Ithildur's DM plans

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

Heero
Beholder

Re: Ithildur's DM plans

Post by Heero »

Sure, I always enjoy spiking characters right into the trash bin.
Heero just pawn in game of life.

12.August.2013: Never forget.
15.December.2014: Never forget.

The Glorious 12.August.2015: Always Remember the Glorious 12th.
ImStrokerAce
Orc Champion

Post by ImStrokerAce »

I'd be in for rolling up a new PC for this :-)
Current PC:
Mephis the Awkward Mage
vergin_sacrifice
Dire Badger

Post by vergin_sacrifice »

Ithildur wrote:I'm currently considering a somewhat experimental mini (2 or 3 sessions, NOT comic book timed; your PC may be stuck and largely unplayable outside of the sessions other than RPing with others who are stuck with you) plot/quest for the purposes of trying out/possibly incorporating elements that work into future DMing.

Some details:

-Low to mid lvls, around lvl 1 - 6 range
-Combat will likely be minimal, though if PCs wish to seek out combat they can choose to do so, likely at much greater peril than most folks these days are accustomed to
-Dangers from the environment (i.e. weather, terrain, etc) will play a much bigger role than in most ALFA sessions; having at least 1 PC with outdoorsy skills will make life a lot easier. One of the goal is to have skills and wits in general be much more useful than combat builds; another is to highlight the fact that this is the Savage Frontier, the North, and a lot of places are extremely dangerous with or without monsters.
-Moderately slow-ish pace; will attempt to build a cinematic feel with descriptions of environment, creatures, etc. in some detail whenever appropriate or timely, with space for PC's to respond to/interact with such. Feel free to frequently ask for descriptions/details if such is not given; sometimes they may mean difference between success/failure/life or death
-In spite of combat not being a focus, this will be a fairly high risk/challenging adventure; success will not be easy, and things could turn very deadly in unexpected ways. There will be chances to turn back and accept failure, though if the choice to turn back is made too late, it may be, well, too late.
-Rewards for success will match the risk factor
-The -6 'floor' may be removed if it's deemed to have a negative impact on the sessions.

I would recommend being fully prepared to lose your PCs, possibly to a kind of death that makes you say 'That was... not at all fun.' A semi-disposable alt might hurt less than your main PC.

It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea and/or may turn out to be less than successful, which is why I put out all these caveats and am putting out a feeler to see if there's interest at all. If you're a fan of, say, Jon Krakauer books (Into the Wild) you might enjoy this even if your PC ends up dying.

If anyone is in fact interested, post here and let me know.
So, at first line in, I was like... 'You had me at hello'. I loved being a player in your games Ith. Reading through.. less, less, not so much, no. I wish I could, you are a lot of fun. But, I don't think I can join. Good luck to all who do.
I doubt, therefore; I might be
Calil - Elf maid depicted in profile picture.
Bellie - Small woman from Lowhill with big attitude - see below
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Well, i'm at lv6 and real busy for the next... month or so. If this happens after that and you still want players, I'll be happy to join (Well, pending being able to leave, he's somewhat engaged with other things, but that should probably be fine).
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
gonz.0
Gelatinous Cube

Post by gonz.0 »

I have Amanda on TSM, and she might be a character worth playing in your game. If it all comes off, and times work out, i'll gladly communicate with you on particulars.
The real Gonz.0
"Where morality is present, laws are unnecessary. Without morality, laws are unenforceable." -Anonymous

Horatio
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/ ... atio-1.jpg
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

I'm interested, if times work
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

vergin_sacrifice wrote:
So, at first line in, I was like... 'You had me at hello'. I loved being a player in your games Ith. Reading through.. less, less, not so much, no. I wish I could, you are a lot of fun. But, I don't think I can join. Good luck to all who do.
I'm flattered, then shattered as I read through the rest of your post. Alas! :)

Looks like there might've been enough interest to consider this. Unfortunately I probably need to put off plans indefinitely due to my own life circumstances and general brain fatigue; I'll notify the folks who expressed interest if anything changes.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt