Bug Thread

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

hollyfant
Staff Head on a Pike - Standards

Re: Bug Thread

Post by hollyfant »

Castano wrote:why hasn't it decayed?
TSM has a whole slew of "persistent" corpses, and a purge has been mounted to finally kill them off. So maybe Curmudgeon can illuminate you on the problem. All I know is they have one thing in common: no corpse item in their inventory.
hollyfant

Post by hollyfant »

The DMFI, PCtools and timed XP scripts are now functioning. Challenge ratings are still visible though.

lowhill interiors - Sami Underhill
  • has a female voiceset.
  • sells scrolls, potions and rings with prices all over the map: I think they are NWN2's defaults instead of ALFA's.
  • has a Returns Bin in the next room, behind a door.
  • has a Returns Bin that doesn't function.
Rion of Erb
Dire Badger

Post by Rion of Erb »

On first try to log onto server I got this message:

"gywneth corwell leatherrworks.trx was downloaded successfully but it cannot be verified."
Rion of Erb
Current PC on TSM: Zion
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

Rion of Erb wrote:On first try to log onto server I got this message:

"gywneth corwell leatherrworks.trx was downloaded successfully but it cannot be verified."
weird...this issue happened to one other person, but it was a different, non-existing area.

Can you try again? I am able to log in.
On playing together: http://www.giantitp.com/articles/tll307 ... 6efFP.html
Useful resource: http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

On bad governance: "I intend to bring democracy to this nation, and if anybody stands in my way I will crush him and his family."
You're All a Bunch of Damn Hippies
Rion of Erb
Dire Badger

Post by Rion of Erb »

Well I tried several times after posting my problem, with no luck. But I just tried again after your post Castano, and it seems to be going through the proper motions now, I will update this post once / if I get in.

Your post must of had some magical mojo.

EDIT: Downloaded content and logged in just fine!
Rion of Erb
Current PC on TSM: Zion
davidcurtisjr
Orc Champion

Post by davidcurtisjr »

alpha talko2.acr cannot be confirmed on log in.
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
f thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, THOU SHALT BE SAVED."
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

That should be fixed now david. We just put the module on the new alfa haks/tlk files.

On bad governance: "I intend to bring democracy to this nation, and if anybody stands in my way I will crush him and his family."
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

The bug list below has been fixed.

hollyfant wrote:It might be deliberate, but the Start Area Merchant sells no healing potions and no exotic weaponry. His Returns Bin talks, saying things like "Could not find an owner for Light Shield" and refuses to pay up. Since the merchant himself has a 100% buyback rate, the bin is superfluous anyway.

A more serious issue is that none of the OOC widgets are handed out to starting characters: No DMFI tool, no First Aid Kit. The character options "PC Tools" and "DMFI UI" don't work either.

Timed XP scripts are either not present, or not functioning.

gwynneth corwell town
  • The Corwell Guards all look the same - perhaps if they wore hats or helmets it wouldn't be so noticeable. More importantly, they fail to go hostile when attacked.
  • There's a nameless, dialogueless woman with a bow at the north end of town.
  • Many of the usable but non-transitioning doors are doubled: opening them reveals a second door in the same frame.
  • There are no guards stationed at the north gate.
  • Áine has a male voice. Neither she nor Aeron Morieth has a dialogue.
  • The town square still has gold up for grabs.
  • There are no guards stationed at the north gate.
  • Sigrid has a male voice and no dialogue.
  • At night, Northmen spawned instead of Ffolk.
  • The door to the Jeweler's does not have a transition.
gwynneth corwell interiors - the stables are devoid of livestock or stablehands. The doors to the outside of the stables stretch when opened, and overlap when closing.
gwynneth corwell leatherworks - Master Paine's challenge rating is showing, and so are his toes. His Returns Bin doesn't work.
gwynneth corwell armorer - Corwin Smythe sells a few default NWN2 helmets, which grants a +1 to concentration for a mere 19gp. In fact, several of his armours are oddly priced too.
gwynneth corwell shops - Cweneth Yewman sells his crossbow below market prices. His buyback rate is appalling too, but that could be intentional.
gwynneth corwell chapel
  • The emblem of Tyr is prominently on display - isn't this a chapel to the Earthmother though? No other indication of the deity this place is dedicated to is available: no further visible cues nor dialogue items.
  • Friar Bobo sells no holy symbols. Come to think of it, nobody does. He sells no scrolls either, just potions and lot of weapons. And he offers only to sell stuff, not to cast spells or accept offerings.
  • The Acolytes have no voice and no dialogue.
gwynneth corwell bard store
  • William Spear has no boots. He sells only the default NWN2 instruments, which cannot be used by anyone but bards and don't have the music scripts attached.
  • One of the corners is missing a pillar, and the Ethereal Plane is visible there.
A possible problem: I found a corpse without a corpse item. It may be a glitch though.
Really all I wrote:Basic ALFA scripts are missing or malfunctioning.

Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

hollyfant wrote:The DMFI, PCtools and timed XP scripts are now functioning. Challenge ratings are still visible though.

lowhill interiors - Sami Underhill
  • has a female voiceset. FIXED
  • sells scrolls, potions and rings with prices all over the map: I think they are NWN2's defaults instead of ALFA's. I swapped the potions, but we have no alfa scrolls or light rings i can find to swap for those low level wizard scrolls and light rings - they cost my test PC around 100 gp...is that too low?
  • has a Returns Bin in the next room, behind a door. - returns bin is in the store section where his assitant also sells gear
  • has a Returns Bin that doesn't function. - swapped returns bin for a new one

These fixes will appear in the next version of the beta module which goes up next week - please find more errors to fix, and thank you for your time & efforts.

hollyfant

Post by hollyfant »

Castano wrote:light rings - they cost my test PC around 100 gp...is that too low?
No, that's the correct (minimum) pricing for a ring with short range light. I guess in my zeal I started assuming everything would be wrong...
Brother Humphrey
Kosher Kojak

Post by Brother Humphrey »

I'm getting the alfa...acr02.tlk file error message. downloaded but can't be verified, yada yada yada
<paazin> Elves I bet are kinda fun to play.
<BH|werksux> I prefer the trumpet or clarinet
<BH|werksux> elves wiggle too much

Current Server: TSM

Current PC: Delshandra
Pwned PCs: Lemuel,Skimmer,Clevon,Juno,Gilbert,BH,Dunkin,Osk & Rodney

Current Status: Highly Mobile
Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

Brother Humphrey wrote:I'm getting the alfa...acr02.tlk file error message. downloaded but can't be verified, yada yada yada
Craptastic.

I will check the module resource allcoation and the module.xml file.

Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

hollyfant wrote:
Castano wrote:light rings - they cost my test PC around 100 gp...is that too low?
No, that's the correct (minimum) pricing for a ring with short range light. I guess in my zeal I started assuming everything would be wrong...

Ok - Curm was kind enough to send over a batch of alfa scrolls w/ the correct opricing - so those are in the store and the old scrolls are gone. I have edited the light ring to be 5m and 100gp. You were right initially holly, as the nwn2 default costs around 100gp and has a range of 15m.

Pricing is about 100gp per 5m of light.

Castano
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Castano »

ok potion pricing is now fixed in the build module (but not live yet)

I had to adjust alfa's base mod blueprint standard prices to actually be standard. e.g. we have clw set to 100gp as a base price.

Anyways...expect to see all the temple stores updated. The base scroll pricing for the alfa scrolls I imported looked fine...but I did not check them with a magnifying glass as I assume that alfa content is priced correctly.

NickD
Beholder

Post by NickD »

Castano wrote:ok potion pricing is now fixed in the build module (but not live yet)
I guess I shouldn't have made a note of all the potions being around 2-2.5 times the price I'd have expected then.. :oops:

Bugs:
Contrev Keat
* Megrath: Sell a flute only useable by bards and harpers. TSM use to sell musical instruments playable by all that could actually be programmed to play music.

Gwynneth Kingsbay Town
* I'd expect the AT to Calidyr (Should be 2 ls. I can't remember if I wrote it down incorrectly, or if the AT spelling is wrong) to be on the dock.
* The map pin for the inn says "Silver Salmon Inn". The area name of the inn is "Gwynneth Corwell Boars Tusk Inn".

Caer Callidyr (correct spelling)
* I'd expect the AT to Kingsbay to be on the docks.
* Bunch of walkmesh issues. Hard to point them out without landmarks.

Lowhill
* Magic Shop: Both Sally and Sami are merchants. I suspect only Sally is supposed to be one.
* Weapons and Arms shop: An internal door into the shop (from the north tunnel) is only on one side of the wall.
* Weapons and Armoury shop: Map pin is "Hin Garb & Sundries"
* Temple: AT from outside doesn't seem to work (works the other way).

Corwell Grove
* Is that treant supposed to be hostile? Or is that the result of the dead PC I saw testing how the treant reacts to being attacked?

Lyrath Forest
* The two caves apart from the pirate cave are unaccessible via walkmesh.

Opinion:
* I love your build of Caer Callidyr! I can't wait to see it finished! I suspect that it would make a better starting area.
* I am rather fond of Lowhill as well. I'd kind of like to see all the armours and clothes there only useable by halflings and gnomes (pricing standards say you can't drop the price and weight for that though).
* Hobbit Hole Inne in Lowhill seems an unusual name for the inn, as halflings are called Hin in Forgotten Realms.
* I would like to see more low level encounter areas. At the moment, there seem to be more towns than encounter areas, and they seem to lean towards the high level scary stuff.
Current PCs:
NWN1: Soppi Widenbottle, High Priestess of Yondalla.
NWN2: Gruuhilda, Tree Hugging Half-Orc