Tonight's session?

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

Regas
ALFA Representative

Tonight's session?

Post by Regas »

Can someone help me out with the details of the pc death and tech rez?

I need to post all the details for Curm, thanks.
Game spy ID: Regas Seive
GMT -5(EST)
kiyoti
Frost Giant

Re: Tonight's session?

Post by kiyoti »

I was at -8, you paused the game. Then I was at -11 as soon as you un-paused. The skeletons where dead at this point from Xavs turn undead so they weren't pounding on me or anything . It appeared I kept bleeding during the time the game was paused.

Let me know If you need anything else from me sir.
PC
Bozwell "The Dragonheart" of Clan Blackstone, Explorer, Scholar, Knight Draconis

Gamespy: BigDaddyBones
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

From my perspective, Bozwell seemed to go to -8 faster than two rounds. When you unpaused the bleed out was immediate and also not an additional two rounds. The other PC who was downed seemed to function normally, but Bozwell simply went to immediate death with no bleedout occuring. I did not think to take screens of my combat log at the time.
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

I suspect that this dwarf is secretly a gnome!
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

HEEGZ wrote:From my perspective, Bozwell seemed to go to -8 faster than two rounds. When you unpaused the bleed out was immediate and also not an additional two rounds.
He was at -8 soon as he dropped, and immediately got bled out by the '-1 hit point script.

Tech rez completely.
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Does anyone have screenshots of the event, specifically the combat log of these things?

Would go a long way toward debugging that might be necessary.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I didn't screenshot, but I glanced briefly at the combat log. There was a string of 1 negative energy damage being done to Bozwell. I believe it happened to a few others as well, and Damien was also down at this time. Damien was bleeding out normally though. I don't believe Bozwell was finished off by enemy attacks as I had immediately turned undead and I don't think any undead survived past the second round of combat. The entire encounter only lasted 2-4 rounds at the most? We were paused for quite a while, but I only had time to turn undead, then cast a healing spell. Bozwell was in the morgue before the second spell finished casting.
Regas
ALFA Representative

Post by Regas »

I forgot to do a screenshot in the chaos, that would have been a good idea. From my perspective it looked like the pc never hit the floor properly which is why i paused it, then after releasing the pause, the hp bleed seemed to lurch ahead by three points even though healing was done and going into effect.

Please let me know if we need other info.

Thanks,

Regas
GMT -5(EST)
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Maybe he had multiple bleeding loops on him?

If you have two people down and can observe them bleeding at different rates, but both bleeding in the scope of rounds (naturally-stabilized PCs bleed once per hour; that wasn't what was happening it sounds like?), then we can be reasonably sure that one of them was a bug.

Did he hit the ground more than once? DM healing/resetting during the pause or something like that?
Regas
ALFA Representative

Post by Regas »

he was never dm healed, it appeared there were multiple heals going off though i could not tell exactly which round they were hitting.
GMT -5(EST)
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

I believe Bjorn may have healed him the round before I cast Lesser Vigor.
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Bjorn did not heal Boz but I remember Cloud saying her PC did to no effect. I probably have the combat log if you want to see it Zelk. PM me if you want it.
CloudDancing
Ancient Red Dragon

Post by CloudDancing »

Ludmillia healed him with a CLW scroll right just before OR as he was turning into a corpse.