Bug Thread

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: Bug Thread

Post by Ithildur »

dergon darkhelm wrote:
Ithildur wrote:The above still holds true; there's no way to get back to Lehigh from Dernal Woods
Now there are east and west exits out from Caer Calidyrr.

One takes you out the Lehigh direction, the other toward Black Stone and White Rock.
Yes, but that doesn't address the issue...
Arianna wrote:one of my AT fixes got messed up when my toolset had a major crash last week I will try to refix it again soon
I figured it got fixed and reverted somehow.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Ithildur wrote:
dergon darkhelm wrote:
Ithildur wrote:The above still holds true; there's no way to get back to Lehigh from Dernal Woods
Now there are east and west exits out from Caer Calidyrr.

One takes you out the Lehigh direction, the other toward Black Stone and White Rock.
Yes, but that doesn't address the issue...
Arianna wrote:one of my AT fixes got messed up when my toolset had a major crash last week I will try to refix it again soon
I figured it got fixed and reverted somehow.
Should be traverseble now though things have moved
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Lyrath Forest interior (the mines the kobolds seem to be guarding) does not have a working AT exit. Currently trapped inside.

Always knew kobolds were dastardly and clever at setting traps, but this takes the cake.

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

A few more:

Nestaur the Rope Maker in WD does not have a store (his convo works fine)
Red Gauntlet seems to double spawn Daunt Buirune (barkeep?), neither has convo
Sleeping Snake has 2 dancers described as 'definitely some orcish blood in this one', one has HO model, the other seems to be a dwarf.
Pelavuir's Counter: NPC doesn't have a convo
Full Sails: Naimy the barkeep has a male voiceset. The AT/door that transitions you from 2nd floor to 1st is too close/inside one of the rooms; i.e. to return to the 1st floor from 2nd I initially had to enter the room to click on the door object within that room.

There's a 'wall stairs' interactionable/highlightable object across the street from the Copper Cup festhall; clicking on it does nothing, but one can effectively hide oocly within the stairs by walking into it.

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Kudos for the fix!

Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Ithildur wrote:A few more:

Nestaur the Rope Maker in WD does not have a store (his convo works fine)
Red Gauntlet seems to double spawn Daunt Buirune (barkeep?), neither has convo
Sleeping Snake has 2 dancers described as 'definitely some orcish blood in this one', one has HO model, the other seems to be a dwarf.
Pelavuir's Counter: NPC doesn't have a convo
Full Sails: Naimy the barkeep has a male voiceset. The AT/door that transitions you from 2nd floor to 1st is too close/inside one of the rooms; i.e. to return to the 1st floor from 2nd I initially had to enter the room to click on the door object within that room.

There's a 'wall stairs' interactionable/highlightable object across the street from the Copper Cup festhall; clicking on it does nothing, but one can effectively hide oocly within the stairs by walking into it.
I think I have these fixed now

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Ithildur wrote:Lyrath Forest interior (the mines the kobolds seem to be guarding) does not have a working AT exit. Currently trapped inside.

Always knew kobolds were dastardly and clever at setting traps, but this takes the cake.
Fixed

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

Mortacia, the verdantly-clad druid on the Moonwell Patrol on Gwynneth does not seem to have a conversation. I believe I hit all of the checkpoints and my journal says the next task is to check in with the druid.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Mick wrote:Mortacia, the verdantly-clad druid on the Moonwell Patrol on Gwynneth does not seem to have a conversation. I believe I hit all of the checkpoints and my journal says the next task is to check in with the druid.
Thats very weird she should have something to say even if your not on a quest

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

There is an item sold in Corwell (Area Named: M34nw Corwell Shops: Gwynneth) by the NPC Sparkle Caowen called a Luckstone. It's an amulet that sells for 15,005gp, with the following properties (and more):

The Bad Strref +1s are either skills we don't use or changed or... I don't know how it works. It's just a broken item.

Also, the final dungeon for the static quest "Koart: Thief in the Hole" seems to spawn enemies based on players. If you have two players, you will get twice the amount of spawns for each trigger. They also have double-spawns for all static, non-triggered NPCs (this even includes the Halfling NPC if you are not on the quest but find him with additional players). I'm sorry I don't have the area name on-hand, it's a bit dangerous for my PC to go there on her own (it shares the same interior as the Lighthouse)
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Magile wrote:There is an item sold in Corwell (Area Named: M34nw Corwell Shops: Gwynneth) by the NPC Sparkle Caowen called a Luckstone. It's an amulet that sells for 15,005gp, with the following properties (and more):

The Bad Strref +1s are either skills we don't use or changed or... I don't know how it works. It's just a broken item.

Also, the final dungeon for the static quest "Koart: Thief in the Hole" seems to spawn enemies based on players. If you have two players, you will get twice the amount of spawns for each trigger. They also have double-spawns for all static, non-triggered NPCs (this even includes the Halfling NPC if you are not on the quest but find him with additional players). I'm sorry I don't have the area name on-hand, it's a bit dangerous for my PC to go there on her own (it shares the same interior as the Lighthouse)
I will fix the bad item asap thank you
I will check the spawns there I know there are spawns that are always there and ones that spawn but if they are double spawning I can fix that as well for the quest getting the main guy to spawn and be good for multiple party members I will ahve to see if I can adjust

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Mick wrote:Mortacia, the verdantly-clad druid on the Moonwell Patrol on Gwynneth does not seem to have a conversation. I believe I hit all of the checkpoints and my journal says the next task is to check in with the druid.
can you check and see if this works now?

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

I actually did a couple of days back and it appears to be fixed. Thanks!
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

Area Lowhill: The Magicke Shop/Shoppe

Ring of Lockpicking has +5 Open Locks and also Knock 1 / day.

The price in-game is 3,250 GP.

However, the price of +5 open locks is (5^2) * 1000 = 2500

The price of Knock (2) (CL 3) 1/day = 2 * 3 * 360 = 2160

So the items combined are 2500 + 1.5 * 2160 = 5740

The item is being sold improperly at 2,490 less than it should be.

I suggest looking over all of the items in the server for this type of pricing discrepancy.
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

King Thelgaar Ironhand III of the troll head quest only accepts one head at a time.

However, I turned in 7 heads, lost items in my inventory accordingly, but inadvertently kept spamming report back to turn in heads.

I gained 14 sets of 7 xp (98 total) and 14 sets of 2 gp (28 total) after having turned in all heads.

The bug was not repeatable by other PCs nor was it repeatable after breaking from dialog.

Lily owes MS DM 98 XP and 28 GP

Image.
Last edited by shad0wfax on Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.