DMing with OGR

General forum for server information, questions, and announcements.

Moderators: Wynna, NWN2 - 03 DM

oldgrayrogue
Retired

DMing with OGR

Post by oldgrayrogue »

A few notes on style.

I am into story telling through free form roleplay. We create the story together. I like presenting PCs with situations in which they have to make difficult choices, and then let the story develop from their reactions. Nothing is predetermined. Anything is possible. All actions have consequences both good and bad.

Don't assume you can tackle every encounter I throw at you. The Marches can be a dangerous, even deadly, place. Treat it as such.

If I don't respond to a tell IG its because I am busy in RP, afk, or missed it in the "wall of text." Please don't spam me with repeat tells unless it's really important (i.e. CvC or life or death).

I like to ask for dice rolls. By the same token feel free to roll a die when interacting with NPCs.

I am more likely to DM you if I see you out and about as opposed to socializing in a tavern. I am not adverse to social RP, and will run sessions in cities/towns/taverns, but prefer other settings. Up to you if you want to take advantage of that or not.

I am open to DMing individual character development. If you want me to read your bio drop me a PM and include what you would like to see developed. I promise I'll consider it, but reserve the right to decline.

Finally, I do not have an encyclopedic knowledge of D&D rules, canon, etc. If you believe I have made a mistake during a session feel free to take it up with me after the session is over. If you have questions at the end of a session, feel free to ask them.
Ithildur
Dungeon Master

Re: DMing with OGR

Post by Ithildur »

Cheers mate. 8)
Formerly: Aglaril Shaelara, Faerun's unlikeliest Bladesinger
Current main: Ky - something

It’s not the critic who counts...The credit belongs to the man who actually is in the arena, who strives violently, who errs and comes up short again and again...who if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement, but who if he fails, fails while daring greatly.-T. Roosevelt
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

I plan on running something tonight 9pm-ish US Eastern Time. Open to all comers in and around Fourthpeak and Settlestone.
Adanu
Head Dungeon Master

Post by Adanu »

Zyrus is currently in Rivermoot if you've a mind for something there. Not going to move him anywhere until a DM comes by or a party comes by he can go with.
First Character: Zyrus Meynolt, the serene Water Genasi berserker. "I am the embodiment of the oceans; serene until you summon the storm." Zyrus: http://tinyurl.com/9emdbnd

Second Character: Damien Collins, the atypical druid. "What? Being a stick in the mud is boring. No pun intended grins"

Western Heartlands HDM: On break. PM for emergencies
oldgrayrogue
Retired

Post by oldgrayrogue »

Not going to make it on again tonight TSM. I am going to try for tomorrow night (Tuesday) however.
kid
Dungeon Master

Post by kid »

Eh.... I think im busy that... ehm... I hear my mom calling... ehm...
Byebye!
*runs off*
<paazin>: internet relationships are really a great idea