P Storage

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

Ithildur
Dungeon Master

P Storage

Post by Ithildur »

Apparently the recent p storage woes have affected TSM as well; I had Regas helping me try and clear out Aglaril's dorm room (since I DM here now) and found out everything's gone.

Might not impact too many other folks since I'm probably one of a small handful of players with PCs that have had P storage on tsm, but something to be aware of.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Regas
ALFA Representative

Re: P Storage

Post by Regas »

Ith has a few important items and was able to find them in logs, if there are no objections I can use the logs to fix what he's lost.
Game spy ID: Regas Seive
GMT -5(EST)
Galadorn
Haste Bear

Post by Galadorn »

Gratz Ith! This is cool! I hope (someday - not even asking - don't care - not being sarcastic - don't even really care if my chest gets refilled - no need to flame - i know wrong server - no need to read any further if you're an ass) we also can get some logs checked for the several other people that lost full PChests of stuff on other servers that mentioned it weeks/months ago too.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Or perhaps you could even become a DM yourself and do exactly that!

Wow! really I can do that?! where do I sign in?!
^^ That should be your response.

As long as your not willing to do that, I really can't see how you expect anyone else to do that for you. (Not to say no one will, but seriously it's just ridiculous to expect something while unwilling to do it ever. It's like expecting your woman to go down on you and never do it yourself. What kinda jerk does that? >.<)

The end.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
Brokenbone
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Brokenbone »

I get the sense that something has broken down ALFA wide about pchests.

I used to play like a complete pack rat, surplus or trophy items kept, now I assume pchests are unreliable so it's "liquidate everything spare."

There's a couple different kinds of logs in the project I gather, think the web based one has a warning about searches more than 6 mo back impact some db performance? Though I figure logs of a more detailed nature are on host boxes too. Don't know, never interacted closely enough with an nwn2 host.
ALFA NWN2 PCs: Rhaggot of the Bruised-Eye, and Bamshogbo
ALFA NWN1 PC: Jacobim Foxmantle
ALFA NWN1 Dead PC: Jon Shieldjack

DMA Staff
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

There are better logs, yes, and without information about what they contain tech doesn't have the best tools to respond to whatever is happening.

Perhaps more luck on TSM; I could use the stack from the server logs if it exists.
Regas
ALFA Representative

Post by Regas »

just curious, have we fixed the issue?

My understanding was that we have back-ups? are these not working?

has anyone talked to Curm about restoring back-ups on Silvy?

Thanks
Game spy ID: Regas Seive
GMT -5(EST)
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Galadorn wrote:Gratz Ith! This is cool!

You're congratulating me on losing my stuffz??! :evil: (I've been DMing on tsm since october, what about you? ;) )

Thankfully there are logs going back a year that show 'drop' events of the items into the containers; queries of 'acquire' events from those dates on should reveal they should still be there.

Does anyone else have pstorage in TSM currently? Foam maybe?
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
FoamBats4All
Githyanki

Post by FoamBats4All »

Ithildur wrote:Foam maybe?
Yeah, I might. I think I took -most- of the important stuff out before I went to MS, but I'm not sure.
SwordSaintMusashi
Mook

Post by SwordSaintMusashi »

I do (as Alyra), but I have been unable to check on the status.
Current PCs:
Zova Earth Breaker, Monk of Rasheman
Alyra Ashedown, Knight Commander of Silverymoon
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

Curious, has anything been solved about the P-Chest thing? I just got back, and all the p-chest in my apartment are empty. (bugger it all, had quite a lot there worth). Has anything been solved about the missing stuff? logs etc?

I don't think I checked since august of last year, so I don't have a complete list, and I was moving servers for a while so I can't exactly stick around. And, MI had possession of the one, so I'm only assuming that one is empty.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
Zelknolf

Post by Zelknolf »

There was a fix, but the fix can't correct data that was already lost before. So, some manual restoration of contents is needed if any were important-- though I know most DMs were just giving out the rough gold value of it.
shad0wfax
DM Admin

Post by shad0wfax »

I'll be investigating gonz.0's stuff via logs, if I can. If not, we will use a different solution.
dergon darkhelm
Fionn In Disguise

Post by dergon darkhelm »

Is p-storage on TSM working correctly again?

If so, I would love it if some DM would hook me up with a room/chest at Felbarr :)
PCs: NWN1: Trailyn "Wayfarer" Krast, Nashkel hayseed

NWN2: ??

gsid: merado_1