DM and Player Props

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

shad0wfax
DM Admin

Re: DM and Player Props

Post by shad0wfax »

Ithildur wrote:Wrong thread? You guys meant to post in the BG forums I'm guessing...
Wrong forum sorry! I thought this was a global kudos area and didn't realize that it was MS specific. I blame active topics listing.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

I am not playing on MS at the moment. However, i think props to Arianna are due for the work on statics and content on server.

Wynna came in and did the same on TSM - fixed the (many) statics and added more. That with largely 1 additional live DM and a bit of player-drive was largely responsible for the renaissance in TSM . Hopefully we see the same in MS!

I'll lead of with my alt there i think
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Thanks for the fun last night; it was great to see a half dozen folks' toons and get to have live adventuar for the first time in quite a while! Kudos to the players and Arri.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Thanks and props to Arri for that bit of long overdue character focused RP - almost forced me to have Aglaril roll saves vs moist/glistening eyes! =)

And for being available and awesome in general; I sincerely hope you're enjoying yourself DMing the current crop of folks on MS, as much as I am playing.

Kudos to players as well for RP and for successfully setting free a bunch of [redacted] and chasing BBEG out of his lair! A few loose ends... but we'll get there!

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Thanks to Arri for last night's session, been a long while since I saw an extended dungeon crawl - one that was very well laid out with an appropriately gut-check forcing climax... quite nifty how it ties into the overall plot arc as well. :yeah: :hail:

Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

I too want to thank Arri for the fun last night and on the server as a whole. I had a great time seeing Arizma's spells again being stretched about as thin as they could be.

Kudos to the others involved as well. I think everyone had at least one sphincter-tightening moment or two.

Special props to OT for stepping up to deal with traps. That can be pretty hair-raising and Lunette didn't hesitate a bit. She was almost...heroic. 8)
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Analogkid
Ogre

Post by Analogkid »

Arri to my mind has always been one of the best DMs out there. Last night brought back memories of times a decade ago...

Also, I'm glad you were there OT
"Cast in his unlikely role....ill equipped to act"
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Mick wrote:Special props to OT for stepping up to deal with traps. That can be pretty hair-raising and Lunette didn't hesitate a bit. She was almost...heroic. 8)
+1 :wtg:

orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

Heroic? My character was actually heroic? :cry:

Thanks to Arri as well for giving the opportunity. Though with an 8 hour session I was feeling it all the next day.

Thank you all I love you guys! (Hugs)
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

After another harrowing and tense session filled with tricks and traps and sweat and blood, I want to again praise Arri for what she has been putting together for us. Things have been most enjoyable in these sessions! :D

Also great job from the team. Thanks to everyone who has been taking part!
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I've really been enjoying the group dynamic as well, from the DM to my team mates, and the story as it is unfolding is very interesting.

Thanks all. 8)
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

I've really enjoyed the portrayal of Aglaril. I get a very nice 'elf' vibe from him, of someone that has lived and done things for centuries... It's quite interesting to watch.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

:shock:

Well, he is a very odd mix of some quintessential Elf qualities and... other traits that are not so. Thanks though.

Kudos as always to Arri for her hard work, and for the players for being a very nice bunch.

Kudos to Sai'ok stepping up big time last night at a few key points, coming into his own already... most folks don't realize this but he probably saved Aglaril from a very nasty, possibly even fatal moment.

Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

A belated but very sincere props to DM Arianna. Bu was gone (again) for a long time, and when I came back a month or so ago(?) she accepted him instantly and made very enjoyable and relevant permanent changes to even the server infrastructure based upon and solely for my benefit with regards to Bu and his place on MS. She put up with a “currently” very admittedly cranky Galad0rn, which I swear is situational, and came out smelling like a white mushroom. Adventure on MS has been absolutely exciting the past few months, and I gracefully thank the players and of course Arianna for everything. Bu might be leaving for earthier ground soon, but it’s not because of the non-efforts of Arianna and the current playerbase there.

Thanks again Ari. Hope things get better for me and hope to see you again soon DMing or playing.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

The regular play times have been great. I also like that the story is grander than I can keep up with. Very fun.