06/03/2013 Update - Player Housing!

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

Swift
Mook

06/03/2013 Update - Player Housing!

Post by Swift »

Current Occupancy List

House 1
: Empty
House 2: Empty
House 3: Empty

We are dipping our toes into the Player Housing pool. 3 small houses have been added to Rivermoot that are purchasable by players. They are priced at 1500gp each (less than a suit of full plate!).

What you get for your money: very little. Each house has a pChest but other than that, the furnishings that come with the house could be considered sparse. Bed, desk, fireplace etc. However, once you purchase a house, it becomes your house. A copy of the area will be available upon request and if you wish to spruce up your dwelling, you can do as you please (within reason, of course). A small gold cost will be attached to modifications to cover the purchasing of any additions you make to your house, likely not more than one or two hundred gold depending on the scope.

Yes, this means it is up to you (or someone you know) to do the tool setting, which will then be submitted to me for a final check over before addition to the mod. The only way we plan to do this is to offload the finesse stage of building to the player who wants the dwelling. It is simply easier as DMs to provide housing in this fashion as it a) cuts down on how long a DM has to spend on it and b) ensures the player can (should they wish it) decorate the house to exactly the way they want it.

There are two limitations on these houses.

1) If you currently have access to a dorm room at the Ladys College, we ask that you do not apply. The pChest is likely a main drawcard of these houses and college students already have access to numerous persistent storage placeables in their rooms.
2) If you never play on TSM, please do not apply. The DM team have no issue with players taking trips, but if you are a PC that players almost entirely on another server, buy a house there instead :)

If you would like a house in a small, flood prone, backwater village that even the Legion gets tired of protecting, we got you covered! Should this prove popular, I am open to adding in other housing options in other places under similar circumstances. If you are interested in a house, please post.
kid
Dungeon Master

Re: 06/03/2013 Update - Player Housing!

Post by kid »

sweet.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
wvincenti
Rust Monster

Post by wvincenti »

Free mud during the Spring thaw!

:-)

Sounds great.

-Bill
  • Currently NWN1 ALFA: Ryld Ky'bler
    Currently NWN2: Gwindor Faelivrin, still not actually dead!

Formerly: Timyin Tim, Glorfindel Inglorion and Beleg Thalionestel amongst others.
Wild Wombat
Frost Giant

Post by Wild Wombat »

Very interested. I don't suppose anything is available in the Gem though? My PC is based there.

I was actually about to send the following as a PM to Curmudgeon and Thorin, but thought maybe I should see if there is any mention of Player Housing in the TSM forum (gald I did, lol):

Is there any Permanent Housing / P-Chests on TSM? If so, do I need to get on a list or something? Frankly, Muir (my PC) doesn't really need anything much besides a P-Chest, but I suppose a place to rest would be nice. However, I think it is time he started putting down roots in Silverymoon.

So, let me know what hoops need to be jumped through.
Current NWN1: Murgen Kjarnisteinn (AKA Grumpy Scout)

Current NWN2: Muir Cheartach, AKA The Pale Faced Pie Man

R.I.P.: Croaker Lyosbarr, Knight of Yartar, Lord of Lhuvenhead (NWN1)

"In no uncertain terms, i am adamantly opposed to any ingame mechanics that penalize players for wanting to meet up with other players, when their goal is to roleplay." - White Warlock
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

There is not, though I suppose it would not be entirely hard to re-tool the houses to link up to doors in Silverymoon itself rather than Rivermoot. RM was simply the most convenient place for it.
Dorn
Haste Bear

Post by Dorn »

To be clear swiffer. No other P-chests without purchasing a house?
playing Nathaniel Ward - Paladin of the Morninglord and devout of Torm (cookie cutter and proud of it)
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

No. To my knowledge, the only pChests in Silverymoon are tied to factions (eg the KiS barracks)
SwordSaintMusashi
Mook

Post by SwordSaintMusashi »

Swift wrote:No. To my knowledge, the only pChests in Silverymoon are tied to factions (eg the KiS barracks)
There are PChests for devout of Lathander who live at the church, as well.
Current PCs:
Zova Earth Breaker, Monk of Rasheman
Alyra Ashedown, Knight Commander of Silverymoon
t-ice
Dungeon Master

Post by t-ice »

An obnoxiously intrusive suggestion (which likely is considered anyway):
Since the supply is very limited, provide the houses only to PCs with a plan of making it count, as opposed to a hidden playground to a singular, high-level PC.
Meaning something like a store that is PC owned (public front, private rear), or a safe house / headquarters / supply store to a (PC-based) faction, or a PC-maintained shrine to her diety (with a private quarters), dining room for the local dandy (considering the surroudings, owning a half-dozen set of cutlery probably qualifies for the title) to show off, etc.
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Faction-based housing (and OOC p-storage) is available for many PCs AT NO COST, including:

Argent Legion (Rauvinwatch Keep)
Knights in Silver (Silverguard Fortress)
Elves (Everdusk Hall in Silvy)
Dwarves (Citadel Felbarr)

Followers of:
Helm
Selune
Mystra
Torm
Lathander

Registered underclass students at the Ladies College get fancy dorm rooms with pstorage as part of their tuition.

There is also space in the Wands Estate near Rivermoot.

Housing for sale in Rivermoot (currently 4 apartments, all vacant last I looked)
I can also make these same apartments available in Silverymoon if there is a need (see the OP in this thread) fairly easily.

ALL of the above include beds and pstorage. Some of these are dormitory style (many beds & chests in the same space), some offer more privacy. There are also numerous inns offering rooms by the night (without pstorage) at reasonable rates.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

t-ice wrote:An obnoxiously intrusive suggestion (which likely is considered anyway):
Since the supply is very limited, provide the houses only to PCs with a plan of making it count, as opposed to a hidden playground to a singular, high-level PC.
Meaning something like a store that is PC owned (public front, private rear), or a safe house / headquarters / supply store to a (PC-based) faction, or a PC-maintained shrine to her diety (with a private quarters), dining room for the local dandy (considering the surroudings, owning a half-dozen set of cutlery probably qualifies for the title) to show off, etc.
That was the plan all along (as the limitations in the OP states) which would have gone into action had anyone actually applied for the housing :P
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

Kinda hard to want player housing when no one is getting DMed in the first place for a while :p
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
Rumple C
Bard

Post by Rumple C »

Thorin dm's almost daily. You behind the times, bro.
12.August.2015: Never forget.
Swift
Mook

Post by Swift »

Additionally, having a house of your own doesn't have much to do with getting DMed unless you can't afford it but even then it would not take long with a couple patrols a day to afford one.

It was a way to open up pChests to people who do not want to represent a faction (or be so closely associated with one that they house in the factions area).