Bug Thread

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderator: NWN2 - 09 DM

FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Re: Bug Thread

Post by FoamBats4All »

shad0wfax wrote:King Thelgaar Ironhand III of the troll head quest only accepts one head at a time.

However, I turned in 7 heads, lost items in my inventory accordingly, but inadvertently kept spamming report back to turn in heads.

I gained 14 sets of 7 xp (98 total) and 14 sets of 2 gp (28 total) after having turned in all heads.

The bug was not repeatable by other PCs nor was it repeatable after breaking from dialog.

Lily owes MS DM 98 XP and 28 GP.
Fixed the bug. Up to a DM to remove the XP/GP.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

shad0wfax wrote:

Lily owes MS DM 98 XP and 28 GP.
Fixed the bug. Up to a DM to remove the XP/GP.[/quote]

Taken
Current NWN2 PC: TSM- Lessa

HDM of Moonshae Server DM on BG
Builder Everywhere
DM times - 6:30-10 PM Saturdays PDT on MS . . other times as I show up
PM me on Discord if you want to be DMd on BG I have Monday nights available
Talk to me if you want to learn to build for NWN2

Tech Admin
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Deldin Bearheart in R34 Westphal Interiors 1: Snowden is purchasing things at 40% of their value.

My Gloves of Dexterity he offers 400gp for (normal price is 1,000gp).
My necklace, which grants Darkvision and +1 Reflex, he offers 3434gp for (I purchased this item for roughly 4200gp).

I point this out not to say the Blacksmith is wrong, but the fact that my PC's necklace seems to have doubled in value (which would dramatically change my wealth levels, possibly?) from what she purchased it for, and the 4200gp is roughly correct. I highly doubt it's worth the 8500+gp that this merchant would suggest is its value.

The necklace in question is called "Sly Bone Charm".

edit: I actually OVERPAID for the necklace, but that's not the point. I discovered why it is selling for so much

It grants the Feat, then also says Darkvision, meaning it's doubling up on the same property.
Part of ALFA since May 2000.
NWN 2 PC (BG): Layali Mae (Arcane Trickster)
NWN 2 PC (MS): Marius Lobhdain (Druid)
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Issue figured out
was not exploitable and fixed for next update

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

The NPC in the center of Rillifane's Rest/temple area (Weirwood El'dan of Rillifane) now spawns, but lacks a store in spite of his convo suggesting he should have one.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

The ATs in the Callidyrr dock area do not seem to be working.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Mick wrote:The ATs in the Callidyrr dock area do not seem to be working.
It's also AT's at various other locations, not sure if there's rhyme or reason to it... I found 2 dead ATs in myrloch vale (the nw one leading to High Home and the western one), people are reporting some ATs in Corwell non functional.

Also areas seem to be reporting Party PvP settings
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

MS ATS and PVP settings SHOULD be working again

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

M34ne Koart: Monsters double spawn, about a minute apart from their death.

Kingsbay: Patrol to Corwell has multiple firing of the script as you patrol, allowing you to bypass any hostile spawns/threats you would normally have to deal with, as seen here:
Curmudgeon in IRC wrote:(2:29:40 PM) Curmudgeon: The community wants 24/7 DM coverage, free xp, and a suit of mithral plate mail in every pchest.
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

M33 Fens of the Fallen:Gwynneth
Monsters that spawn within the swampy areas do not seem to "aggro" the character. You can walk up to them and they will not even begin to strike. Badgers and a Werewolf-like monster both just stood there blankly. An ogre; however, which spawned on land (may be coincidence?) would give chase.

M28 Winterglain Forest: Gwynneth
All monsters respawn once immediately after being killed.

(Quest) Moonwell[Morticia]: Making Magic
If you are in a party when handing in the "Heartwood, Blackened" to Odessha, she will give all party members on that step credit (XP) and their journal entry will change; however, she will only take items from the person who speaks to them, and likewise only give the quest reward (for a follow-up chain) to the person who spoke. This can be continued as a group to hand in; however, it also means only one person actually has to have the items.

edit follow-up: Moonwell[Morticia] Making Magic keeps the quest, upon full completion (in Kingsbay), remains in your active quest log for your Journal and does not move to the completed tab.
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Magile wrote:M33 Fens of the Fallen:Gwynneth
Monsters that spawn within the swampy areas do not seem to "aggro" the character. You can walk up to them and they will not even begin to strike. Badgers and a Werewolf-like monster both just stood there blankly. An ogre; however, which spawned on land (may be coincidence?) would give chase.
HOPEFULLY FIXED at next update
Magile wrote: M28 Winterglain Forest: Gwynneth
All monsters respawn once immediately after being killed.
Magile wrote:
(Quest) Moonwell[Morticia]: Making Magic
If you are in a party when handing in the "Heartwood, Blackened" to Odessha, she will give all party members on that step credit (XP) and their journal entry will change; however, she will only take items from the person who speaks to them, and likewise only give the quest reward (for a follow-up chain) to the person who spoke. This can be continued as a group to hand in; however, it also means only one person actually has to have the items.
WILL SEE WHAT I CAN DO WITH THIS
Magile wrote: edit follow-up: Moonwell[Morticia] Making Magic keeps the quest, upon full completion (in Kingsbay), remains in your active quest log for your Journal and does not move to the completed tab.

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Arianna
Tech Admin

Post by Arianna »

Magile wrote:M34ne Koart: Monsters double spawn, about a minute apart from their death.
SHOULD BE FIXED AT NEXT UPDATE
Magile wrote: Kingsbay: Patrol to Corwell has multiple firing of the script as you patrol, allowing you to bypass any hostile spawns/threats you would normally have to deal with, as seen here:
This one will take me a bit longer to fix

Builder Everywhere

Tech Admin
Magile
Otyugh

Post by Magile »

Alaron Is.: S23 Torriage Wood North is currently flagged as No PVP area.
Alaron Is.: S24W Torriage Wood North is currently flagged as No PVP area.
Tamlin
Shambling Zombie

Post by Tamlin »

Hey we're having a problem with the bear quest from Corwell. We enter the bear cave, proc the quest notification that says we spot the remains of a kill, there must be a bear nearby, but then when we find and kill the bear... Nothing. We go back to the tanner afterwards trying to hand in the quest and he says, "have you killed that bear yet?" And there's no option to say yes. Help?
"My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea."
-Tommy Douglas, probably about gnomes
Tamlin
Shambling Zombie

Post by Tamlin »

The bug quest in Corwell Town on the Gwynnyth Isle isn't working. You go and talk to her and she says "are you here to collect the bounty?" And your only option is no. However walking to the bug cave procced the quest to go check out the pile inside of the shed, which I went and did, which then told me to go talk to the herbalist again. However, upon talking to her, again all she says is "are you here to collect the bounty?" I don't even have the bounty quest. Not sure why this is happening.
"My friends, watch out for the little fellow with an idea."
-Tommy Douglas, probably about gnomes