The Lady's College

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

Mick
Beholder

Re: The Lady's College

Post by Mick »

While Arizma has stalled in her classwork, she would still like to inquire regarding a possible room at the college.

Alternatively, if anyone could provide a key for the P-chests at the Wands Estate outside Rivermoot, then that would be fine too. Arizma has a key to get into the Estate, but no P-chest assigned.

Thanks in advance!
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

Mick wrote:While Arizma has stalled in her classwork, she would still like to inquire regarding a possible room at the college.

Alternatively, if anyone could provide a key for the P-chests at the Wands Estate outside Rivermoot, then that would be fine too. Arizma has a key to get into the Estate, but no P-chest assigned.

Thanks in advance!
Probably should let Wynna handle the college room, but as for the Wands Estate, I've been informed there should be a working P chest there; might want to check again since there have been a few updates to the module with various fixes in the past couple of weeks.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
pangolin
Shambling Zombie

Post by pangolin »

Hello! Quent will need a room! Will this be handled through RP or will he be able to get his room once it has been assigned?

Quent Dagnir
1st Level Illusionist
Moon Elf
"...And when they catch you, they will kill you.
But first, they must catch you..."
Richard Adams
Wynna
Dungeon Master

Post by Wynna »

All room assignments will be done through RP, because there are in-game things that have to happen to have the room assignment 'stick'. I'm available weekends or after 5 PST by appointment, or just catch me in game, probably during those same times.
Enjoy the game
pangolin
Shambling Zombie

Post by pangolin »

great! Thank you.
"...And when they catch you, they will kill you.
But first, they must catch you..."
Richard Adams
Curmudgeon
Gadfly

Post by Curmudgeon »

Ithildur wrote:
Mick wrote:While Arizma has stalled in her classwork, she would still like to inquire regarding a possible room at the college.

Thanks in advance!
Probably should let Wynna handle the college room, but as for the Wands Estate, I've been informed there should be a working P chest there; might want to check again since there have been a few updates to the module with various fixes in the past couple of weeks.
Those keys should have been in the mod for quite some time.
- Curmudgeon
HDM ALFA 03 - The Silver Marches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Maxim #12: A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head." - The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

"This is not my circus. These are not my monkeys."

Realmslore: Daily Dwarf Common
Mick
Beholder

Post by Mick »

I actually can open some of the chests, but have discovered they are not persistent. Perhaps the locked chests (which my key will not open) are?
Talk less. Listen more.

Current PCs: ?
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
HEEGZ
Dungeon Master

Post by HEEGZ »

Hey I kinda like them, you! They are more interesting to me than the other statics I usually end up doing... To each his own.

The best statics for starting PCs are in Rivermoot, Silverymoon, and on BG.
boombrakh
Githyanki

Post by boombrakh »

[Post deleted by author]
Last edited by boombrakh on Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pragmatic (adj.)
The opposite of idealistic is pragmatic, a word that describes a philosophy of "doing what works best."
From Greek pragma "deed," the word has historically described philosophers and politicians who were
concerned more with real-world application of ideas than with abstract notions. A pragmatic person
is sensible, grounded, and practical.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Post by Ithildur »

boombrakh wrote:Their entry level is irrelevant. It lacks relevant information. I shouldn't have to possess meta knowledge in order to complete them.
Meta knowledge is not required for the classes; most of them are solvable without too much trouble. A few of them are quite tricky and might require extra help especially for someone totally new to wizardly stuff; maybe you happened to start out with the stumpers, but honestly, most are not that difficult to figure out even for someone new to wizards if they read the spell descriptions and think things through. :|

Several of them are puzzles that, once the solution is found, you have a good laugh and go 'haha, totally makes sense' in hindsight. The main difficulty is that at lvl 1, you usually get 2, 3 slots per day so you can't really try and try and try over and over again.
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
Zelknolf
Chosen of Forumamus, God of Forums

Post by Zelknolf »

Might be more useful/ constructive to give feedback other than "hella dumb"-- the likely response you'll get will be "This is the first bit of negative feedback we've heard. Maybe you're the problem," which we already see starting to take shape here. Remember that a person spent weeks doing work for the community for free to have those quests exist to begin with, and unless you also provide something of consequential value to the builder, they're unlikely to view disappointment as motivation to change anything. So being kinder and suggesting what thing could be done to improve them tends to work better.

If it's that you don't actually have words other than "hella dumb," (which I would translate into "the premise and/or core interaction of these quests does not appeal to me"), the solution would probably be equal effort to new quests and I'd probably suggest as HEEGZ does.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Well, as far as feed back... Not sure it's worth it as a lot of people have done that and I don't think i've anything new to add but:

1. I think a static that costs 50gp and rewards you with 25gp worth is somewhat odd as far as our standards for static rewards go. So that's a bit odd, losing money on a static.

2. it takes a lot of hours to figure things out, maybe we could give the tip of which class to start with?
(Once you complete a certain static it makes the rest a lot easier).

That said, once i've gotten over the hurdle... They are very fun.
Couldn't stop and blown through 400-500 gp in tuition and scroll completing them all.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea
orangetree
Dungeon Master

Post by orangetree »

If I may offer, there is a 'hints scroll' coded but not given out except by dm intervention. Maybe that part of the code can be fixed? It helped me a lot.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

orangetree wrote:If I may offer, there is a 'hints scroll' coded but not given out except by dm intervention. Maybe that part of the code can be fixed? It helped me a lot.
It's fixed.
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea