Applying for DM/HDM, who can play?

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

Rick7475
Haste Bear

Applying for DM/HDM, who can play?

Post by Rick7475 »

Pending approval from DMA, I hope to DM or be the HDM. I am talking to the former Daggerford NWN1 DM's to see if they want to help or play. We will see.

I have roamed around TSM for a few hours tonight and see that my static quests are still there and much of my interior/exterior handi-work is still there.

I would like to know how many players are interested in a regular weekly EST session and / or adhoc sessions like we did on Daggerford. I don't care what level your PC is, everyone is invited. I am generally good aligned.

We would also need a central location / town for all the action, maybe Silverymoon, I am open for suggestions.

As soon as I get permission, it is a go.

Post if interested and your best time of the week.
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Re: Applying for DM/HDM, who can play?

Post by Twin Axes »

Interested! I'm on Euro time (GMT+1), so what works for me is US East Coast mornings and afternoons. This usually means weekends.

I have a dwarf Ftr2/Cl2/R2 fwiw.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

I'm in. I'm US East based but don't stay up late like I used to, so people think of me more like a Euro for timing.

The ideal slots for me are early morning weekends (wake up and play before RL slaps me in the face) and "happy hour" evening weekdays. (Start around 6pm and finish by 10-11pm).

That said, I'm an onlder guy with a lot of RL.... I will fit in as I can and be happy with whatever works to drive the greatest group enjoyment and push server numbers I up. I'll be happy with RP around the edges if players are logged in :)

I have 2 PCs that could fit. Both are good aligned.I am planning to use Toraedhien Starspire (Wood elf, Rngr7/Ftr 1 .. working toward PrC SD)

If somehow the thingwill be bloodbath dungeon crawl campaign and the party needed lots of muscle, I also have Bhaerynden Steelcrag (Dwarf, Ftr 11, tank) that could be that be swapped in early.
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

Depending on the time and day determined; I could be interested in some TSM fun. :-) I forgot to mention; I'm on PST.
Last edited by ImStrokerAce on Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

I might be keen to join in. I have a low-level (ftr3/rog1) PC and a higher level (sorc), depending on which you prefer.
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
doublejay_1
Kobold Footpad

Post by doublejay_1 »

I'd love to jump into some action on TSM if times work out for me and RL.

JJ
Azikar - Lvl 1
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

:lol:
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

doublejay_1 wrote:I'd love to jump into some action on TSM if times work out for me and RL.

JJ
Azikar - Lvl 1
I will have to try my hardest not to meta-game all the old Earthspurs Azikar stuff.

Yar, Azikar and ... what was Nico's weaponsmaster PC name? .... We all came up together and it was a blast :)
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Met Azikar (IC) yesterday. Bit of a nutjob, but very well welcomed by Rhone and Ptolem at High Hold.

Hope to see more of him!
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Curm is still HDM and can be contacted in chat, via email or (if you don't mind a bit more of a wait) via PM here. As he has expressed no desire to step down, I find it disrespectful that you would go straight to the DMA and attempt to be given his position without even talking to him first.

I do not oppose your DMing on the server, despite my long standing reservations, because it would be a benefit to the players to have another active DM here. I do oppose your attempt to supplant Curm using the excuse "he isn't around" despite others telling you numerous times that is not the case.
Veilan
Lead Admin

Post by Veilan »

I can play the occasional Euro morning / Aussie evening and would love to see another DM on TSM.

I would agree with Swift that on balance there's nothing objectionable about Curm's HDMship, and would think that if there were, his EADM would be asked first (even though he's a confirmed mook with no penchant for diplomacy).
The power of concealment lies in revelation.
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Veilan wrote:I would agree with Swift that on balance there's nothing objectionable about Curm's HDMship, and would think that if there were, his EADM would be asked first (even though he's a confirmed mook with no penchant for diplomacy).
I'll 'ave you for that!
Twin Axes
Dungeon Master

Post by Twin Axes »

Swift wrote:Curm is still HDM and can be contacted in chat, via email or (if you don't mind a bit more of a wait) via PM here. As he has expressed no desire to step down, I find it disrespectful that you would go straight to the DMA and attempt to be given his position without even talking to him first.

I do not oppose your DMing on the server, despite my long standing reservations, because it would be a benefit to the players to have another active DM here. I do oppose your attempt to supplant Curm using the excuse "he isn't around" despite others telling you numerous times that is not the case.
How about showing a little more graciousness to someone who's actually offering to put in some time and effort to rescue our dying hobby? The abrasiveness of this place is one of the things that drives people away.
"[T]he dwarvern people, are machine-like, and it is impossible to reason with a machine." - Susana
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

Rick,

Thank you for your interest in breathing more life into A Land Far Away; I appreciate your enthusiasm.

The DMA replaces the HDM of a server only if the HDM of the server resigns or is removed as a DM for misconduct by the DMA. Curmudgeon is the long-serving HDM of TSM with a fine reputation for both conduct and responsiveness to messages and has not resigned.

Applications to join the DM team are handled by the DMA, which is me for the moment. Approval to DM on a server is granted by the HDM of the server. Requests to DM on TSM should be sent to Curmudgeon for his approval. Should Curmudgeon accept your request to DM on TSM, I will add you to the provisional DM usergroup and discuss further details via Private Message.

Thank you.
Rick7475
Haste Bear

Post by Rick7475 »

I am not trying to usurp anything. I have sent PM's and I have been checking for Curm everyday on chat. I chatted with Arrianne to see if she could contact him. I apologize for any mixed signals.