Restore existing content...

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

Dorn
Haste Bear

Restore existing content...

Post by Dorn »

Big selfish request.

Is there any chance that with the retaking of Settlestone, the old quest giver could be re-instated? There were 4-5 challenging statics out of Settlestone and it would be good to get out teeth into them (note for the unwary, they are against big and strong barbarians that hit VERY hard). I assume the giver and scripts are all existing and just need to be respawned.

If the DM team would like some interiors built or something to help, I'd be happy to do so.

I wait with anticipation for fourthpeak to be retaken, and Hrafan to be respawned, as well for that staticy goodness.
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Re: Restore existing content...

Post by HEEGZ »

If the infestation is still running, and I assume it is, then it will keep replacing the spawns with enemies. Once the infestation is done, then functionality should be restored for these guys and others. Will try to get up to speed with JLM, but haven't seen him for a couple days.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

Of course, for fouthpeak though the infestation doesn't extend to Settlestone.

Note there were no goblins in Fourthpeak last week three separate occasions....not sure if that's calm before the storm though with you sneaky DMs!!!!
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Request granted. Not sure where Hrafen spawns, but the NPC guards have made their way back and are cleaning up the mess now.
Audark
Owlbear

Post by Audark »

Hrafen Jye is the fourthpeak fort quest giver, always enjoyed her character up there. I can't rememebr who always brought her to life for me, likely JLM, but she was great and I hope to see her alive and well.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

All of the named NPCs left as refugees to the Gem, High Hold, etc. They have been slowly making their way back and returning to their former haunts. The goblin attacks are no longer so forward, but they occasionally attack in force throughout the region.

[edit]
Hrafen Jye et al are back.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Dorn wrote:Is there any chance that with the retaking of Settlestone, the old quest giver could be re-instated? There were 4-5 challenging statics out of Settlestone and it would be good to get out teeth into them (note for the unwary, they are against big and strong barbarians that hit VERY hard)....
The only possible issue... Is that those barbarian tribes were destroyed, I think, in the last orc war (Blame OGR I think? :P)

So there might be a need to change some of the statics or something... :/
(could probably just replace it with tribe spirts that were in abundance after that war or something,

But still might require rescriptiing that I don't know who can do atm.

Good news about Jye though.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

The tribes are never destroyed by a mere Orc horde! For a Millenia, Long before the towns of the vale existed, and long after they are dust, the families have melted away into the south and hidden places while the Braves face the Orc as the first line of war before the civilised southerners even think to muster their armies. Then when all is done, they return, and regrow...nursing the hate for the Orc and the weak city city-born that even with all their numbers are always too late and too weak to stop the horde before it begins.

Uthgardt got the win.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

I defer my judgement to the DMs...
To the best of my IC knowledge they were all destroyed, some horrible soul extracting ritual,
But im obviously fine either way.

Edit: When I say all I don't mean all the tribes obviously... It was just the black ravens (I think...)

Double Edit:
And even if a few survived they certainly have not regrown in 5 years... or have the numbers to be the SS "bad guy".
So still, might be a need for reworking... Though I wouldn't mind a few statics now that im back in the euro zone.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

The Black Raven Tribesfolk inhabiting the area around Settlestone were all destroyed in my Sons of Obould campaign. However, as DM I never intended for the entire Black Raven tribe in all of Faerun to be destroyed. For a while after the SoO campaign Curm had the spirits of the Black Ravens haunting the area. I have not seen those of late, but I have seen a few living Black Raven tribesman spawned. It is Curm's call obviously, but from my perspective as the DM who ran the campaign I would be fine with a new set of Black Raven (or other tribe) migrating to this area from other parts of the North and reclaiming it. Tension between them and Settlestone might actually be a fun thing for a TSM DM to pick up.

I will point out that there is also currently a Rivermoot quest that requires you to report to the dwarf inside Settlestone, but that NPC seems to be gone as the interiors are no longer accessible.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

oldgrayrogue wrote:The Black Raven Tribesfolk inhabiting the area around Settlestone were all destroyed in my Sons of Obould campaign. However, as DM I never intended for the entire Black Raven tribe in all of Faerun to be destroyed. For a while after the SoO campaign Curm had the spirits of the Black Ravens haunting the area. I have not seen those of late, but I have seen a few living Black Raven tribesman spawned. It is Curm's call obviously, but from my perspective as the DM who ran the campaign I would be fine with a new set of Black Raven (or other tribe) migrating to this area from other parts of the North and reclaiming it. Tension between them and Settlestone might actually be a fun thing for a TSM DM to pick up.
I'm pretty sure they are spawning, or they were last time I checked. If this is the case, seems like a plausible explanation. Remnants, or distant relatives of the former tribespeople or something. *waves hands*
oldgrayrogue wrote:I will point out that there is also currently a Rivermoot quest that requires you to report to the dwarf inside Settlestone, but that NPC seems to be gone as the interiors are no longer accessible.
The interiors are there, or were earlier this summer. It may be there is a door AT not working. I can hop people through the doors if someone wants to check them out. In fact, I think I did this for someone earlier in the year...