Moonshae Wishlist

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Moonshae Wishlist

Post by FoamBats4All »

This topic is for players and DMs alike -- any who interact with the server -- to suggest improvements to the server. Keeping this out of the builder forums so that players can comment. Please tell us what you'd like to see more of!
Lucifer
Gelatinous Cube

Re: Moonshae Wishlist

Post by Lucifer »

Random acts of piracy and shi[p to ship comabat even if it just ports you to a seperate area..and doesn't look 100% realistsic..I would /think/ our imagination can cover for graphic imperfection. Prolly more to come this just off the top of my head
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

*begins research into rules for naval/marine adventuars!*
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
rorax
Otyugh

Post by rorax »

Content and zones for higher level characters.
danielmn
Fionn In Disguise

Post by danielmn »

more rp items in stores? I've found the backpack, rope, pen and ink and paper and scrollcase stuff easily enough, but things like soap, or sharpening stone, hammer and pitons ect would be awesome to have in stores!!!
Swift wrote: Permadeath is only permadeath when the PCs wallet is empty.
Zyrus Meynolt: [Party] For the record, if this somehow blows up in our faces and I die, I want a raise

<Castano>: danielnm - can you blame them?
<danielmn>: Yes,
<danielmn>: Easily.

"And in this twilight....our choices seal our fate"
I-KP
Otyugh

Post by I-KP »

- Rebuild Calliddyr[sp?] and/or split it into two zones. Current build is super-over-cluttered for one area. Take a leaf from BG on this one re city design: many smaller areas engender a much better sense of city scale.
- More statics. (I don’t play them but most others do.)
- Creatures need names. Oh so very often you get attacked by a [blank] which is different from a [blank] because it uses magic, and not forgetting the [blank] which has a Touch attack, but you can’t tell whether it was the [blank] or the [blank], or even the[blank] that made the magic attack so you can’t focus down on it.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I-KP wrote: - Creatures need names. Oh so very often you get attacked by a [blank] which is different from a [blank] because it uses magic, and not forgetting the [blank] which has a Touch attack, but you can’t tell whether it was the [blank] or the [blank], or even the[blank] that made the magic attack so you can’t focus down on it.
This is somewhat an ALFA-wide 'feature' that has annoyed me and others to death since ALFA2 began. My biggest pet peeve in the entire project; I hear you.

I promise I will do my best while on the client to rename such to descriptions like 'smallish goblin' 'goblin with staff' 'big goblin' to differentiate between obvious characteristics of common monsters.

Less common monsters may require appropriate knowledge checks*... but still something like 'humanoid with greatsword' 'humanoid with staff' 'humanoid with dagger' makes sense and makes intelligent targeting actually feasible.

*use of the pause button will likely be necessary, but that's far preferable imo to stupidly swinging blindly at random targets. Plus skill checks SHOULD often make a life or death difference in our game.

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Not a problem so far, but I'd prefer if discussions were kept to separate threads. This one is meant to be a reference for builders and DMs to look at to see what players want. To discuss the pros/cons of unnamed monsters, for instance, it may be better to start a new thread on the subject.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. :)
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

I-KP wrote:- Rebuild Calliddyr[sp?] and/or split it into two zones. Current build is super-over-cluttered for one area. Take a leaf from BG on this one re city design: many smaller areas engender a much better sense of city scale.
- More statics. (I don’t play them but most others do.)
- Creatures need names. Oh so very often you get attacked by a [blank] which is different from a [blank] because it uses magic, and not forgetting the [blank] which has a Touch attack, but you can’t tell whether it was the [blank] or the [blank], or even the[blank] that made the magic attack so you can’t focus down on it.
I think it would work to split CC into a DOCKS district and a CASTLE district. This way we could include the cemetery and expand the northeast gate area a bit. We could easily do this with Terracoppa and some clever adjustments for window dressings.

This way we could add more ambient people like in BG, guard patrols, and retain the marvelous wide-spanning feel of the the Caer.
Hyme
Brown Bear

Post by Hyme »

To have all male deep gnomes in the deep gnome city to be bald. To have only male deep gnome guards. To have deep gnome guards to be equip with light picks, darts, hand axe or crossbows. To have Mycaern put into MS.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

More sea based stuff. Areas for ship based encounters. Ship v. ship, ship to shore,.....

also would love to see the inter-island travel portion more obviously ship travel for all areas.

Would like to see the possibility to go from any shore-based area to any other harbor for $$ simulating chartering with the possibility of encounters along the way. :)
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

dergon darkhelm wrote:More sea based stuff. Areas for ship based encounters. Ship v. ship, ship to shore,.....

also would love to see the inter-island travel portion more obviously ship travel for all areas.

Would like to see the possibility to go from any shore-based area to any other harbor for $$ simulating chartering with the possibility of encounters along the way. :)
I actually had a third encounter semi-planned today Dergon that would've used a different area for ship vs ship... just didn't have time to fit it in as it probably would've been the most challenging to set up/run/rp logistically out of the three. But someday you shall see it!

Also, someone's going to need to get access to water breathing spells someday. 8)

Hyme
Brown Bear

Post by Hyme »

dergon darkhelm wrote:More sea based stuff. Areas for ship based encounters. Ship v. ship, ship to shore,.....

+1
Darkmystic
Owlbear

Post by Darkmystic »

Random events on the roads like TSM got. All from meeting a merchant on the roads from getting ambused by 1-3 critters.
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Very much this ^^

It's a very fun excitement when that screen pops when a random encounter occurs on TSM overland.

Even on "Safe roads", things can happen! :P