Bug Thread

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Bug Thread

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Re: Trishizane

Not recognizing the mushrooms picked on Skaug. (This time I had 10)

Here's the thing that is my best guess for the issue --- There are at least 3 different mushroom items on the Moonshaes server. There are "magpie mushrooms" which randomly spawn via the herb script like that on BG. There are "woodland mushrooms" which spawn in patches (most notably outside Dultann). And finally there are items simply called "mushrooms" which spawn in the jungles on Skaug.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

dergon darkhelm wrote:Re: Trishizane

Here's the thing that is my best guess for the issue --- There are at least 3 different mushroom items on the Moonshaes server. There are "magpie mushrooms" which randomly spawn via the herb script like that on BG. There are "woodland mushrooms" which spawn in patches (most notably outside Dultann). And finally there are items simply called "mushrooms" which spawn in the jungles on Skaug.
Did you Also have 10 of the wolfsbane at the same time?
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Arianna wrote:
dergon darkhelm wrote:Re: Trishizane

Did you Also have 10 of the wolfsbane at the same time?

GAH! NO. I have "the dumb" this week.

Now it works. :wall:

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

IF you know of other quests somewhere else let me know . . its possible there is a quest for husking corn somewhere ,....

Arif Doa Abugran (Skaug Is. Shops ... the wizard of Skaug).

Fire Beetle belly returns fire scripts that says "Improperly configured quest reward, ... contact builder"

dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Trishizane's Trouble with Tribbles

The spawns specific to Trishiazane of Hollowtree seem to be proliferating very quickly. In addition to respawning at their harvest point within what seem to be only a couple of in-game hours or two, they look to be duplicating multiple times at those spawn points.

When I walked out into Skaug jungle area B3 the wolvesbane and mushrooms were surrounded with multiple "remains" which contained duplicates of the herb items.

Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

dergon darkhelm wrote:The spawns specific to Trishiazane of Hollowtree seem to be proliferating very quickly. In addition to repawning at their harvest point within what seem to be only a could of in-game hours or two, they look to be duplicating multiple times at those spawn points.
Probably that the creatures are set to never decay. I think we've talked about that sort before, but I'm still in chat if there's trouble fixing it. I'm mostly responding for the sake of this next item, which I think is going to be new-ish territory for current MS builders...
dergon darkhelm wrote:When I walked out into Skaug jungle area B3 the wolvesbane and mushrooms were surrounded with multiple "remains" which contained duplicates of the herb items.
Sounds like herb placeables that are set to despawn but also have herbs on the blueprints as droppable items already in their inventory, so every time they despawn, they get destroyed and leave their inventories behind in remains (if they weren't harvested for that spawning).

Probably don't want to change the droppable thing (that'd give you cursed mushrooms), so it might be worth taking a look at BG's herb scripts to see handling for item creation in the OnUse event.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

dergon darkhelm wrote:
IF you know of other quests somewhere else let me know . . its possible there is a quest for husking corn somewhere ,....

Arif Doa Abugran (Skaug Is. Shops ... the wizard of Skaug).

Fire Beetle belly returns fire scripts that says "Improperly configured quest reward, ... contact builder"
Thank you

This will be addressed in the next update

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Zelknolf wrote:
dergon darkhelm wrote:The spawns specific to Trishiazane of Hollowtree seem to be proliferating very quickly. In addition to repawning at their harvest point within what seem to be only a could of in-game hours or two, they look to be duplicating multiple times at those spawn points.
Probably that the creatures are set to never decay. I think we've talked about that sort before, but I'm still in chat if there's trouble fixing it. I'm mostly responding for the sake of this next item, which I think is going to be new-ish territory for current MS builders...
dergon darkhelm wrote:When I walked out into Skaug jungle area B3 the wolvesbane and mushrooms were surrounded with multiple "remains" which contained duplicates of the herb items.
Sounds like herb placeables that are set to despawn but also have herbs on the blueprints as droppable items already in their inventory, so every time they despawn, they get destroyed and leave their inventories behind in remains (if they weren't harvested for that spawning).

Probably don't want to change the droppable thing (that'd give you cursed mushrooms), so it might be worth taking a look at BG's herb scripts to see handling for item creation in the OnUse event.
Thank you this will be addressed in the next update

Placeables will have an appropriate script attached so they hand out one item instead of having it in their inventory

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

kid wrote:
dergon darkhelm wrote:Follow up to above re: Moray Isle. I still can't find the AT. I think it's deleted (or maybe moved?). (although I suppose I can't rule out user error as the cause)

PC can't complete mail delivery to Moray or take on other delivery tasks while the Moray delivery remains active.

its a boat captain you speak to in Pontswain

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Re: Koart: Thief in the Hole.

We had some issue tracking the thief in one of his hiding places. 2 Players both had the quest running. We finally got to the room with the thief in it. There he double spawned. Was non-hostile and had no dialgue.

Stroker was there with us ... thinks we missed a trigger ... but we went over the whole area between the most recent prior journal update ("you find some pipe ash on the floor near the doorway") and the room.

----

ps --- Even though this is a bug report I just want to give props for developing such a detailed and extensive quest. It gave us multiple hours of fun to RP around. :)

Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Working on the fix . .hope to have it in by next update

Dude is not suppose to spawn Hostile anyway

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Was playing around with some of the ATs on Alaron.

Started in Alaron Q22s High King's Road. The Western map pin on the Mini-map is titled " To the Swanmay River and Dernal Wood". In game the AT is named "North to Caer Callidyr".

When transitioning from East to West the AT brings you to area P22 Farheit Road.

When transitioning back West to East (using the pin marked "East to Callidyr" on the mini-map and in game AT named "Farheight road East to Callidyr") however, the AT brings you instead to area Q22w Farheit Road.

Best I can tell, once done there is currently no way to get back to area Q22s King's Road Lehigh.

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

The above still holds true; there's no way to get back to Lehigh from Dernal Woods
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Ithildur wrote:The above still holds true; there's no way to get back to Lehigh from Dernal Woods
Now there are east and west exits out from Caer Calidyrr.

One takes you out the Lehigh direction, the other toward Black Stone and White Rock.

Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

one of my AT fixes got messed up when my toolset had a major crash last week I will try to refix it again soon

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin