
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

So... the party has found/rescued the dad, though he is not quite himself apparently. The daughter still needs rescue, quite possibly requiring an extremely risky decision.

Apologies for some miscalculation on my part; I foresaw the encounter being a very tough challenge (I felt it needed to be ICly) even with the help of a couple of NPCs and Solatri present but doable if consumables and a few key buffs were used... and a couple of different options would've been available for a relatively quick (possibly bloodless) final rescue if all the Drow in the cave were slain. I thought I scaled things back just enough with Sol (and Doc) missing to present something that would still be challenging without being impossible, but things went more poorly for the PCs than I anticipated. The Drow initially were meant to fight to the death but it probably would've meant a near TPK if the two nastier ones didn't leave; in return the fact that they went through the portal is going to make things more difficult going forward as the element of surprise (and the wizard's goodies) may be gone, although comic book time might work in favor of the PCs. Or perhaps they regroup, find some allies and return later (though a near tenday trip back to the Moonshaes according to Castano... might be rather ooc for some of the PCs to consider).

Sometimes the good guys have major setbacks; the best stories are often when they find some way to overcome them! The final rescue is still possible! One other thing in your favor, as you've been facing some tough challenges and long sessions, the xp collects and a couple of you have lvled since the start of the plot.

At this point we seem to be looking at Sunday/Jmecha not being available vs later in the week and Rumple not being available (this Saturday night US time I'm guessing isn't a good slot for most of us). Having Tam show up might be really helpful... I also might have a hook for Zyrus to show up.

I highly recommend some planning before next session. I'll do some homework as well on possible options. I'm not interesting in TPK of PCs I enjoy DMing, but there's definitely possibility of such or worse...