Moonshae Wishlist

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

I-KP
Otyugh

Re: Moonshae Wishlist

Post by I-KP »

Zelknolf wrote:
I-KP wrote:Fair enough, perhaps I wasn't using a KEMO chair to begin with. The Nudge tools however, do seem to break the animation for observers whereas it remains visible on my client; is this something to do with the kind of nudge that you use (there are two types)?
It has to do with the way animations work, in two parts-- the nudge tools actually move you, and that breaks a loop that continues to re-apply the animation to your character (the server has no sense of how you moved. Nudge tools look like walking to it, and we have handling to make you not continue to remind everyone that you're sitting once you start moving around, for obvious reasons). The other part of that is that your game client sees the movement as many tiny nudges, none of which are a large enough difference to trigger its own handling to show a frame of walk animation-- but it travels in less-frequent, larger nudges to everyone else, and is thus distributed as things large enough to "look" like walking, which resets your animation (and you have nothing out there to tell everyone to show the sit animation again, because you moved).

So we end up in a state where nothing is attempting to refresh the animation, your client has never had cause to draw a different animation (so you see the same sit as before), but everyone else's client has (so they see the end state of that-- usually standing).

And the solution-- nudge into the pose you like, then do the same animation again. And I've put in a ticket to make that automatic in the future.
Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
puny
Dungeon Master

Post by puny »

that nifty bank thing BG got is kinda cool
Inwintersshadow
Orc Champion

Post by Inwintersshadow »

Make High Home a starting area for dwarf PCs.
Admissions Goon

Primary PC: Vohrigg Cragstomper ~ Rock-climbing Spelunker of High Home http://pinterest.com/pin/229965124694678786/
Secondary PC: Nicobus Trask - Private Investigator of Silverymoon http://workerslawwatch.com/wp-content/u ... igator.jpg

NWN1 PC: Corgrym Aerthen: Warrior-Priest of Chauntea & White Chalk Village Militia Leader in Daggerdale
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Here is my wish list:

1. Animals in the forest areas. Deer, rabbits, mice, birds, bears, wolves, etc. etc. etc....Several beautiful areas I have been on in Skaug and around the Iron Keep are empty of any life.

2. Some hostile spawns suitable for low levels would be nice. For example, an NPC in Skaug mentions "goblins outside the gate" but there ain't no goblins.

3. Hostile spawns in caves and dungeons. In my explorations I have run across only 1 or 2 caves out of about a dozen that had anything in them. Those nifty randomly appearing chest like they have on BG would be nice in these areas too. BG's randomly spawning corpses (some have a small loot drop) would be nice too. While on the subject of chests, a chance to find "buried treasure" along the beaches would be cool and in line with the pirate/seafaring theme.

4. As on BG, the "nametags" of all NPCs that have any sort of quest or other substantive dialogue attached the them should appear in colored print instead of white print. This helps players distinguish between regular NPCs and "special" NPCs such as guides and quest givers.

5. The Map of the Isles available for Viewing IG, like on a bulletin board at each dock.

I am no builder, but I am pretty sure the entire list could be accomplished without too much effort by an experienced builder. More adventure type quests would be nice too. In this regard, the Rivermoot, High Hold, Fourthpeak, Settlestone and Silverymoon quests from TSM could be easily adapted to MS. If someone were to explain to me how to access those quests, I would be willing to write new dialogue for the quests using the existing scripts. Then I would just need a builder to create and place an NPC and attach the quest scripts to it. With a bit of help if I could do one a week in three months MS would have 12 new quests.
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

I would love to see an experienced builder step up to handle these projects that do not require too much effort.
On playing together: http://www.giantitp.com/articles/tll307 ... 6efFP.html
Useful resource: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

On bad governance: "I intend to bring democracy to this nation, and if anybody stands in my way I will crush him and his family."
You're All a Bunch of Damn Hippies
vergin_sacrifice
Dire Badger

Post by vergin_sacrifice »

Halfling sized items in the Lowhill shops. Specifically the staves. There are some magical or master work staves available, but all are full sized, not able to be equipped by residents.

I'd also love to see the town hall or somewhere outside set up with some small shop booths and such, like the market place in BG. Even if they do not actually have anything to sell, some place-able items made environmental for color would be nice for rp.

I took a bit of a tour today, and see a lot of locked doors, and can't wait to see what will be behind them. As well, I'd love to get one of the doors assigned to me, so I can have a go at toolsetting a home for my character.

And if I can figure that out, maybe I can help with some of the other areas Castano.
(I failed and gave up before, but this is more inspiration to keep trying)
I doubt, therefore; I might be
Calil - Elf maid depicted in profile picture.
Bellie - Small woman from Lowhill with big attitude - see below
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Random acts of piracy and shi[p to ship comabat even if it just ports you to a seperate area..and doesn't look 100% realistsic..I would /think/ our imagination can cover for graphic imperfection. Prolly more to come this just off the top of my head
*begins research into rules for naval/marine adventuars!*
More sea based stuff. Areas for ship based encounters. Ship v. ship, ship to shore,.....
MS has acquired the first big step to doing the sort of thing. The Queen Robyn is a good demonstrative prototype (which other DMs are welcome to use when the player group who usually sails it isn't around), which uses three areas and some sleight of hand (the interior doors can AT you to any of the three areas, based on what the weather deck is supposed to look like). You get widgets to put a ship in battle or make it boarding, and that picks up all of the people in the current area and positions them relative to their ship in the new one.

I'd like to post a video, but ATs seem to break my current game-recording software, and there be ATs in its use.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

So Having got my license to build MS . . . . ..

I am wondering what simple things are still up on the wishlists that I can tackle ?

Keeping in mind I am not an experienced scripter or builder in NWN2.

My hope is to be able to fix some of the messed up broken stuff first and move on to more interesting things.
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

So Far:

Tailor is now in working order

Low Hill has its Brewery with quests included

Low Hill has a couple of rooms for rent at the Inn/tavern

There is now a Tanner in Corwell who will accept pelts and has a quest available

There is now a Herbalist in Corwell who will accept herbs and has a quest available

The Senechal of Corwell has more tasks available now

areas o34 and o35 have been added to the map parts of the Llyrath forest

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Arianna wrote:So Far:

There is now a Tanner in Corwell who will accept pelts and has a quest available

There is now a Herbalist in Corwell who will accept herbs and has a quest available

Journals are now working
Snowdown has new merchants
A large number of RP items have been added including a few items not found elsewhere
Last edited by Arianna on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

thank you so much Arriana for all your work.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Arianna wrote:
Arianna wrote:So Far:

Journals are now working
Snowdown has new merchants
A large number of RP items have been added including a few items not found elsewhere
Heads up latests update is just over 100mb, plan your logins accordingly

-cleaned up a number of silly string walkmeshes
-more content in Snowdown
-misc scripts and items added

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Thank you again.

A note, as of last log in on MS journals were still fubar; does the above highlight in pinkish red mean they should now be fixed?
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Ithildur wrote:Thank you again.

A note, as of last log in on MS journals were still fubar; does the above highlight in pinkish red mean they should now be fixed?

Well they were working fine when I made the post

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin