Bug Thread

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

shad0wfax
DM Admin

Re: Bug Thread

Post by shad0wfax »

Alaron Is.: S24E Torriage Wood has three floating trees in the southeast corner of the map.
Spoiler:
Alaron Is.: S24E Torriage Wood Coast has another floating tree on the north side of the map, slightly west of the north AT.
Spoiler:

Alaron Is.: S23 Torriage Wood North has a floating tree at the center of the map, about 2/3 of the way north.
Spoiler:

The terrain and the textures look great. The grass looks great. (I'd actually like to know who built it, because it looks like L3DT was used, and I'm interested in learning the texturing process from L3DT imports using YATT in the NWN2 toolset.)

However, it wouldn't hurt to go through these areas, hide everything in the toolset except for trees, turn off tree leaves, and just view the trunks, and move around fixing heights until they aren't 2 meters above the terrain.

Alaron Is.: S24 Rillifanes Run Int

specifically at Weirdwood El'dan of Rillifane merchant shop. The returns bin is inside of a post, and so part of it is on non-walkable area, so the entire return bin can not be accessed by players. The bin needs to be nudged slightly so that it is in fully walkable and fully baked area in order to be used.

Also, the shadows are too deep in here, and prevent you from seeing the merchant's face. He's right next to my character in the screenshot and he looks almost invisible.
Spoiler:
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

I'm guessing this might've been reported before, but going into the garden/front entrance area of the castle/caer callidyrr will get you trapped, as there is no AT out.

[edit] NM, someone showed me the rope to pull to AT out... not exactly the easiest thing to spot when zoomed out looking around for a way out! :shock:

{edit2} Missing AT on map Gwynneth o34 Llyrath Forest E (it looks like a new area), I'm guessing there should be an AT by the map pin 'To Cantrev O'Malley', there isn't one currently, making the journey from Corwell to Kingsbay then Alaron a one way trip... essentially cuts off Alaron from the rest of the Isles other than Snowdown.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Ithildur wrote:
{edit2} Missing AT on map Gwynneth o34 Llyrath Forest E (it looks like a new area), I'm guessing there should be an AT by the map pin 'To Cantrev O'Malley', there isn't one currently, making the journey from Corwell to Kingsbay then Alaron a one way trip... essentially cuts off Alaron from the rest of the Isles other than Snowdown.

FIXED
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Thanks! :D nice little area by the way.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

danke! A Shoutout to Ariana for her many fixes and improvements in recent weeks btw!

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Minor item, there's an AT near the south-middle portion of the area east of Koart that's erroneously labeled 'East to Kingsbay'. It definitely does not lead east to Kingsbay, could potentially get someone new heading out from Corwell trying to get to Kingsbay/Alarron confused/lost.

[FIXED}

Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Ithildur wrote:Minor item, there's an AT near the south-middle portion of the area east of Koart that's erroneously labeled 'East to Kingsbay'. It definitely does not lead east to Kingsbay, could potentially get someone new heading out from Corwell trying to get to Kingsbay/Alarron confused/lost.

Thank you

That one is already scheduled for the next update as well as a faulty AT in over the Tree in Llyrath Woods

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

A few inn related items posted as reminders:

Boar's Tusk in Corwell, I've a key to one of the rooms that never gets removed from inventory i.e. permanent rental

The Salmon in Kingsbay, the barkeep conversation currently doesn't give you an option to say 'yes I'd like room xyz', only 'No thank you' in response to inquiring about available rooms

Koart Hall I believe doesn't have a functioning restable zone (seems like it's meant to be a restable place, though I'm not entirely sure); I think the inn in Dultann also needs a restable area.

A couple of non-functioning inns in Caer Callydiir:

Cedrick Rollston the barkeep of Twisted Sail Inn in Callydiir says 'welcome to Koart Hall'. Very fancy downstairs, but upstairs isn't linked/completed, hence no rooms available/no restable areas.

Radhammer Blockendale, the dwarven NPC barkeep inside the Wayfarer's Inn (West Callydiir) has no store for either drinks or rooms. There are no restable zones in the rooms upstairs. There's an odd extra/floating door sticking out on the house just south of the Wayfarer's Inn.

Somewhat related minor detail: Callydiir Feasthall Feast Mistress Holly has one of the nicer head models in the game but alas, a man's voiceset!

The Mage's Council NPC has a working convo/scroll store but the store inventory is empty.

Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Ithildur wrote:
Boar's Tusk in Corwell, I've a key to one of the rooms that never gets removed from inventory i.e. permanent rental
You have a old key it does work correctly with all new keys given
Ithildur wrote: Koart Hall I believe doesn't have a functioning restable zone (seems like it's meant to be a restable place, though I'm not entirely sure)
Area of open grass to the Merchants left is rest-able you do need a survival check to use it though

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

The Silver Salmon barkeep conversation works great now for renting rooms, but after paying for rooms it turns out they don't have restable areas in them (tried 2 rooms, 1 and 3 were both unrestable).

Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Everything previous to now has been addressed in the build

Once MS is back . . . . . .

Please continue hunting for bugs

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

Post by johnlewismcleod »

Just checked on Brannor Battlearm (merchant in Kingsbay)...still no dialogue for the flour fetch quest.
I seek plunder....and succulent greens

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

Retired PC's: Torquil, Gwenevere
Former PC's: Rugo, Flora, Rory Mor
johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

There are three Stablemasters Liam in the Corwell stables

[Wynna] Chula Lysander: [Talk] *Shakes head* I've been in worse situations. He was just....unjoyful! *stomps foot*

johnlewismcleod
Dungeon Master

K25 Oman's Is: Iron Keep Interiors

Two visible interiors of the Iron Keep Bowyer...one is accessible, one isn't.

Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

johnlewismcleod wrote:K25 Oman's Is: Iron Keep Interiors

Two visible interiors of the Iron Keep Bowyer...one is accessible, one isn't.
not quite sure what you mean ....

the bowyer is just a simple 1 room 2 tile affair

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin